Gangrel1230

Holy Order of Saint Wilfriche

Holy Order of the Black Mace

Spoiler

oO3VABCf0oUHAvxj02oQZvbVX4SVNnKbf_SxHsDf

“In hoc signo vinces”

History of the Order

Spoiler

The Order of Saint Wilfriche is most certainly a newly born order. Created following the ascension of Theodosius I. It was formed out of Daniel III’s Knights of Visiga. The founders of this order were the remaining members of the Visigian Knights, they had determined a need for a stronger Church and to provide the Church with it’s own protective body that was not driven by secular affairs.

Command

High Pontiff

The High Pontiff has absolute and supreme authority over the Holy Order of Saint Wilfriche.

His Holiness, Sixtus IV

Holy Knight-Commandant

The Knight-Commandant is selected by the High Pontiff from among the seven Knights. He is the direct commander of the Order and manages their day to day operations.

Holy Ser Edward d’Ambray

Holy Knights of the Black Mace

The Holy Knights of the Black Mace are chosen from the current serving squires and from within the Faith Vigilant as seen fit by the Holy See and Holy Knight-Commandant. The title is not honorary as it is confirmed by an oath to GOD in defense of the Holy Palatinate. Holy Knights are sworn to uphold the Palatine Code upon taking the Knight’s Oath.

"Virtus junxit, more separabit"

Holy Knight

The knights are servants of the Church’s will. They are entrusted with serving as the officers of the Holy Order of Saint Wilfriche which in turn is entrusted with the defense of the Faith, its priesthood, holdings, and the virtue of the realm. Knights exercise their charge through inquisition, crusade, and diplomacy as required and authorized.

Holy Ser Maximillian Dawnstead

Holy Dame Karina Gotthold

Squire

Squires are both the servants and the students of the Holy Knights. They clean their armor, feed their horses, polish and sharpen their blades, serve their meals, and so on. In return, the squires are trained in swordsmanship, horsemanship, the faith, and other essential aspects of Holy Knighthood.

Inquisitors

Canonists that serve as inquisitors are specially trained and qualified to root out heresy and find the unholy throughout the world. Many are to be feared as they can be ruthless in achieving success in the name of GOD.

“Ordo ex chao”

Superior

The Superior is charged with maintaining the inquisition. A Superior is the most experienced of inquisitors as is to be expected of their position. Typical duties other than rooting out heresy can be more formal such as presenting investigations to the Synod and as simple as keeping the training of inquisitors and external aid.

Procurator

Serve as prosecutors and investigators during inquisitions. Procurators also have the ability to begin investigations of their own if they believe that they have found heresy or anything that might be in question. However, to act upon it, much like regular inquisitors they must bring the information to the Superior though a Procurator can take the information to the Synod as well.

Inquisitor

Tasked with rooting out heresy. An inquisitor might find himself working anywhere in the world seeking the unholy. Sometimes that which is unholy is to be destroyed other times, a more kind approach may be taken such as turning that which is unholy back into GOD’s light.

Acolyte

The title bestowed upon someone seeking to become an inquisitor. Following along with an experienced inquisitor to learn the ways and traditions.

Faith Vigilant

Canonists finding themselves serving within the Faith Vigilant will be the guardians of the Church. They will act as its defenders and avengers. And when required they will be its militant arm to do battle for GOD be it in holy crusade, inquisition, or fighting GOD’s enemies. These honorable soldiers are the vanguard of the Church.

“Pro deo et patria”

Marshal

Commander of the Faith Vigilant. A loyal canonist and protector of the Faith. The Marshal is selected out of the ranks or appointed by the Commandant or Holy See.

Sergeant

Sergeants serve as the Vigilant’s trainers and most experienced soldiers. They can be relied upon in near any situation to get tasks done and to make sure that standards are kept perfectly. Sergeants can lead detachments of the Vigilant throughout all the dioceses.

Chevalier

The sacred footman of the order are well experienced in their roles. Serving as guards of the Palatinate and defenders of the Faith. Chevaliers are learned men of the Faith as are all men of the order. An expectation of these men are that they shall know verses from the scriptures.

Footman

Newly initiated members of the order. They can find their path within the branch of the Faith Vigilant or the Inquisitors if they so decide.

Holy Knights of Visiga

The Holy Knights of Visiga is an order of honorary knights. This goes back to the days of the Order of the Black Sepulchre. Knights of Visiga will have no command authority over any member of the Order of Saint Wilfriche. Members inducted into the knights will be allowed to style themselves as Holy Ser. To be inducted, one must be chosen by the Holy See. As with all members of the Order of Saint Wilfriche, even the Knights of Visiga shall follow the Palatine Code and take the Knight’s Oath.

Honoured

Jan Kovachev

Joseph Ciacci

John Kowacz

Alexander ‘the Savage’

Sokol Nikovich

Ragnar de Autson VI, deceased

All knights formerly of the Order of the Black Sepulchre or of past holy knightly orders are encouraged to submit a letter to the High Pontiff and Knight-Commandant with their information. The information required will be placed below. The High Pontiff will make decision on who will be sanctioned to resume their place in holy knighthood.

The Palatine Code

All members of the Order are expected to follow the stations and tenets as well as take the oath.

