Air Evocation [Lore]

Suicidium

2 hours ago, Booklight12 said:

We dont have lore for air evocation but generally for evocation as a whole. We do have a guide however that elindor wrote. However i do like the idea of having this if this is denied itd be pretty meh. Back when air evo was first reintroduced to the server in anthos there wasnt even a guide to it. Since then i feel the magic has come a long way from having only like 5 users. The only things i will say are to look at the current guide for air evocation for a few more tips and looking over the idea of wind and air on the server. I believe its been said that weather, rivers, climate and so forth are not bound by real life laws. In the case of deserts next to tundras and strange things like that. So its most likely be better to remove irl science from the lore in the case of air rising and falling hot air meeting cold as it seems too modern. But i may just be wrong thats just my two cents.

That's the issue, there's no idea of wind and air on the server at all. For the longest while, these concepts that are being proposed is centred around air evocation and not into other sides of the server like terrains. The irl science that was used for this are basic, bare-bones fundamentals for wind and air and pushing this into the mystical side will simply surrender air evocation into an entirely uncharted ideology.

Which I will argue is bad, for the creation of truly unique and interesting abilities for both combat or utility  uses, there needs to be basic building blocks that this abilities can stem from, and its been entirely missing...

Both Elindor's air evocation guide and Princeton's much more recent guides were used as main resource material for this lore proposal, and even that its worth nothing that the understanding of whether air evocation was grounded in irl basic physics or mystical physics were vague in both guides for this very reason, there's no foundation for the lore at all.  

1 hour ago, aerialkebab said:

This just looks like a reiteration of guides tbh, but it's harmless. 

It has to be derived from the guides, this lore does not seek to radically change the lore and force a change for air evocation users at all, if anything, the intention for this lore is to supplement users with basic building blocks for them to use and apply their magic from, it absolutely does not restrict creative intent for air evocation. 

This lore has been Accepted!

Air evo now has lore! Though you could have just made lore for evocation in general.