[✗] [Creature] The Hemelytra

Wolf Druid Ouity

This is actually pretty neat. The Mori and Kha didn't make all that much headway in appealing to other groups in such a broad manner. The idea of these Harpy like bird people is really something else. Good job, Ouity. You really out did yourself this time

I'm pretty sure the LMs aren't accepted new races (as seen from the fish people lore), but good luck! This is one of the few new race proposals that I actually like. +1

This would be a cool addition to the other races, though wouldn't it make an Elytra a not so special reward? 

Either way, it's a +1 for me cause they're freakin' bird people. What's better than that?

I'm skeptical as to whether this has any chance of being implemented, due to the LT auto-rejecting any "creatures" that may be branded as a "New race". The work itself is great however, I do hope they make an exception in giving these a chance. +1.

kiwi-o.gif   We Lotc'ers are but kiwis with a dream....
                                                                                                                                                                                    let's make that dream a reality! 

I'd make an app to play one if they were accepted. They seem really good and actually add something different the the server.

Ouity made the executive action to omit my favorite concept art for the race from the post after we'd written it, so I've decided to post it in a reply.

latest?cb=20140415133633

In all seriousness however, the lore speaks for itself. An outgoing race that seeks RP in other RP hubs distributes RP to all groups of RP'ers, and their unique racial benefits will always attract RP'ers, whilst their PvP debuffs will prevent them from becoming a PvP nuisance. Would make an excellent creature addition.

By introducing this and the aquatic race submitted you are able to define/clarify this next map right off the start, giving something immediately new to pair with a new surrounding. Every map change is similar. Races scramble to flee, flee, fight to new place, start all over again. Adding completely new player driven aspects, even using features previously blacklisted, adds more than you'd think to this old game. It would act as an expansion pack beyond and beyond! The best way to show your appreciation to the playerbase! 

Also I want to point out that a race that is really meant for the map their introduce in would be a good idea. Meaning that because they really don't follow the rest of playerbase to the different world and islands. I mean I guess this could happen as long as interest them was still high. And if they do follow us to different maps, as soon as they start dwindling in numbers(Only like 5 people actually play them), lock the race. Once the last of them die, they are extinct and that race is no longer a optional race. 

That way we don't end up another propose race that after some time basically dies out(Kinda like the Kha now, only see maybe 2-3 people who actively play them).

Sounds harsh(To me at least) but, it is a good idea that again- doesn't allow for a "new race" to linger around with lack of interests. Really only for the "new races" though. I doubt people want to see the possible core races(Core to the server lore) dying off.

I'm sorry to say that this lore has been Denied.

Please pm a member of the LMs if you want more details on the reasons of denial.

This Lore has been denied. Topic moved to Denied Lore forum.