[✗] A Means to An End; Deific Moderation Proposal

Tsuyose

Yeah sure its nifty and all, but the only reason this is being proposed is so that the magic list won't seem too cluttered.

This is literally just putting more OOC power in guild leaders, which is a recipe for disaster.

As someone who plays two characters both with deity magic that are not fully active, this can be both a hinderance and a blessing.

My cleric is not part of any guild, nor would she ever wish to be, so this would damage a lot of RP for her when I play her from time to time, that I may need to go to a guild to get her magic back.

As for my druid, I could see this being fine. She already has been put on an inactive list. However, I am still very active in the druids on other characters.

So I am kinda meh for this

I guess one of the important thing this does is remove power of the innactive from the guild. If a player goes innactive for 6 months and then comes back and says "I'm one of the best, follow me, I'm doing this and that and these guys that are leading the guild are idiots" can't happen anymore because they won't be one of the best anymore, and as such, not many others will follow them. This has happened quite a few times.

Can we have something similar with dark magics as well? I mean it seems sort of unfair that inactive deific users get knocked down to T1 while inactive dark mages get to sit on their magic 

I like the idea; However, I think locking it at "Tier 1" is a bit un-needed. Say someone like Ouity had to go on another hiatus for whatever reason, while it might help by freeing up that slot, if they ever did return why would their character's knowledge and prowess be stricken away?

No. This would be far better if the magic was completely removed, and reinstated after the player exhibits at least one (two?)+ week of constant activity via posting daily screenshots in a 'reactivation' thread in the magic app place. 

16 minutes ago, Areon said:

I like the idea; However, I think locking it at "Tier 1" is a bit un-needed. Say someone like Ouity had to go on another hiatus for whatever reason, while it might help by freeing up that slot, if they ever did return why would their character's knowledge and prowess be stricken away?

WHAT SLOT

WHERE ARE THESE SLOTS

31 minutes ago, Aesopian said:

No. This would be far better if the magic was completely removed, and reinstated after the player exhibits at least one (two?)+ week of constant activity via posting daily screenshots in a 'reactivation' thread in the magic app place. 

This is stupid. It assumes that any time I am away from my computer, my character is not only ignoring his duties as a Druid, but somehow actively severing his own connection to the Aspects willingly.

This whole thing is dumb. It basically states that if you have to go away for an extended period of time, your character has done something wrong. So wrong that they have lost their right to wield their holy magic. How long is "hiatus?" A week? Two? A month? I don't want my character to have to go through some stupid, demeaning lessons getting taught by a guy whose guide's guide's guide's guide's guide he taught because OOCly it was decided that I have too much of a life.

Thank you, but if your guild is having organizational problems, keep it in your guild. Mine is doing fine.

Just now, Wolf Druid Ouity said:

This is stupid. It assumes that any time I am away from my computer, my character is not only ignoring his duties as a Druid, but somehow actively severing his own connection to the Aspects willingly.

This whole thing is dumb. It basically states that if you have to go away for an extended period of time, your character has done something wrong. So wrong that they have lost their right to wield their holy magic. How long is "hiatus?" A week? Two? A month? I don't want my character to have to go through some stupid, demeaning lessons getting taught by a guy whose guide's guide's guide's guide's guide he taught because OOCly it was decided that I have too much of a life.

Thank you, but if your guild is having organizational problems, keep it in your guild. Mine is doing fine.

What are you going on about? I never said anything about RPly having to do learning, just that you needed to prove your activity via screenshots of SOME activity. It's better than what OP suggested is all.

2 hours ago, Jistuma said:

I guess one of the important thing this does is remove power of the innactive from the guild. If a player goes innactive for 6 months and then comes back and says "I'm one of the best, follow me, I'm doing this and that and these guys that are leading the guild are idiots" can't happen anymore because they won't be one of the best anymore, and as such, not many others will follow them. This has happened quite a few times.

I don't see how having your magic gimped removes any executive power you might have unless you have a really badly organized guild.

Honestly seems like busywork for the sake of busywork and more needless complication. If people come back from a year long hiatus and wave their magical wang around they're the problem not the system. Guilds don't have a zero-sum on slots, after all.

Who revolves their whole hierarchy around magical tiers that don't even exist anyways?

2 hours ago, Space said:

How are they a burden? Please, someone describe this fully. What I get is it stops people from recruiting more, which isn't true-- There are absolutely NO caps on the amount of people with a magic. It's all self-imposed, and most of the time silly af.

Because it takes away the exclusiveness of the magic if it's flooded to begin with hence why it's guild locked unlike common mage magic. There is not a HARD cap but there is a cap on what people FEEL is enough. People want their magic to be exclusive, while there are issues with that which is another topic it is very much a legit concern. 

So yes..it does stop groups from recruiting when you got inactive people cause all of a sudden if they come back you got more than the desired amount of members.

6 minutes ago, Freya  said:

I don't see how having your magic gimped removes any executive power you might have unless you have a really badly organized guild.

Honestly seems like busywork for the sake of busywork and more needless complication. If people come back from a year long hiatus and wave their magical wang around they're the problem not the system. Guilds don't have a zero-sum on slots, after all.

Who revolves their whole hierarchy around magical tiers that don't even exist anyways?

It's more of OOC power than IC power. If someone has been gone for 24 IC years (6 months), then comes back, your character probably wouldn't care much about their IC views because so much time has passed and so many changes have been made. Yet when the player comes back, he has friends (only been 6 months IRL, and he probably stayed in touch with some), and might even bring a few other players with him (like you came back with Ever), which would have no idea how the guild is or what they are doing. If they had high ranks in the guild before, lost them due to innactivity, and then come back and can't have them back because their spot has been filled by another, they will just head out and create something new. Not because of RP, not because of IC views, not because of how the guild works, but because "I don't have power anymore."

Though in the end, I don't really aren't in favor or against it, I see problems and advantages to this, and I saw no one mention this advantage, so I did. The problems many people have said.

19 minutes ago, Jistuma said:

It's more of OOC power than IC power. If someone has been gone for 24 IC years (6 months), then comes back, your character probably wouldn't care much about their IC views because so much time has passed and so many changes have been made. Yet when the player comes back, he has friends (only been 6 months IRL, and he probably stayed in touch with some), and might even bring a few other players with him (like you came back with Ever), which would have no idea how the guild is or what they are doing. If they had high ranks in the guild before, lost them due to innactivity, and then come back and can't have them back because their spot has been filled by another, they will just head out and create something new. Not because of RP, not because of IC views, not because of how the guild works, but because "I don't have power anymore."

Though in the end, I don't really aren't in favor or against it, I see problems and advantages to this, and I saw no one mention this advantage, so I did. The problems many people have said.

How's this an advantage though? People will schism over OOC issues whether we have this system or not, and a contrived scenario hardly proves anything. If anything this simply makes it harder for people to reintegrate because their magic is inexplicably gimped without much reason why. A much better solution, would be to make players gimp themselves (Gasp! Players being held accountable!). Guild rules should state that inactivity means the leaders can excommunicate or at least mothball your magical powers until you become active again. Either that or players should willingly mothball themselves until later. Having it defined at a guild-level is much better than admins applying it an entire branch of groups that are only loosely connected.