I. STATIONS

i. Stand as guardians of the High Pontiff and Holy See.

ii. Protect the Creator's faithful from evil, whenever possible.

iii. Hunt all worshippers of evil and practitioners of darkness.

iv. Keep watch in the lands of the Holy See, and uphold peace and order.

v. Be the Vanguard of any Holy Crusades and Inquisitions.

vi. Carry out the sentences of those convicted of crimes against the Faith and the Holy See.

II. TENETS

i. Share, with tolerance and understanding, the word of the Lord.

ii. Maintain a powerful and unwavering faith in the Creator and His word.

iii. Seek to embody Horen's Virtue and Owyn's Spirit.

iv. Strive to deliver upon the faithful the embodiments of Godfrey's Gospel and Siegmund's Auspices.

v. Obey, without question, the hierarchy of the Order, and ultimately word of the High Pontiff.

vi. Embrace our fellow Ordermen as Brothers, and treat them as such.

vii. Know to violate the Palatine Code is to be stripped of his rank and to be exiled in disgrace.

III. Oath

If I should falter in my course, send me never to the skies above.

If I should succeed, bestow unto me His blessings, forevermore.

For, now I march into a valley through which there is no path.

And the stones cascade behind me, to seal my retreat.

Though in this valley, I find my Brothers;

Now I am named Guardian of His Flock.

Should I falter, my shield shall turn to ash;

But I shall not falter.

Testaments of Faith

Spoiler

FIRST TRIAL : SACRED URN

The creation of the Sacred Urn, holder of the martyr's ashes, is first amongst the tests. The Urn must be fired and molded by the squire himself, all resources and tools must be chiefly his own work. After, a bishop of the Canon must approve and give his blessing, lest the squire remake the Urn.

SECOND TRIAL : TONGUE OF FIRE

To speak the Creator's Will is to have a Tongue of Fire, the tongue which breaks all barriers of language and communication through His Power. In order to be considered to become a Knight of the Black Mace, one must convert a heathen, one who has not had the joy to hear the Canon, and bring him fully into the fold of our community.

THIRD TRIAL : SWORD OF OWYN

The Creator’s Wrath brings fear and awe across the plains of existence, in every heart and mind of every being which has walked and thought. Through discipline and faith, one may acquire the Creator’s Blessing in the art of combat, to spar and wield the weapons of His Divine Will.

FOURTH TRIAL : HOLIEST DUTY

The Vicar of GOD is the chief priest, representative of His Divine Will. Through his words mark the words of GOD Himself, and so the tasks delivered by him also Divine in nature and spirit. Accomplish the task given by His Holiness moves one ever further in achieving the ashes of the sacred.

FIFTH TRIAL : ARMOR OF FAITH

To truly believe in the Grace of GOD is to have true faith in Him. The test of faith marks a man from the commoner to the most devout.

Fill out the following application and send it to the Knight-Commandant in the Bastille of Luciensport.

IC

Name:

Race:

Are you a Canonist or willing to convert?:

Do you have any notable experience?:

Following section for previous Holy Ser’s only

Previous Order:

High Pontiff who knighted you:

OOC

Username:

Do you have TS?:

Skype (can be pm’d):

((please keep sh*tposting and memes off this. That includes references to the Teutons and White Rose. Thanks))

Name: Arch-Bishop Adolf Gotthold

Race: Human, Heartlander

Are you a Canonist or willing to convert?: I am a zealous Cradle Canonist.

Do you have any notable experience?: I am a Canonist Archbishop, and have served the faith for several decades. I actively root out heresy and urge conversion in the face of subversion, and also have been planting the idea for such an institution as this for years. I have a thesis on the matter as well.

Username: PariahFolk

Do you have TS?: Yes.

Skype (can be pm’d): Yes.

25 minutes ago, PariahFolk said:

Name: Arch-Bishop Adolf Gotthold

Race: Human, Heartlander

Are you a Canonist or willing to convert?: I am a zealous Cradle Canonist.

Do you have any notable experience?: I am a Canonist Archbishop, and have served the faith for several decades. I actively root out heresy and urge conversion in the face of subversion, and also have been planting the idea for such an institution as this for years. I have a thesis on the matter as well.

Username: PariahFolk

Do you have TS?: Yes.

Skype (can be pm’d): Yes.

Accepted. We shall talk.

IC

Name: Vincent Summers

Race: Human

Are you a Canonist or willing to convert?: Canonist

Do you have any notable experience?: Yes

Previous Order: N/A

High Pontiff who knighted you:N/A

OOC

Username: joe_barnett

Do you have TS?: yes

Skype (can be pm’d): think you have

1 hour ago, Ratsack said:

((Uh where do I actually go or what do I do?

((Find me online one of these days. Otherwise its the keep in Luciensport. If you follow the signs I've put up you should find it. You can also talk to the Pontiff or one of the other knights.

IC
Name: Alexander Anton Gotthold
Race: Human (Heartlander)
Are you a Canonist or willing to convert?: Yes.
Do you have any notable experience?: Simply due to Alexander being a lad of 16, he'd have no actually combat experience. However, he'd have basic combat training. 

Previous Order: N/A
High Pontiff who knighted you: N/A

OOC
Username: Vellisar
Do you have TS?: Nah man. I can get it if I need to.
Skype (can be pm’d): snakerider1016. And you've got it, man.

2 hours ago, Vellisar said:

IC
Name: Alexander Anton Gotthold

Accepted. Report to the keep in Luciensport.

This current Guild has been deemed inactive and has hereby been moved. If you wish to appeal this decision you must present evidence to myself proving the guild is still active.