Strigae - Children of the Unseen

Esterlen

An amazing read the size of a book, and I'm willing to bet more in-depth than most if not all lore pieces on the server. I heavily support this acceptance of this lore.

After two hours of reading the original post and every single comment down to ones hidden and all of the juicy shitposts, I must say; wow. I'll be PMing Matt for further discussion.

Locked and under review.

Honestly looks like it'd be a really nice addition as a pseudo player driven antagonist, giving 'dark' and 'holy' mages a common enemy alongside your average Joe. It'd also boost the activity of more 'hunt' focused player groups (Looking at you, Marked Men) as they would have something to actually call real monsters without having to wait days to get an event or run in circles for less obvious entities like frost witches and necromancy creatures (Yes, I know how late this comment is).
+1

Your lore has been put on hold and will have its verdict delivered within the coming day(s) after more organized discussion among the LT.

Your lore has been accepted with alterations and will be put on trial for an unspecified duration. Your RP will be examined and upon the conclusion of the trial logs and screenshots will be reviewed alongside a public community poll. Once the trial ends, strigae will either be accepted completely or removed if the trial is passed or failed. We look forward to a high standard of roleplay from this group of player characters. PM myself for any questions or concerns regarding the topic.

-Strigae may regenerate a new body with the ritualistic aid of a living striga after 2 to 3 weeks instead of 9:

The idea here is that waiting nearly two months of being 'PKed' to revive over any death is ridiculous. Anywhere from two to three weeks is a very noteworthy duration of being out of commission for a character considering usual deaths are treated as points of memory loss and are majorly ignored (generalizing here) otherwise. It is up to the discretion of the striga player as to when their character may be revived between the second and third week alongside their assisting ally.

-Extensive wounds (torn apart limbs, outright destruction of organs, stabs at the heart, etc) cannot be healed in combat and require 4  hours IRL to heal. Wounds sustained via gold require 6 hours IRL to heal. Blows dealt to striga may not be 'shrugged off' unless they are of  feeble nature and must have some form of reaction.. Healing wounds appear progressively less grotesque as they heal but will remain as scars for a full day after being received:

With being as physically resilient in certain hot topics as stigae are, it should be noted that they are not superhuman. They are quicker, stronger, and more robust than most people but they are not indestructible or invincible. Considering they have no other means to heal it takes them time and for that it should be visible that they have sustained damage and are in the process or just finished licking their wounds (not literally, I hope).

Happy RPing!

The striga trial has passed. Lore implemented.