[✗] Archons; The Void Touched

GDPR 014

Phil's a lad. This lore is good. That is all. 

no im a lad

I think, to balance out the fact that these creatures can be T5 in all their magics and have on extra magic, that they shouldn't be able to use Dark Magics beyond a T2 level, if at all.

For the sake of balancing, that is.

And by 'Dark Magics' I mean blood magic. Seriously, a blood Mage with five T5 magics to power up is ridiculously OP.

7 hours ago, Mephistophelian said:

I think, to balance out the fact that these creatures can be T5 in all their magics and have on extra magic, that they shouldn't be able to use Dark Magics beyond a T2 level, if at all.

For the sake of balancing, that is.

And by 'Dark Magics' I mean blood magic. Seriously, a blood Mage with five T5 magics to power up is ridiculously OP.

Currently debating a solution. I was very uneasy with making bloodmagic a compatible magic with the transcendent. Might just make it so you can't practice it period, and leave Fi as the only exception (given to is a psuedo voidal magic, and doesn't affect one's soul. The consequence of being a fi mage and Transcendent is that you have no boons arcane wise, and can really only use Fi.)

Alternatively you could make someone who isn't going to be themselves a... 'Void wraith whatever thing?' A catalyst to merely help other players along to further keep it from becoming "circlejerky". Sometimes the best neutrality comes from not actually being involved anymore than the initial process. 

You may call me old fashioned but I believe there is still ample room to involve normal wizards here and there in some lore. Not everything has to be an eldritch Wraith or lich or whatever. 

Incorporeal beings. 

After some discussion, we've come to the conclusion that a Transcendent cannot practice any Deity or Dark Arts. 'Why?' You might ask, well there are two reasons:

1) A Transcendent with any dark magic will be too overpowered. It also defeats their purpose to have any dark magic.

2) A descendant must be versed in and maxed in three arcane magics, and must be at the level of a teacher before turning into a Transcendent.

We want to see this lore passed, and are willing to work with any LMs and players to make them balanced, and enjoyable to RP with.

I got a question : It says that to become a transcendent a ritual must be performed on you by the elders,right? So how would a mage

become a transcendent without having IC knowledge about it? Would the elders approach expert mages and offer them to become one or would the mage have to find out about their existence (by seeing one, a friend telling how he saw it,etc...) and then have to find more clues of the elder's whereabouts in in order to become a transcendent?

2 minutes ago, Summorox said:

I got a question : It says that to become a transcendent a ritual must be performed on you by the elders,right? So how would a mage

become a transcendent without having IC knowledge about it? Would the elders approach expert mages and offer them to become one or would the mage have to find out about their existence (by seeing one, a friend telling how he saw it,etc...) and then have to find more clues of the elder's whereabouts in in order to become a transcendent?

That is currently in the works. We are throwing around a few ideas on how to find people to Transcend, however the person who has the chance to become one of the Transcendents will have to do trials (we're working on the types of trials) to prove themselves worthy. It's something to think on when and if it gets accepted-- most likely a few events will occur to make the presence of these beings known.

The trials sound pretty neat. You should add them to the post when you guys finish working on them. I wish i could contribute to the idea, but i'm pretty newby to the server :P

1 hour ago, Blundermore said:

Alternatively you could make someone who isn't going to be themselves a... 'Void wraith whatever thing?' A catalyst to merely help other players along to further keep it from becoming "circlejerky". Sometimes the best neutrality comes from not actually being involved anymore than the initial process. 

1 hour ago, Blundermore said:

You may call me old fashioned but I believe there is still ample room to involve normal wizards here and there in some lore. Not everything has to be an eldritch Wraith or lich or whatever. 

Incorporeal beings. 

This lore was written as an end game for void mages, not some other being. As it currently stands mages can't progress without choosing a path of light and dark, this is meant to provide a middle route.

And yes, you still can be a simple wizard. Transcendents are simply one way a void mage can go; boons with cost. And you can only progress through change, otherwise you simply stay flat at the current state. Which is not a good one.

Just now, ShameJax said:

This lore was written as an end game for void mages, not some other being. As it currently stands mages can't progress without choosing a path of light and dark, this is meant to provide a middle route.

And yes, you still can be a simple wizard. Transcendents are simply one way a void mage can go; boons with cost. And you can only progress through change, otherwise you simply stay flat at the current state. Which is not a good one.

Technically liches don't have to be dark.

Just now, KBR said:

Technically liches don't have to be dark.

They're dark beings.