[✗] [Clarification/Addition] Augur Clarifications, and new Variants!

Quavinir_Twiceborn

Augur Clarifications and Additions

Spoiler

Clarifications:

For the point of clarifying both the abilities of augurs for the general public, and how augurs themselves work.

Augurs and Swimming:

Augurs cannot float over water, and nor can they survive under water for long, as they appear to need oxygen to breathe and subsist. As such, augurs must swim. They do so via moving quite literally like a mermaid, moving the the area that would be their legs vertically up and down, and moving their arms however suitable.

Defining the Augur's body:

The body of an augur is composed of a glowing, liquid like substance, unable to conduct electricity, but likewise not flammable The substance is unharmed by most weapons, as most will pas through it, save for gold, which cuts and tears bits out of it. A normal sword that strikes the glowing liquid, not hitting any of the metal plates, would pass through nearly harmlessly, possibly causing the augur pain, yet not harming it. A golden sword on the other hand would tear through, and separate the liquid, from itself, and tearing bits away.

This liquid substance is created from the physical body of the descendant, being changed by Yeu Rthulu and quite literally liquefied. Certain portions of this glowing liquid descendant body are compressed, and become the metal like plates that hold the augur together. These plates despite their appearance, are the weak part of the augur. Given that these both are 100% corporeal, and fully solid, weak as gold, or another soft metal, AND are the driving skeletal force for the augur, such can be struck, broken, and cause the death of an augur.  The head of the augur is where this substance is most dense, so harming the head of an augur a great deal will cause it’s death.

To visualize how the plates work, imagine a waterbucket. The liquid body substance of the augur is the water inside, and the metal plates are the bucket, and the head of an augur the bottom of the bucket.. If there’re enough holes in the bucket, the bucket will fully drain out. Yet if a hole is made in the bottom of the bucket, the bucket cannot hold anything, and drain out either very quickly, or immediately.

Limits of an Augur:

An augur is able to lose a few of the plates that keep it’s body together, and survive, through any significant damage to the head will immediately kill an augur. An augur could lose a chunck of it’s shoulder plating and have it’s hands/side crushed in a, and survive (though with significant pain, and injuries upon returning to augur form.), yet an arrow to the head of an augur will immediately kill one.

Likewise, Augurs can only be as strong as the descendant that it transforms from. A halfling augur would still be as strong as a halfling, yet an olog augur would be a ridiculous force. (LETS HOPE THAT DOESNT HAPPEN.)

Augurs, and Floating.

Augurs, due to not having legs, float wherever they go. This for the augur feels natural, and permits a great deal of freedom of movement. And augur is able to lay down horizontally, yet still float a few feet in the air. An augur is at max able to float a yard in the air, and jump possibly a few feet higher than that.

An augur cannot float atop anything not a solid substance, or that is unstable, such as branches that’d standardly collapse under the weight of a man. As such, augurs cannot float over hazards. They make be able to jump over them, just as any normal person could, but they cannot float over such.

Addition, Augur Variants!:

The addition of two more specialized form for augurs to use. Allowing for more specialization, and customization for the players of augurs.

An augur variant is acquired both through a more specialized prayer to Yeu Rthulu, and an understanding of how augurs themselves function.

The ability to transform into a variant is something learned over time and the longer one is an augur, the more proficient they;d be in transforming into one of the variants.

Transforming into an augur variant is identical to changing into a standard augur, save, with simply the intent of turning into one of the variants instead of turning into one of the standard augurs.

(NOTE: These would not require an additional persona. Basically, its jts a skin change, a description change, and a bit of change of the roleplay style. Augur variants still adhere to all the red lines or standard augurs, unless specified otherwise (Fleshed augur able to use void magic, while in augur form.)

Augur Variant: Fleshed Augur.

gaFudPJ.png

(Drawn by Dwyn!)

The fleshed augur is the most humanoid form one channelling Yeu’s Rthulu can manage. The fleshed augur experiences both the best, and worst of both worlds of both augur, and descendant form.

The fleshed augur is a transformation that doesnt fully transform the descendant. This transformation causes only a portion of the descendant’s body to be converted, the rest remaining flesh. They’re the only form of augur with legs, being able to both walk, and float whenver they please. Glowing eyes, many times more than two, appearing on it's face. Places like the head, forearms, and forelegs (and other such areas) are usually the only areas to be converted, with the golden metal like plates forming their head hands and feet. If struck in the flesh, the flesh will bleed, if struck in the plates, the liquidy augur substance will seep out. If the augur dies it will disappear in a flash of smoke and light, like standard augurs.

Given the predominant amount of flesh in this form, fleshed augurs are able to use void magic, given they know how to in their descendant form. Being both able to float as they please, and use void magic, this variant is equal parts awe inspiring, and intimidating.

RED LINES

-Follows all the red lines about standard augurs, save for being unable to use magic.

-Bears no visible augur glowy bits able to semi-corporeal (Thre may be a few glowy bits here and there, but bear no functionality, simply for aesthetic.), hence, every part of this augur’s body is vulnerable, making it the weakest variant.

-To change into any variant, an augur cant change from the form of the standard, or variant augur. They must be descendant to change variant.

