[✗] Archons; The Void Touched

GDPR 014

I like this idea, just don't make this a circle jerk. Make it so any mage can transcend.

So basically you took wraiths and gave them an arcane twist? I don't know how I feel about this but it could be a cool idea if it doesn't turn super exclusive.

Can only normal mages become this, or perhaps dark things that can use maegik as well?

Just now, Fury_Fire said:

Can only normal mages become this, or perhaps dark things that can use maegik as well?

Dark mages can not, except for the rare circumstance of just being a blood mage.

Just now, ShameJax said:

Dark mages can not, except for the rare circumstance of just being a blood mage.

Lich? Wraith? They dont have to practice dark magic :P

Just now, Fury_Fire said:

Lich? Wraith? They dont have to practice dark magic :P

They are tainted. No.

Just now, ShameJax said:

They are tainted. No.

**** mayne. Time to wait for lore to be accepted and search people on my darkie then.

Hrm. Certainly interesting, but...erm...

Well, becoming what is essentially "I can't believe it's not a wraith!" doesn't feel like a very appropriate endgame for void magic users. It feels a bit overkill, actually. After all, void magic is the "basic" form that magic comes in on the server, the obligatory source for which all "vanilla" subtypes of fantasy magic are drawn from. However, I perceive a simple, easy fix to this little issue. A risk to choosing this path.

Whenever a character with access to this goes into "transcendent form," they must roll the standard d20. On a 1, the character's transformation backfires, sucking them into the void itself. This results in an auto-PK, and ensures that those with this power use it sparingly, not whenever they see a few bandits approaching, or indeed when any conflict breaks out at all. After all, if they've gotten this far with their skill in their chosen subtype, they can surely deal with minor threats using what they've already mastered, and what power they already have gained.

Edit: Alright, it doesn't strictly /have/ to be auto-PK, it's just that I strongly recommend that solution be at least encouraged. Either way, the laughter of the dice gods results in a death, PK or otherwise.

Edited by Krugalicious

I was actually thinking about something like this the other day, but couldn't quite bring my ideas together.

It sounds great, well done!

yes yes i support please +1

19 minutes ago, Krugalicious said:

Hrm. Certainly interesting, but...erm...

Well, becoming what is essentially "I can't believe it's not a wraith!" doesn't feel like a very appropriate endgame for void magic users. It feels a bit overkill, actually. After all, void magic is the "basic" form that magic comes in on the server, the obligatory source for which all "vanilla" subtypes of fantasy magic are drawn from. However, I perceive a simple, easy fix to this little issue. A risk to choosing this path.

Whenever a character with access to this goes into "transcendent form," they must roll the standard d20. On a 1, the character's transformation backfires, sucking them into the void itself. This results in an auto-PK, and ensures that those with this power use it sparingly, not whenever they see a few bandits approaching, or indeed when any conflict breaks out at all. After all, if they've gotten this far with their skill in their chosen subtype, they can surely deal with minor threats using what they've already mastered, and what power they already have gained.

Edit: Alright, it doesn't strictly /have/ to be auto-PK, it's just that I strongly recommend that solution be at least encouraged. Either way, the laughter of the dice gods results in a death, PK or otherwise.

A rolling system is very iffy. As it currently stands going into transcendent form leaves you extremely vulnerable, and would leave the Transcendent in extreme pain right after. The example originally given was yes, poor. And transforming is not meant to be done in situations like that, as you would easily be killed if you did such during combat. And void magic isn't meant to be the basic or vanilla, it is simply the middle in the magical scale.

Mm, excuse that. These forums are shitty. I was going to say something along the lines of what jax said, but he got to you first. I appreciate the feedback though!