[✗] Wildermen

Chocaholic_

Disclaimer: This idea is extremely experimental and not even really lore. I am open to any criticism                                    or further ideas, and would love to hear your thoughts on my idea.

Now. Onto the idea. My plan is for the race to be an ancient, humanoid, indigenous race in Axios. They lead simple lives as hunter-gatherers, but aren't unintelligent, and may not speak common at first, but may eventually. They live on the island of Ceru, hunting the native animals, setting up different clans and harvesting plants (in the Summer.) They have one chieftain, or Goman, and a seer, the Sinum.

The duties of the chieftain include leading hunts, planning expansion or relocation of camp, and appointing the next chieftain. They may appoint soldiers, or Iru.

The duties of the seer are healing injured tribesmen, foreseeing significant events, (Don't know if this should be real or fake magic, I'll wait until you guys give me your input.) and being a religious leader. Additionally, the Sinum must choose and train an apprentice during their span of seer-hood. (?) 

There will be 4 clans; the wandering Kaji, the hunting Kini, the peaceful farming clan Kepi, and the pillaging Kojo.

Kaji- The Kaji clan wanders across the wilds of Ceru, setting up and leaving camp as they go. Many die during winter, but it is argued that this lets only the strong survive. . .                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Kini- The Kini clan have a permanent camp, but send out many hunters in spring and summer, and have mastered the arts of cooking and preserving meat cuts. They have trained and bred the local wolves to hunt alongside them.

Kepi- The Kepi clan are farmers and traders, trading with all other clans with the exception of the Kojo. They farm during the summers and spring, and hunt for a small portion of their food.

Kojo- The Kojo are raiders, pillaging and never making anything of their own. Their women have no rights except to breed more soldiers, and they are feared by all other clans, although the Kini pay tribute to be protected from raids.

Again, I would love to see your feedback, thoughts, and criticisms, so please reply if you have any. Also, I used comic sans MS on purpose.

i like this idea

I think this is the start of a very good pack of lore. If you developed this a bit more, I'm sure that the LT would seriously consider it. 

I'm not sure what plans they already have for existing groups when we reach 5.0, but it would be awesome if this was one of them.

I would be happy to help you reformat/develop/add pictures to your lore, if you would like that.

It's excellent for community members, such as yourself, to contribute, and I appreciate that you're proposing this idea as a relatively new LotC member!

+1

Thanks, and seeing as I'm not a very good writer or lore creator, it would be very nice to have some help! Not to say that I would leave it all to you, of course.

The idea of natives are cool but the LT will shoot this down because the human population migrates from map to map, meaning there wouldn't (normally) be indigenous peoples before their arrival. 

Smawton suggested something akin to this, but they are frog people.

I was thinking more along the lines of a friendly, playable race. Similar to the game UnReal world, if you have ever heard of it or played it.

I like this idea. I've always wanted to make a tribal persona similar to Aztecs and Native Indians. If it is an issue of them being humans maybe elves would work better? Smawtons idea is good as well but I feel more people would be comfortable playing a native human/elf as opposed to a wildly different race.

+1

2 minutes ago, Wolf Druid Ouity said:

Erm, this was posted in implemented lore.

That's because he knew it was going to be accepted, so he saved our LM or FM staff the trouble and placed it in the appropriate subforum so it wouldn't have to be moved.

2 hours ago, Shalashask said:

I like this idea. I've always wanted to make a tribal persona similar to Aztecs and Native Indians. If it is an issue of them being humans maybe elves would work better? Smawtons idea is good as well but I feel more people would be comfortable playing a native human/elf as opposed to a wildly different race.

+1

Like nomadic wood elves, or pretty much warhawkes?

I like the idea of doing events with this race, but ehh, their only really unique in the fact that they are nomadic, and native to Axios.

I'm sorry to say that this lore has been Denied.

Please pm a member of the LMs if you want more details on the reasons of denial.