[✗] A Means to An End; Deific Moderation Proposal

Tsuyose

When a deity user succumbs to the inevitable, inactivity, it becomes a burden upon the Order they once dedicated themselves to, or otherwise, when a player has decided to leave the server, is banned, or no longer play the character. It strains not only the in game functionality of the actual Order albeit becomes a strain out of character, hindering their ability to progress appropriately. Fully knowing that players are either playing merely for the events or are plainly inactive; this is decided by the leaders of each deific guild.

Therefore I propose a system that will pseudo-moderate deific Orders, removing the inactive while maintaining the active without mass disconnection. By removing the inactive individual from the equation it becomes considerably easier to attempt a more active, functional, and overall better Order. Lists are no longer clogged and the teachers may proceed with their roleplay, teaching students, and re-creating the Order without the burden of inactive deific users actively hindering their ability, or want to create new members; thus, enabling deific teachers the ability to OOCly moderate their guild-- while also following the canon rule of: Aenguldaemons cannot manually disconnect from their realm without descending.

The system is simple:

Should a deific user fall inactive then, at the behest of the guild leaders they are able to approach the MAT and have the inactive deific users slotted onto an individual list, excluding them from the active users. Their lack of legitimately wielding, let alone using the magic, therefore means their ability to weave deific energy eventually becomes dormant, locked.

The inactive deific user is then unable to wield their magic should they return, however, they maintain a connection to their specific deity; their magic is merely locked at ‘Tier 1’ and can only be unlocked by a teacher related to the deity they use. While the cons from their deity still applies.

I.E. A Tahariaen Cleric, returning from inactivity, will be unable to wield voidal and dark magic unless disconnected - presuming that is the route they would like to proceed with. - Or a Paladin will be bound to both ‘Tier 1’ Paladinism and Voidal magic.

After a teacher has permitted their return IC through re-activating their dormant, innate power, their ‘tier’ will automatically revert back to its original tier, enabling the user to return back to their magical prowess prior to falling into inactivity.

This system would work with the following: All current deities actively lending descendants magic; Xan, Tahariae, Aeriel, and Metztli.

Should a guild decide they disagree with my system and would like to be removed from the proposal then they are free to contact me and I will promptly remove them. However, I iterate that this is solely a means of clearing the inactive from an active list. This is solely a means to an end, wiping the inactive unless they become active, wish to return, or otherwise be disconnected; alternatively they are free to resume playing their character - should they return, of course, - and play their character while maintaining the negatives of their deity, and the connection.

(Wasn't entirely sure where I should post this proposal, honestly.)

This is a much needed thing. Im unsure about the other groups, yet it is difficult trying to boost activity in your order when you have so many dormant characters kind of just cluttering the order. If we cant disconnect them, this is the next best thing. 

I approve. There are so many people who applied for muun'trivazja and got the magic then like a week after went inactive or stopped playing in general. This is a much needed thing.

Hell yes. The Druids, and I would imagine the other deific groups need this so damn badly. This is wonderful, Tsu. I really hope to see this implemented.

I'd assume that if there is a conflict in schedules with teachers, one might be able to ask the Magic Team for a bit of assistance? Or could this not be limited to just teachers, but high "tier" players?

What...? Why? Why at all is this necessary? Didn't we go over why destroying magic for people who aren't 100% active is stupid when you guys fucked over the Monks?

4 minutes ago, Space said:

What...? Why? Why at all is this necessary? Didn't we go over why destroying magic for people who aren't 100% active is stupid when you guys fucked over the Monks?

Cause for reasons state already by OP it brings the rest of them down.

Just now, Pess said:

Cause for reasons state already by OP it brings the rest of them down.

In what way?

Someone shouldn't have their character fucked because they need to step away from the server. If someone goes inactive, just remove them from your skype chat and treat them as not being a member of your group. It's not hard to treat the inactive people as if they don't exist, and causes far fewer issues.

4 minutes ago, cyber_king3 said:

Someone shouldn't have their character fucked because they need to step away from the server. If someone goes inactive, just remove them from your skype chat and treat them as not being a member of your group. It's not hard to treat the inactive people as if they don't exist, and causes far fewer issues.

No because they still holds the powers and their actions speaks for the entirely of the group? It also stops you from recruiting new so that you don't flood the magic. But hey ignoring people surely works, kappa.

I see this not necessarily just applying to people who take breaks from the server, but moreso people who just aren't playing their deific magic character and instead playing others.

In those situations, I support. I don't think it should be used against those who let the guild leader know they're taking a break from the server, though.

How are they a burden? Please, someone describe this fully. What I get is it stops people from recruiting more, which isn't true-- There are absolutely NO caps on the amount of people with a magic. It's all self-imposed, and most of the time silly af.

Just now, Space said:

How are they a burden? Please, someone describe this fully. What I get is it stops people from recruiting more, which isn't true-- There are absolutely NO caps on the amount of people with a magic. It's all self-imposed, and most of the time silly af.