Lore Submission - Wood-Mobiles

Ducklingator

The Wood-Mobile!

((I was told I need to make a lore submission for this, if not, please tell me in the comments.))

These Car-like machines come in various different shapes and sizes. They are made out of wood, with ropes to connect Several parts to eachother.

The wood-mobiles are activated by pedals, that make the wheels move. they are usually quite fast, but only work well when they are on flat surfaces. Thier size usually determines thier speed, with bigger mobiles with more people inside of them being utterly slower, unless pedaled by a being with strong legs.

How it works?

The pedals are connected with ropes to the four wheels, every pair of front and back wheel is surrounded by a different rope like a chain. The steering wheel is connected to both front wheels by a thick wooden pipe, letting the Mobile move to the sides.

RED LINES:

The Mobile cannot be faster than a running person if there are more than two people inside of it.

The mobile cannot be made from a matirial heavier, or less durable, than wood.

The mobile's driver (The one that moves the wheels with the pedals) must be in the middle of the mobile, or else the mobile would not drive in a straight line, as the wheels won't be moving in the same time.

Side notes:

The steering wheel does not have to be moves by the same person moving the pedals.

The rope can be replaced by chains.

The mobile is easily burn-able.

No cars please, this is a fantasy/medieval RP server, not steampunk or whatever.

Besides making it essentially a peddal car. You could adapt this to fit within dwarven lore for a way they gather resources easily but on a more "Farrie" type of machine with two ropes/wheels/cart fetching with a furnace or forge in the middle, a system for easier transport and the MC way to represent this would be minecarts.

@MonkeyCoffee

It's just a nice thing to have, like elytra wings or In-game toys. It's interactable, and is, of course, a nice addition to the not-so-developed family RP.

@Moochael

Even if It's high-fantasy, We are living creatures, and we naturally develop and fulfill our needs. It's a simple, though utterly essential items, and we aleardy have much more complicated contraptions like diving helmets and ice boxes.

I don't really feel like this is necessary. We already have horses which are faster, easier to control, and more maneuverable irp than this vehicle. It doesn't add any sort of conveniences to transportation that aren't already provided. -1

Just now, Eranikus said:

I don't really feel like this is necessary. We already have horses which are faster, easier to control, and more maneuverable irp than this vehicle. It doesn't add any sort of conveniences to transportation that aren't already provided. -1

It isn't meant to be a good way to transport, really. Just a nice thing to interact with. IRP, even if it isn't quite as manuverable, It's much more interesting that other transportaion tools.

We don't need cars. We  have carts and animals pulling said carts AS IT SHOULD BE

If you want one for yourself, roleplay the creation of this and have it check in with an LM if you're doing it right and boom!

Special Snowflake Mobile

Just now, Hedgehug said:

We don't need cars. We  have carts and animals pulling said carts AS IT SHOULD BE

If you want one for yourself, roleplay the creation of this and have it check in with an LM if you're doing it right and boom!

Special Snowflake Mobile

I RP'd the creation of it, People said I need to make a lore submission.

And the carts are just FTs. nobody RPs with them.

I dont think cars would be allowed..

But I mean, if it's technically possible sure?

35 minutes ago, Fury_Fire said:

I dont think cars would be allowed..

But I mean, if it's technically possible sure?

It's more of a child's toy than a car, really.

Doesn't fit the fantasy theme, and doesn't have any use. Just because you want it for 'RP interactions' doesn't justify it being made...

21 minutes ago, Benedict said:

Doesn't fit the fantasy theme, and doesn't have any use. Just because you want it for 'RP interactions' doesn't justify it being made...

It's just a small piece of lore. It's practiclly like Cactus green. something small and fun you can do once in awhile if you want.

How would these be mechanically expressed in the game?