[✗] Mass Lore Proposal (Indigenous to Axios)

_Jandy_

~Animals~

---------------------------------------------------------

-Narffleopoklis

latest

latest

The Narffleopoklis is the apex predator of the tundra. It is a tremendous beast that should not be confronted alone. The beast is a mammal that is acclimated to the harshest freezing climates. It has a thick pelt, some areas covered with fur, its underbelly is very vulnerable though and soft. A Narffleopoklis female raises it’s cubs in a cave or den that they live in. The creature is well known for living in high altitudes so that it can use it’s leathery webs that connect from its elbow to its side. The webbing is thin yet tough leather that allows the beast to leap from high heights without being injured. Narffleopoklis males on the other hand hunt in packs throughout the tundra and often howl at night to try and attract females out of their dens so the alpha of the pack may mate with them. Once a pair mate the pack will generally stay in a close vicinity of the female’s den so that they can feed the cubs that will eventually come. Narffleopoklis females tend to have up to 3 or 4 cubs at a time but prioritize feeding the female children over the males. A pack will be very territorial over a female’s den but the den will be most vulnerable when the males leave to hunt.

(Named this because a very lost halfling who roamed very far into the North with a few of his friends was the first find and survivor of the creature. His friends had a rather poor hunting trip to say the least.)

-Skrumpluk

IMG_9625.JPG

This beast is found strictly in deserts and has a nigh impenetrable hide. It can roll into a wheel shape for protection but then cannot move. This creature has several rows of teeth and very poor eyesight in the dark. This creature’s hide is very scaly and the color of sand. The beast can be 4 feet long and 3 feet tall with a lengthy tail with a spike at the end which is very heavy. Occasionally the monster will go into tantrum and flail it’s tail about which can be very dangerous for any people around it. Skrumpluk’s tend to travel in herds and never stay at anyplace too long, typically they scour for insects at night to eat but if an animal gets too close they may become a quick meal.

~Plants~

-Cerridwen’s Charm

96caef6c519fd79eee46b788499b2597.jpg

This tree is often found in deep in healthily forested areas and grows to be up to 60 feet tall and has an abundance of sap which draws many insects to it, but the tree is less known for its sap or insects but rather for the high amounts of birds which flock and nest or visit the tree for its insects which provide an easily accessible amount of food. The food is so abundant that the birds often aren’t even territorial about the tree.

(Named this because a Druid was strongly called to this place because of how much nature was concentrated in one place so they named the tree after their Dietical Mother.)

-Cerridwen’s Cuse

Japanese_Wisteria6.jpg

This is an invasive plant that tends to hang from trees and continue to grow to incredibly long lengths but the vines will snap towards creatures that move too sporadically and on an off chance, very seldomly, the vine will wrap around the creature or one of its appendages and quickly coil which pulls the creature to the beginning of the vine. Sometimes the plant will end up dislocating joints, breaking bones or sometimes even hanging a creature.

(Named this because a stray hiking group of Druids was the first to have one of their own fall victim to the tree. They named it in direct correlation to ‘Cerridwen’s Charm’ which they were just on their way to discover when their friend was grabbed.)

-Arugula’s Omen

flower-tentacle-angelika-kimmig.jpg

The plant is very pretty and grows near bodies of fresh water. The plant is remarkable because its spindles will slowly wagg back and forth when the plant is in the sun and well hydrated. The petals of the plant come in various colors (lighter the color for the dryer the soil it blossomed upon, darker for moister soil).

(Named this because it was first found by a halfling along the coast of Ceru)

-Akezo’s Mercy

Gumbo_Limbo_Tree_DeSoto_National_Monument.JPG

Sonnenbrandbaum2.jpg

The tree grows in very warm climate areas, specifically places that see plenty of rainfall. The tree typically grows to be about 18 feet tall and would take up a large amount of land because of how the branches tend to spread out over a wide area. The remarkable feature of this tree is that it’s bark is very thin and peels off easily (without damaging the tree which has several layers of bark at a time) and the bark makes a great pain medication. The bark can either be laid directly on the tongue or it can be made into a tea. The pain repressing effects will be very powerful but the senses will be very overwhelmed for the first hour after it wears off. A handful of the bark will dull your sense of touch for a day, a pinch of the bark will dull it for a half hour.

(Named this because it is often used by orcs after battle or training or attacks, so it was named after their spirit of health, vitality and healing.)

-Kutuhith

055762be758db0fb39d441ed476037d3.jpg

This common plant is found along the sides of roads all around Axios but what many people don’t know it that when this plant is ground up into a powder and that powder is mixed with water, the paste that is made can make any wool fabric it is applied onto flame retardant. This plant does die in the winter, which may be when it is needed most, so many alchemists and tailors tend to hoard the weed.

-Menkabkan

Lambs-ear-Stachys-byzantina.jpg

A plant that is found in humid jungles at the bottom of ditches. The remarkable part of this plant happens when it is wet and laid, on it’s bottom side, upon flesh. The leaf will release a toxin into the skin that damages the nerves that control the muscles where the leaf was laid. After removal of the leaf the skin will look unchanged, but when the top side of the leaf is laid on the same part of the skin the muscles will contract to a strenuous point where sharp shooting pains will shoot through the contaminated muscles. The only cure to the contamination is time. The toxin will work it’s way out of a creature's system in about 48 hours since application.

-Fuenolis

88df8609ffc1cec57cc8c9b646000a21.jpg

The plant is highly toxic and is indigenous to the jungles of Axios. The plant, although visually appealing, it’s toxins will send people into dangerous fevers, create symptoms of drowsiness or fatigue and sometimes the toxin will even bind to the iron in our blood cells and choke them off, removing their ability to transfer oxygen throughout the body. The plant would taste very spicy which is what most people would guess by just looking at the plant.

- Miloptris

Glowmushroom2.png

Found deep in forests all around Axios, typically found on fallen trees or near places of Druidic Blessings these colorful mushrooms will glow brightly in the dark. This bio-luminescent plant is completely safe to ingest and comes in an unfathomable range of colors. When crushed or sometimes even chewed the colorful juices will squirt all over leaving a bright stain wherever it touches which is often known to stain the teeth of animals who live in the woods or sometimes used to accent a valuable painting. These mushrooms aren’t particularly common but they do grow in large patches.

(Named this because a Druid was the first to name and document the plant, so they named it after their very own Druid Milo Herbwallow.)

+1 I really like this idea.

+1 but will any of the plants be actually implemented and be used in alchemy? #Alchemist4Life

+1 but I don't particularly like the creature names. They sound too made up.

Just now, 2samspan said:

+1 but I don't particularly like the creature names. They sound too...made up, I guess?

Well for the first one I went with what a halfling would name it. The second one I was kinda stumped on.

Just now, 2samspan said:

+1 but I don't particularly like the creature names. They sound too made up.

-its a minecraft fantasy roleplay server what do you expect.-

Just now, Kvasir said:

-its a minecraft fantasy roleplay server what do you expect.-

Fair enough, but names should sound like something that could be feasibly come up with in a language. I think the first one is fine, because it's given a reason for its name. The other one I think might need some more thought. I'll admit, though, that I can't come up with any better names right now, so sorry for criticizing and being unable to give any alternatives.

My boy Andy at it again, great ideas man. Names could use work but I love the ideas! +1

yes, oh my god yes! +1

It's nice to have some simple lore which adds depth to RP +1

The second beast reminds me of the shaelmaar off witches 3, I presume that inspired you to make the beast?