Druidism Explained

Sky

Druidism, what is it and where does it come from? Well, it’s classed as a deity magic, as the magic itself originates indirectly from a trio of deities, known as the Aspects. The Aspects are, Cerridwen, Cernunnos, and Nemiisae, each being individual representations of differing parts of nature, and have been known to be changed around within differing in character beliefs. Now the Aspects themselves would be technically considered ‘Lesser Aenguls’ but not in the sense that they aren’t true Aenguldaemons, more so in the sense that the natural energy-pool (energy, read as mana) size for a regular Aengul, is instead split up among the three and making each theoretically holding the power of a third of another Aengul on their own, but is balanced by the three keeping close ties with one another. Like other Aengul’s, the Aspects too have a general task that they follow through using whatever they can and their task, to put simply, is the preservation and protection of the natural plain, including all natural life within it.

Unlike some other deities, the Aspects have a severe dislike for the void as it’s classed as the most unnatural thing to their perspective, and due to this they choose wholly to rely upon their own pool of natural energy to fulfil their task. Unfortunately, due to the size of their pool, it would of been a very slow process for the Aspects to endure, however they continued to persevere and through such, showed great dedication to their task at hand. Due to this, Nature and the Aspects, formed an unbreakable bond with each other and for the greater good, did all of nature agree to pool their own natural energy for the Aspects to tap into as to fulfil their task at a more easier, albeit still difficult, pace.

Now once someone is attuned, they are having their own natural energy pool connected to that of Nature, thus explaining how they immediately are bombarded with the voices of it all, as this would be the most personal connection one could form with another. From this, it also explains how communing is neither simply talking to an animal, or a plantation, but something much more intense, and also explains their ability at a more experienced level to be able to control various natural things. However, that explaining both communion and control, it doesn’t entirely explain how nature’s healing, nor blight healing. With them two, instead of simply drawing from the pool that Nature is assisting with, the druid in question is pushing past that, and connecting directly into the Aspects personal energy flow, thus explaining how it’s such a difference from simply communicating with nature, to being able to manipulating the differing elements of plantation. Shapeshifting, in a sense, is completely disconnected from this whole ordeal as it’s surrounded by a ritual, rather than just the connection of a druid.

This entire thing, would explain many things about the druids, that otherwise simple existed without reason. For one, the Aspect Stones, instead of the Aspects creating them for no intent purpose other than, more power. This would give them the idea that the Aspects were aware of their limited pool, but also knowing that overtime it regenerates back into their being, thus creating these for the druids to be able to tap into, if the need arises. Another, would be the Faerie Rings, where the area is simply a place where the energy-pool is at it’s thickest and seeping through for those to experience how it would feel if connected, because at that moment they are in a sense.

The following is a professional drawing of what I am getting across;

BQrvxR0.png

10/10 Drawing Skills. 

I like it though. <3

I'll make a post later on, responding in detail to the lore submission. 

Here we go.

5 hours ago, Sky said:

Now the Aspects themselves would be technically considered ‘Lesser Aenguls’ but not in the sense that they aren’t true Aenguldaemons, more so in the sense that the natural energy-pool (energy, read as mana) size for a regular Aengul, is instead split up among the three and making each theoretically holding the power of a third of another Aengul on their own, but is balanced by the three keeping close ties with one another

To start of I would like to remark that the Aspects are in no way 'Lesser Aenguls'. Actually, in the Aengudaemon hierarchy they are just below Iblees and Aeriel, who are below Gazardiel.. So basically, they are like any other Aengudaemon. If we were to adapt to this way of thinking, it would mean that Nemiisae wouldn't have been able to do most of what she did between Aegis and Asulon. (She was a big part of the story line.) 

5 hours ago, Sky said:

the Aspects have a severe dislike for the void as it’s classed as the most unnatural thing to their perspective,

Not just the most unnatural thing to their perspective, But THE unnatural thing. (And yet you see the Order currently allowing Druids to marry and have ties with mages. Funny.)

5 hours ago, Sky said:

Due to this, Nature and the Aspects, formed an unbreakable bond with each other and for the greater good, did all of nature agree to pool their own natural energy for the Aspects to tap into as to fulfil their task at a more easier, albeit still difficult, pace.

