[✓] [Sprite Lore Add-on] Scary Toxins, Nice Sprites

Just now, KorusPrime said:

Sky, I think it's just a matter of wrong place wrong time. We tend to hand out around Aethermoor, as our island where we live is there.

And is that just not, ironic? That the sprites, a creature that Zer0 is the lore writer for, only spend time around Aethermoor, a land that Zer0 is the lord of. I'm sorry, but I cannot help but see the lore, and it's addition, only adding fun and flavour for but a handful of people that have always been within a small clique.

Have to be in agreement with Sky here, on all points. This isn't really needed, imo. 

Sky, we go plenty of other places as well. Some of us even hang out in Druid groves. We have provided a lot of good RP so far. We've been bought and sold on the black market and all parties involved have had fun. The sky blues play pranks often. We are serving our purpose the best we can, but there are only about thirteen of us on the entire server.

Just now, Sky said:

And is that just not, ironic? That the sprites, a creature that Zer0 is the lore writer for, only spend time around Aethermoor, a land that Zer0 is the lord of. I'm sorry, but I cannot help but see the lore, and it's addition, only adding fun and flavour for but a handful of people that have always been within a small clique.

Sprites go wherever. They dont actually stick to the island.

13 minutes ago, Sky said:

nvm Ill repost when its not 2 am

1 minute ago, Sky said:

I'm usually on during that time due to the player-base I am now responsible in helping lead, and I've never spent my entirety of active time within the grove, I've always traveled Vailor on the daily basis and yet, I've not seen (nor heard) sprites continuing to exist. Simply stating that "They just don't hang around the Groves, or Oren" or "Not active, when you're active" is somewhat odd, because as I said above, I don't just spend my time at the groves, or Oren, for that matter. Nor does my time-zone that I live in, relay the times I am active in due to my current place with my character. However, it may be simply my opinion, but my opinion nonetheless that the sprites don't add anything to the server, but only to those who are part of the 'Sprite Community' as Zer0 puts it.

From what I've seen and heard about the Sprite players, they do go around different places. Mostly around Druids or CT. 

I would say I do question at times if I should add more players for an rare creature. 

Mostly the purpose on the server was to give druids more "friends" or creatures to actually communicate without an ET needed. But somehow, that purpose has changed into strange creatures that people want to study and do things with.

From what I get told, most have tested on them,studied them, befriended them, killed, bottled, feed , taught them, Learned from them. 

There might not be a HUGE purpose to the creature, They are just there to bring some fantasy to this server. 

They aren't just cute little fairies the auto assumption people think sprites are. 

Sorry its like 1am so I'm tired..

6 minutes ago, Sky said:

The original land that Sprites had, was rarely used or people visited. Yes I moved the location because from the region owner and having to add the new players to the region was hard and I hated having to bug them, addition to the region owner leaving and I wasn't able to get owner or added as it. So I brought them closer to to an active location where they can actually be seen and take others too. 

And as I said, the creatures actually do go around and I've heard they do go around.

Only reason of the this addition, besides the new colors (raising the cap so more can play) Is the Sprites actually having a chance to fight back, they cant use magic or weapons. Why not use their body? It's not funny being killed all the time. 

Some plants actually have toxins and ways to defend itself. Hell I could've made something like them growing thorns to be like rose bushes. 

Some of us may not be very active on our Sprites, but many of us have put a lot of work into the race.
No, it's not fulfilling some big storyline, it's not adding much to the server, but it is providing at least an ounce of fun for some folk.

A lot of sprites don't like playing on the card because they get killed so often. Giving them a defense mechanism would help that, and could potentially add more activity to the group.

And, sure, you can call it a clique, but we accept nearly anyone so long as there's an open spot.

Anyhow, the lore sounds pree' k to me. I like it. +1

but the black sprite thing-o should be changed, yeah. just a weeeeee bit over powered for such a tiny creature.

1 minute ago, Fuego said:

Some of us may not be very active on our Sprites, but many of us have put a lot of work into the race.
No, it's not fulfilling some big storyline, it's not adding much to the server, but it is providing at least an ounce of fun for some folk.

A lot of sprites don't like playing on the card because they get killed so often. Giving them a defense mechanism would help that, and could potentially add more activity to the group.

And, sure, you can call it a clique, but we accept nearly anyone so long as there's an open spot.

Anyhow, the lore sounds pree' k to me. I like it. +1

but the black sprite thing-o should be changed, yeah. just a weeeeee bit over powered for such a tiny creature.

Pretty much that, And When I actually have some sleep and will work on the black sprite toxins, I did have something in mine.

And, hey!

You lot can kidnap sprites and make big ole drug-filled homes!

Spook some sky blue, pink, or purple ones and you'll be provided with some syykkk effects.

Seriously though, this would only add RP.

And if you're looking to have the druids to have more contact with them, either hunt 'em down icly, or contact the group itself. I'm sure we'd all be down for a bit of plant-buddy rp!

