[✗] [Lore Submission][Playable Creature] Axolotyn (5.0 Magical Creature)

Starfelt

+1 with the new isles it'll be a cool race!

One clarification I would like is how long are they able to stay upon dry land? It was stated that they needed moisture so they don't dry out from heat, but can only be underwater for about an hour at a time.

So could they traverse into land far enough within a time frame and still be fine if there was no water around them?

EDIT:

Also, naming nomenclature would be awesome to have as well, as in how do they identify one another besides their markings upon their skin?

I'd play one! It'd be interesting to see how they'd pan out, and I'd love to be involved in the building of their capital if they get accepted. I love underwater caverns so much.

But what Ardor said. How do they name each other, or do they even have names that would be pronounceable in common? Would whoever found them be tasked with finding a name to fit them?

1 minute ago, Ardor said:

One clarification I would like is how long are they able to stay upon dry land? It was stated that they needed moisture so they don't dry out from heat, but can only be underwater for about an hour at a time due.

So could they traverse into land far enough within a time frame and still be fine if there was no water around them?

EDIT:

Also, naming nomenclature would be awesome to have as well, as in how do they identify one another besides their markings upon their skin?

Axolotyn can stay upon land as long as they please, however the must remain moist at all times.
However the variant of the race, "The pales" must stay within water for at least an hour a day, then they are free to wander the world like their cousins. However many pales simply do not wish to leave the water, or comfort of their knot.

There are a few ways that an Axolotyn can identify each other, those being their appearance, and the sound of their voice.
Axolotyn can communicate with each other simply with chirps and whistles, that being their native tongue. However they are not limited to only speaking in their native tongue, they can indeed learn other langues, and communicate with the other races.

1 minute ago, TheDarkIsEternal said:

Axolotyn can stay upon land as long as they please, however the must remain moist at all times.
However the variant of the race, "The pales" must stay within water for at least an hour a day, then they are free to wander the world like their cousins. However many pales simply do not wish to leave the water, or comfort of their knot.

There are a few ways that an Axolotyn can identify each other, those being their appearance, and the sound of their voice.
Axolotyn can communicate with each other simply with chirps and whistles, that being their native tongue. However they are not limited to only speaking in their native tongue, they can indeed learn other langues, and communicate with the other races.

I mean in terms of names, like are they given a name like we are, or is it based of some sort of...trial that they do in order to earn a name...like...Jun'do Pufferfish for catching a pufferfish as a kid.....or is it a title that they are given for something memorable that they do.

Just now, Eranikus said:

I'd play one! It'd be interesting to see how they'd pan out, and I'd love to be involved in the building of their capital if they get accepted. I love underwater caverns so much.

But what Ardor said. How do they name each other, or do they even have names that would be pronounceable in common? Would whoever found them be tasked with finding a name to fit them?

They are given a name by their families, however it wouldn't translate over to common very well, an Axolotyn would attempt to communicate their name over to another race, by their native tongue, however once said Axolotyn learned common they'd give them self their own name. Though due to their nature, it's not uncommon for a Axolotyn to have a strange name, some males might even have a female name, and vice versa. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ1c5567bm9VuDg7EEUHhW

They look interesting!

underwater rp them on the bottom looking at a goblin trying to walk around with diving gear +1

Underwater civilization.

+1

Holy **** I love this. +1

The community has wanted an underwater race since the Devourer showed up. I really like the vision/art focus of this lore as opposed to a lizard race or squid race. I'm in support! Let's make it happen!

EDIT;  New races are a good thing. New races staying for a series of maps is meh. It would be neat to see this race be a one map type of deal. So people know they got to get their RP now and not later. 

I don't see how this will add to RP in the long run. This just seems like a flavor race like the Kha were where everyone was pumped for it because of an outside factor (new map in this case as opposed to the Khajit from Skyrim) which will fade away once the novelty is gone. Even the Kha have more depth though, with an entire religion for their race to get into, same with every other race aside from halflings for the most part (I count science as what the helves do).

There is nothing unique to this race aside from being water based and having that nifty regen (which you need to elaborate on more, does this regen negate voidal corruption? And if so, you should remove that since that's a huge pro that would need a larger con to balance). Nummy's water race had more depth to it and had reasons for the creature to interact with others outside of curiosity.

I might edit this later on when I'm not on my phone so I can go more in-depth as to why this race is getting a no from me.

14 minutes ago, The Pink Lion said:

I don't see how this will add to RP in the long run. This just seems like a flavor race like the Kha were where everyone was pumped for it because of an outside factor (new map in this case as opposed to the Khajit from Skyrim) which will fade away once the novelty is gone. Even the Kha have more depth though, with an entire religion for their race to get into, same with every other race aside from halflings for the most part (I count science as what the helves do).

There is nothing unique to this race aside from being water based and having that nifty regen (which you need to elaborate on more, does this regen negate voidal corruption? And if so, you should remove that since that's a huge pro that would need a larger con to balance). Nummy's water race had more depth to it and had reasons for the creature to interact with others outside of curiosity.

I might edit this later on when I'm not on my phone so I can go more in-depth as to why this race is getting a no from me.

We apologize if you don't like the race, but the race isn't for you. We didn't make this race so that the entire server suddenly has this new thing to fixate on, we made this race for the people who need something new. The races of this server are just... insanely stale. Most of them look human, there's only two that don't. This race is for individuals, not the crowd. However even if there are only a few people roleplaying them, it'll still bring a good amount of new roleplay for said crowd. If you don't like the race, don't play it. There's no reason not to add it, and finally voidal corruption will still affect them, their regeneration affects injuries, cuts, gashes, broken bones, etc, not enchantments/illnesses. They can still get sick, they just physically heal faster, so while voidal corruption won't affect their healing, their healing won't affect voidal corruption either. 

I respect your opinion, but I'll have to disagree with you on it.