Augur Variant: Solidified Augur:

Jade_Construct.jpg

The polar opposite to the fleshed augur, the solidified augur is a variant whose entire body has been condensed into the metal plates, becoming a somewhat imposing looking creature, lacking any of the glowing liquidy substance, and simply appearing as a mass of metal like stones and plates. The strongest form of augur, this form unfortunately lacks any of the dexterity of it’s cousins have, its hands, when solidified, becoming hardened, and wide, with thick fingers, with a low range of motion, hence, they cannot hold a sword, an axe, or any weapon. (Though they’re able to hold large things, and a bag probably.). Likewise, both the augur’s perception of the world around it, and it’d ability to speak has been hindered. Solidified augur’s are close to mute, only able to make loud, churning sounds deep from within their body, though able to gesture, and hear well, the memory formed while in this form are fuzzy to the descendant when returning to their previous form. Anything done in this form will feel as a dream to the descendant, a lucid one perhaps, but they will have no recollection of having control of any of their actions.

The plates that make up this variant’s form are thick. Thick and hard, to the point that the only means of hurting these augurs are either to destroy the plates with large, heavy, blunt weapons or pickaxes, or to physically tear the augur’s plates out of them. The head (now instead of appearing as a mask or helmet, now a  mass of metal/rock with glowing eyes,many times more than 2, bored into them.) still being the weakest part of this augur, is the most easilly thrown out of whack with the rest of the body, and most easilly harmed/most harmed by bludgeoning.

Due to how dense the augur’s body has made itself, this augur is rather difficult to damage, though, this augur likewise bears a few behavioural differences. The largest, being its pacifistic nature being turned up to it’s highest degree, even if the descendant it transformed from would otherwise be willing to fight. It will physically not engage in combat unless it itself has been damaged. Not with the possibility to be damaged, not threatened to be damaged, but actually damaged. And even than, this variant no matter what would seek to flee from the conflict, only lashing out if completely cornered, or already damaged and assured that fighting would be the only way out of their own demise. Though, there is but one exception.

If an augur of any variant were to tell this to take up arms and defend someone, the solidified augur would have the choice to act in defense for the person signified by the other augur, creating a unique hierarchy between augurs. The solidified augur requires an enabler, a fellow augur, to be able to take part in standard conflict.

These creatures bear a great strength, and its i the singular form able to be stronger than the descendant their normal bodies. Capable of lifting and carrying at max 2 times more than their original strength. They're stalwart and strong, capable of moving masses and digging ditches with just simply their own two hands. This makes these creatures excellent for tasks of strength, though not as dexterous, but certainly more mentally capable than a golem, this form can be invaluable for many jobs.

Interestingly enough, these variants are the most emotional, though still unangering. Though unable to communicate through words, their rumbles and gestures communicate a great deal of feeling. With almost a heightened sense of emotional empathy. An irony, an unemotive untalking creature able to feel the emotions of others to a greater extent. It may be that is why they're by nature more peaceful, or why they're made unable to remember such perfectly, as to not have the weight of the grief and pain of all they see and interact with.

Red Lines:

-Follows all the same red lines as standard, save for the one about strength

-Cannot talk.

-Cannot use traditional tools and weapons.

-Memory of activities while in this form to the descendant are janky.

-Will not fight unless it is literally it's last resort, or ordered to by another augur.

-To change into any variant, an augur cant change from the form of the standard, or variant augur. They must be descendant to change variant.

Thanks for reading! An hopefully at least one of the sections can get approved.

Seems like a clump of cool additions.

It's all aesthetic, which is fine with me, asides from the fact Augurs have no meaningful purpose but to hand out bred at the CT docks. I'd like to see some healing or something added that makes what they do more meaningful, because right now it just feels like they do absolutely nothing. 

Just now, Gorget said:

It's all aesthetic, which is fine with me, asides from the fact Augurs have no meaningful purpose but to hand out bred at the CT docks. I'd like to see some healing or something added that makes what they do more meaningful, because right now it just feels like they do absolutely nothing. 

Rthulu healing was supposed to've been submitted a bit ago with the newer cleric lore, yet sadly the maker of said lore has been super busy IRL, so the stuff has been sitting in the roleplay ideas forum as a WIP for ages...

;-;

Just now, Quavinir_Twiceborn said:

Rthulu healing was supposed to've been submitted a bit ago with the newer cleric lore, yet sadly the maker of said lore has been super busy IRL, so the stuff has been sitting in the roleplay ideas forum as a WIP for ages...

;-;

Accept my Skype request, I'll help you write it then. 

Spoiler

all_aboard_the_hype_train___by_rainbowth

Well, the Augurs have already proven their worth, and the changes - more so a pile of explainations - aren't groundbreaking. For what my opinion's worth, I'd dare say, give that man some pats on the head and approve his work.

I'm applying for an Olog Augur again rn +11111

1+ Sounds really nice, it certainly adds more deep augurs which they very much need. As mentioned before, I'd love to see healing implemented as well.

Has my support. +1 Although I certainly agree with aerial, they need some sort of healing or something. They have no true purpose, it seems. Excited to see sort of healing coming along!

On 02/08/2016 at 4:22 PM, Gorget said:

I remember that once an augur went to the orcs to try to rescue someone as he sided with the high elves.

I challenged him on PvP for the lives of all the high elves behind him on a 1v1, I won, took all of their lives, killed the augur in roleplay and pvp. It was fun. I still have the augur's head.

Wonderful. All this sounds great, as now their is even more variation of Augurs and it makes it far more interesting. I enjoy how augurs are meant to be more of a spiritual type creature, but also with a lot of customization available. These creatures aren't restrictive, and it makes them more meaningful and appealing to play. +1

On 8/4/2016 at 0:33 PM, Quavinir_Twiceborn said:

Augurs disappear when they die...

Were they in their descendant form?

you quoted the wrong guy!

+1 I like it! I thought the variants were interesting enough!