Wait what. I would see what you mean with Cernunnos being Cerridwen getting along very very well, Yet Nemiisae was always a little bit off radar.. Anyway that's not the point. Nature, agreed to pool its energy to the aspects? For them to be able to continue doing what they do? Seriously, According to our beliefs Nature was created by the aspects, Each aspect having its own department and specialties. Why the nether would the aspects (Aengudaemons) need nature to be able to continue to create nature? Seems illogical to me.

5 hours ago, Sky said:

Now once someone is attuned, they are having their own natural energy pool connected to that of Nature, thus explaining how they immediately are bombarded with the voices of it all, as this would be the most personal connection one could form with another.

Actually, when someone is attuned, they are connected to the aspects, not to some kind of Natural energy pool. Which I mean would also be very illogical. Considering the fact that nature is basically the physical world and everything within it (Plants, animals.). And yes, beings are too part of nature. So basically, you could say that they are already attuned to this big natural energy pool. 

5 hours ago, Sky said:

However, that explaining both communion and control, it doesn’t entirely explain how nature’s healing, nor blight healing. With them two, instead of simply drawing from the pool that Nature is assisting with, the druid in question is pushing past that, and connecting directly into the Aspects personal energy flow, thus explaining how it’s such a difference from simply communicating with nature, to being able to manipulating the differing elements of plantation.

Communion and Control is still hardly explained. Instead of requesting a blessing from the aspects, you are suggesting we should manipulate the Combined energy pool? 

I would love for us to be able to tap into the Aengudaemon's energy flow, but it is very likely to just kill the Druid.. I mean Mortals and Immortals mixing.. Doesn't seem like a good idea in this case.

5 hours ago, Sky said:

This entire thing, would explain many things about the druids, that otherwise simple existed without reason. For one, the Aspect Stones, instead of the Aspects creating them for no intent purpose other than, more power. This would give them the idea that the Aspects were aware of their limited pool, but also knowing that overtime it regenerates back into their being, thus creating these for the druids to be able to tap into, if the need arises. Another, would be the Faerie Rings, where the area is simply a place where the energy-pool is at it’s thickest and seeping through for those to experience how it would feel if connected, because at that moment they are in a sense.

It actually brings more confusion about than anything. There's perfectly fine lore on the Faerie rings and I have seen some concepts on the Aspect stones, and they seem to manage without this lore submission.

So, to conclude, This piece of lore makes little sense to me, and seems quite unnecessary. We have had a system, that we have been using since the beginning of times, and it works just fine. There's no need to fix what isn't broken.

Agreed with what the dude above me said. This lore piece is a mess and I'm unsure why you would try and make the Aspects something that they are not, when it's already been established that they are regular Aengudaemons with all three having lore done for them already.

im pretty much in the camp of leave it unexplained. as much as it would make everyone's job a little easier if it was set in stone, to me it stifles a lot of possible views and ideas that could be formed IC in pursuit of discovering the mysteries of the aspects. i'd be totally hip to your jive if you wrote about this in IC as your characters views on what druidism is but to make it an ooc lore submission fills me with apprehension.

The Aspects are, Cerridwen, Cernunnos, and Nemiisae

help me ive been triggered and i cant get up

i don't think nature could give consent for this bond

w/e, also hate to burst the bubble, the Aspects are around the same tier as Tahariae, so they're utter **** in the hierarchy. Independently they're all pretty weak, they're only strong when they fall into a conglomerate and work together, which doesn't make them inherently stronger than say, Xan or Tahariae on an independent level.  

I can attest to Gorget's statement.

Post has been done before.

Also,

23 hours ago, Gorget said:

w/e, also hate to burst the bubble, the Aspects are around the same tier as Tahariae, so they're utter **** in the hierarchy. Independently they're all pretty weak, they're only strong when they fall into a conglomerate and work together, which doesn't make them inherently stronger than say, Xan or Tahariae on an independent level.  

The Aspects are a nice example of how weak gems stick together.

640?cb=20160514230802

1 hour ago, Charlie the Guy said:

Post has been done before.

Also,

The Aspects are a nice example of how weak gems stick together.

640?cb=20160514230802

What the ****? This gif doesn't even match the quote. Dude, get up to date on your gif game. Spoil them all.

5 hours ago, Aesopian said:

What the ****? This gif doesn't even match the quote. Dude, get up to date on your gif game. Spoil them all.

The quote is from an episode yesterday, I don't want to spoil cool stuff for everyone my dude. Plus there is an added symbolism through a fusion of three beings.