[✗] Merger Proposal: Farseer & Latauman (With Replacement)

Smaw

11 hours ago, Travista said:

We have a means of teaching players via the spirit realm. This is unnecessary. 

You misunderstand the intention of this post, then.

@Man of respect

Maybe add the aspect of the need ofteamwork?

That's what I'm thinking about implementing, along with some other aspects unique to the Smith.

@hellfiazz

Nein

You argument of having a connection to all realms is considerable, so in the merger they should be disconnected to the Elemental Realm. It serves no utility. 

@Mephistophelian

I'd prefer if Witchdoctors and Farseers were merged instead, as they both use the same spirits and it makes far more sense.

I disagree.

For one thing, having Farseers communicate with Elementals makes very little sense. What boons could they offer within that concept?

Additionally, Witch Doctors dedicate the entirety of their studies to utilising the Spirits in what we can consider a negative way. Both Farseer and Latauman focus their studies on gaining blessings of some kind. If one were to combine Witch Doctor and Farseer, you would have a Shaman that can both bless others, and cause considerable damage to those around him.

If we merge the two I proposed, very little changes in terms of how they approach the Spirits, since they're essentially the same method. If we restrict the merging sub-classes to two active boons, there's no reason to consider them "overpowered".

Smaw, do you believe that having one type of shamanism deal with all three of the spirit types is better than merging two types of shamanism and having them deal with two types of spirits?

Just now, Mephistophelian said:

Smaw, do you believe that having one type of shamanism deal with all three of the spirit types is better than merging two types of shamanism and having them deal with two types of spirits?

With reference to my above post, I believe that the ability to communicate with Elementals should be removed for Farseer. It serves no utility.

+1

He knows what he's ****** doing, and he created what orcs were and meant in Vailor.

he linked my thing, Im happy!

good idea. If denied we have a backup!

Under Review

-Split opinions on the subject of whether a merger would enhance, or detract from RP.

Opinions posted for and against, will be noted in the upcoming discussion. I urge anyone interested to comment below.

No. Will explain once home