[Shelved]Clericalism: The Divine Warden

Pandan

Clericalism: The Divine Warden

Justice & Purity through Water & Flame.

Tahariae’s clerics were always one of the cycles within the realm. Their numbers would rise and fall like clockwork; orders forming and scattering. At times it would seem that the light of purity had a strong presence, the tales of grand healings and evil being vanquished. Then nothing, the light of Tahariae hardly being seen with the clerics scattered and unorganised until another prophet was found. Tahariae watched this happen for centuries to great dismay.

Purity must be a constant of the realm and the clerics need to be there to defend it. A scattered force paled in comparison to the taint that spread through the realm. The Itharel had been returned to their mortal forms and the light flickered in the darkness. The clerics of the past forgeten and their deeds undone. Their work yielded no lasting purity, it merely delayed the inevitable. Tahariae watched this happen and was saddened.

With each cleric lost Tahariae’s connection to the descendants realm grew weaker; the aenguls all seeing vision growing clouded. How could one protect a world which they could not see?

Tahariae sought to cast a new light into this darkness. To create a beacon to it’s children and call them home. They should not dwell cowering from the corruption, they should be able to reclaim that which has been stolen. The flames of purity ought burn within the realm as bright as the morning sun. Tahariae shall tether itself to more than it’s followers; the stag shall ingrain it’s light into the very realm itself.

Tahariae calls to the elder clerics

“Return to me. Bathe within my light once more and forge it into your land. Stare into the sun and know that I shall stand with you in the darkness. Wherever you find it’s radiance you can find me.

“Push back the darkness and create refuge within the realm. The light of your realm can fuel the waves of purity. Through water and fire the realm can be cleansed.

Together my children we can begin our reclamation”

Method

Divine Wardenism is based around the concept of imbuing the light of the sun with the power of Tahariae. Unlike typical clericalism the light cannot be manifested through a living soul due to its considerably more extensive power, even trying to pull forth that degree of power through a mortal vessel would surely do considerably more harm than good. Instead Tahariae relies upon the radiance of the sun, combining his own power with its beaming light to bless either water or flame into certain states. Unfortunately this comes at the cost for outside the reign of the sun, as the moon rises and casts its dreaded shadow his power too comes to fade. Thus, without a light-well present any blessings will fade.

947c8211f715fafd5c676fc7a5379e0d.jpg

Wardens take upon a much more ritual based methodology; requiring the use of either the water or flame within context of the demanded effect. In order to undergo the ritual, several conditions must be met;

Firstly an adequately skilled warden must be within the presence of either flame or stream as they are the catalysts for creation. However the remaining power required for the various spells may be fulfilled by another of Tahariae’s blessed; either a priest for the waters, or a war-cleric for the flames.

After such a prayer is spoken, its content down to the warden par the first line.

“I, divine warden.”

The remaining length is dependent upon the skill requirement. A low skilled ability would merely take a single sentence, whereas the higher skilled would require a multitude. A downside to intertwining light and Tahariae’s power is the power becomes significantly less direct, thus more powerful capabilities require greater time to bring to fruition.

If all is done correctly the source shall take upon a golden edge, indicating it has taken upon the properties of the blessing. Depending on the spell within question the prayer may continue, or the effect has already come to manifest itself.

c1e357d1310f3d69f1db0484e49e2792.jpg

Example Prayer

“I, divine warden. Ask the lord of light to bless upon the flames before me with his authority, power and radiance. With his flames I shall carry out his wishes, casting aside the impurities of our realm and bringing forth justice to the darkest of corners.”

The flame becomes illuminated by a golden light, the gathered three clerics continued to imbue their power into the words of Galan. The object inside continuing to resist the heat of the flame.

“With his blessing we cast aside the twisted, dark and vindictive nature of the object before us. Its taint upon the world is a feared and dangerous item, to cleanse it is our role, for we serve the lord of light.”

A roar erupts from the flame; it's dancing, golden strands of light grasping ahold of the object within an almost blind sense of fury. Within the twisted object screeches out of pure resistance as its very substance becomes little but ash.

Light-Well

The light-well is a construct used alongside divine wardens in order to enable their capability outside of the sun's embrace. However, unfortunately, this well is unable to be moved, stagnant in location and only formed when two divine wardens come together.

?format=1000w

Its formation is a tricky process and one that develops over time. The two wardens come together, stating their prayer and blessing either a pool of water or flickering flame which is exposed to the radiance of the sun. Upon such it will immediately take upon a similar golden glaze, however, early formation leaves it within a weak and unempowered state. It must be left to strengthen itself over time, the longer it is left the stronger it may become.

Corruption

Light-wells can be corrupted through the various dark magic. In response, they become harmful for any cleric that nears them unless cleansed, which in the case of minor wells is an easy task. However those that I've sat for years within gathering power can become so twisted and dark, even nearing them is a life-draining task. Thus they should be protected by those that rely on them.

Spells

The Waters

Restoration and purity; the waters flow imbued with Tahariae’s light as they flood the realm with his power.