On my phone but let's do this anyhow. Sorry for any auto correct mistakes. 

Let's instantly dispel the fiction of Sprite inactivity. Zero has kept clean records of who is an active sprite, who has shelved theirs, etc, etc. Erin has also taken surveys to track who plays what color sprite, to ensure that all of our statistical data is on point. I assure anyone with doubts in sprite activity, there is plenty of people actively dedicating their time into playing their sprites. The prior statements are correct, the large majority of us are EST, however I don't believe that there are, "Only three active sprites..." There's an abundance of players who will casually spend time on their sprites, and more who simply hop on once in a while to contribute to the rest of the RP we produce. To say that we're inactive, or keep to ourselves, is a ludicrous accusation.

I'll first address the notion that, "We only RP in Aethermoore." Not sure when anybody got that idea, because from my understanding, sprites rarely tend to visit the physical sprite island. It's been implemented, more as an RP territory and home for the sprites, as opposed to an active region to role play in. Given its isolated location, along with the difficult route required to get there, we barely play on the island itself. Referring to Sky's comments, yes, the Sprites are indeed compatible with the Druids; Yet, in the original lore thread, it was stated that they were not an entity of the same manner, as they are completely separate. We are not pets, we are sentient beings with personal desires and ambitions. Of course, when we do play with the Druids, it's very meaningful, and if you were to say that a special connection exists between the two, you'd be entirely correct. Some of us prefer to play at the Grove actively, and others enjoy the forests. I, for one, was just in the Grive today, but I'll admit that the Grove is not my preferred location to RP. However, other players do play at the Grove, just not constantly. Personally, I thoroughly enjoy the deep forests of Felsen, I know that Combine has been playing at the docks by Laureh'lin, etc. etc.

Now, referring to people "Not being active," or thinking that we, "Don't exist..."

Ok, sure. I agree with you, and here's why.

I hope that most people realize that Sprites are not of the same value as an Elf, or a Human, or any of the descendents, for that matter. We have no nation to uphold, no government, no real OOC commitments to fill other than actively role playing with people, which we have more than accomplished, and thus we cannot be compared to any other established race. The Dark Elves, for instance, had their island sunk because the actual territory didn't attract enough physical role play. Sprites aren't held to the same standard, for they don't need to be actively played. Sprites are a rare, mystical creature, where encounters should not be common. If there were too many sprite players, then the entire purpose of the race would be demolished. No longer would we be mystifying, nor would we contribute to the steady stream of role play that we generate, we would simply be integrated into the rest of the world, being treated as the common folk. I was actually discussing this exact topic with @Cooliomafia earlier, as he said that we should, "not be advertising the Sprites as a playable race, but rather as a privelage." If everybody had an inactive, shelved Sprite, then yes, I would agree with you-- But that is simply not the case. Now allow the fiction of, "Sprite inactivity" to be put to rest.

As for the toxins, I'll admit that some legitimate points were brought up. I didn't have the intent of making the Sprites a power-game'y race when devising the toxins, at all, but we've all agreed (The active Sprite population) that these toxins are an excellent form of self defense. Research went into each chemical that the sprite would produce, and how we could mull down the effects of their defense mechanism to not be too over powered. As for the Sprites, "Leaking into the water," that wouldn't really be possible, as the toxins are released in somewhat of a gaseous form. Apologies if that wasn't clear, but they're only meant to take effect on actual, living beings. We are very open to suggestions about how to revise the toxin bit, but it is extremely necessary to at least have this function, as the Sprites currently have no way to actively defend themselves; However, it's not as if we need to engage in full on, totally awesome and in depth RP battles, but rather just as a stun or bluff tactic to successfully flee from predators. 

We we are very open to accepting revisions to the toxin lore, and hope that a compromise can be met.

Before responding to any of this, make sure you've read the whole thing to be sure I didn't address your concern anywhere else. 

Edit: Yea what @Fuego said, this revision will only add more RP for you Druid people, and the server as a whole.

Edited by Gamerdude3

This looks okay, but i've only seen 2 sprites in my 6 months of playing, and I never got to meet them. (AFK, or they ran off.)

Maybe I should come up with a Sprite Repellent. Plaster it upon their homes, and let them roam free.

EDIT: Or! I can cage them up. I need more lanterns.

My only problem is the black sprite. I might be wrong, but this is a defense mechanism for the sprites and evolution doesn't tend to create defense mechanisms in creatures just so they can drop dead from their own defense mechanism. It defeats the purpose. I think it should either not be lethal to the fairy (perhaps render them completely vulnerable after the fact, sick, etc. and used as a last resort to keep from dying ideally) or have the affects toned down to something else that isn't lethal.

Just my opinion. Otherwise pretty cool!

Just for activity, I see the sprites in CT all the time, maybe not daily but at least every other day.