Blessed Waters

One Cleric; low skill.

Waters bathing within sunlight become blessed with a constant glimmer; those who submerge themselves within eased of pain and mended of small wounds.

Lights Remedy

Two Clerics; medium skill.

Waters of a single use, seeping deeper than wounds of the flesh and attempting to wreck havoc upon any corruption harboured deep within one's self.

Flowing Atonement

Two Clerics; high skill.

Within the presence of the waters the healing capability of a priest is enhanced drastically, wounds become healed quicker and under less strain. (( 20x20 around the isolated pool )).

Scorched Lands

Three Clerics; high skill.

Within lands of highly twisted and cursed nature; the gathered may imbue reservoirs with luminance causing light to rain from the skies. A powerful means of cleansing the land of impurities.

Radiant Communion

Five Clerics; high skill.

As several come together, combining their strength into a body of water exposed to direct sunlight, they try to communicate with their lord of light, Tahariae. (( Requires explicit staff approval. ))

The Flames

Destruction and justice; wrecking havoc to those that defy Tahariae’s will by endowing them within his golden flames.

Faiths Weapon

One Cleric; low skill.

An edge of a weapon is left in the heat of a flickering, golden flame. For the remaining hours of the day it’ll be lit within the flames of Tahariae, cutting through the twisted and cursed with ease.

Protections Blaze

Two Clerics; medium skill.

Used to form a protective aura surrounding a small fire pit, maintaining itself until the sun comes to fall or the nearing light-well running dry. (( 10 block radius surrounding the fire-pit )).

Burning Entrapment

Two Clerics; high skill.

Taking use over an unusual circle of fire; the flames blocking any entry in or out of its centre. With this any figure may be locked within, the unholy and cursed becoming harmed should they defy their cages will. (( Does not negate 30 minute prison rule, may be presumed either the sun went down or sunwell became cut off. ))

Flames Desolation

Three Clerics; high skill.

An object of twisted significance and power is placed within the golden flames and after the rituals completion, a blinding column of light shatters the skies, striking down and pulverising the item within judgement.

Stags Reign

Five Clerics; high skill.

A roaring bonfire becomes enlightened within a golden glare; from its dancing flames emerges a white stag entirely constructed by light itself. The illuminating figure aiding the clerical kin within the battle they face.

Red-Lines

- Blessings cannot exist outside of the radiance of the sun, or the presence of the lightwell. Should either of these fail to exist than the spell shall not be formed or will dissipate

- Each spell requires a specifically trained divine warden however the remaining clerical need may be fulfilled by either priest (waters) or war-cleric (flames).

- Light-wells have limited capacity and require extended periods of time to grow within strength; during the early stages unless tended to regularly and exposed to natural light they may all but fade with time. Corruption from dark magic may also lead to even the strongest of sources expelling a twisted light, causing them to falter.

- Adequate time to prepare spells should be given. Low-skill blessings may be summoned with considerable ease, however, higher skilled require several lines of prayer and preparation.

OOC Note:

This lore was written to act as a new strand of clericalism alongside the current; war-clerics & priest-healing. We felt that with the strong re-introduction of ascended and the previously returned Xan magic clericalism almost fell short of both, bringing nothing unique to the table. However with this we hope to do that, offering something slightly different than your run-of-the-mill light conjuring. We also hope it’ll enable clerics to come together once more alongside offering more capacity for dark vs. light conflict (the tainting of sacred light wells). Please leave any feedback below.

Written By:

Pandann

Hosper

Change Log:

22/07/2016:- 

Lore Posted.

22/07/2016:- 

Added: 

Flowing Atonement
Two Clerics; high skill.
Within the presence of the waters the healing capability of a priest is enhanced drastically, wounds become healed quicker and under less strain. (( 20x20 around the isolated pool )).

Burning Entrapment
Two Clerics; high skill.
Taking use over an unusual circle of fire; the flames blocked any entry in or out of its centre. With this any figure may be locked within, the unholy and cursed becoming harmed should they defy their cages will. (( Does not negate 30 minute prison rule, may be presumed either the sun went down or sunwell became cut off. ))

nice to read and neat idea

I rarely like holy magic posts, but this is an exception. I'm actually very amazed at what's contained in this post, a hearty +1 from me. 

I dunno if I missed it but what happens if a non-cleric gets a hold of one of these weapons, do they still work or do you need to be a cleric to use them?

34 minutes ago, Adam_barnett said:

I dunno if I missed it but what happens if a non-cleric gets a hold of one of these weapons, do they still work or do you need to be a cleric to use them?

If you refer to the 'faiths weapon', anyone can wield it. However it'll only last the day. Its like a temp-buff. 

starting to regret joining with tristin................. this is COOL +1

What counts as an 'elder cleric'?

How does an 'elder cleric' learn the ways of wardenism?

While the spells do look cool, I don't really see much of an RP setting there some of the larger ones could ever be used. I often(never truly) see a battle where Five clerics can play ring around the rosey with a bonfire, remain undisturbed, allowed to sing Koombiah, and unleash such a spell.