Farryn

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/bayonetta/images/6/6b/Halo_SecondSphere.png

Adherents of Tahariae

--={+}=--

Devoted, yet not zealous.

Dutiful, yet not single-minded.

Understanding, yet not controlled.

--={+}=--

On the 12th of The Amber Cold 1571, a small band of the fallen Clerical order, the Curatrix, gathered together in a single place after their arrival in Axios. There, they joined together in arms to bring back the clerical order, but under a new name and title. Long since had the name cleric been tainted with crimes of past clerics and shame, dishonour, and failure. These individuals sought out to change that, they wanted to bring out the true side of the followers of Tahariae, to make His name known across the land, and that purity strides across the lands. They sought out to do what the other past orders failed to do.

With a new realm and most of their past mistakes known, the Adherents of Tahariae was formed and now strive within the lands.

--={+}=--

About us

The Adherents of Tahariae are one of three orders of clerics who serve the Aengul of Purity, Tahariae. Many see clerics as healers, whereas others see them as hunters of the dark, yet their true duty is to ensure purity is kept throughout the realm. How they do this is through healing wounds to stop suffering, and eradicating the darkness within the realm. They protect descendants from the undead and shadows, and ensure their suffering has ended.

The Adherent clerics, like all other clerics of Tahariae, gain their ability to heal wounds and fight through a connection they gain between Tahariae and their soul. This connection allows Tahariae to channel His power to the Adherent, who can use it to their disposal to heal descendants and fight the dark. However, gaining this power comes at a price.The Adherents are strict when it comes to following the rules, known as the Five Tenets and Utterings. Breaking even one of the tenets or utterings can result in disconnection, which is the connection being severed and cut. This process of disconnection is met with extreme and unbearable pain, followed by the after-effects of depression, anxiety, paranoia, and even suicidal thoughts. as breaking on. Hence why becoming part of the clerics is not easy.

Once a cleric, one must offer true devotion and dedication to Tahariae and their duty, even if it means putting family and friends after their duty. The path of the cleric is not advised for those who are willing to put their family above all else.

The path of the cleric is not an easy one.

Offical cleric lore: https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/131260-the-clerics-of-tahariae-final-canonized-lore/

--={+}=--

The Five Tenets and Utterings

The Tenets are the rules that the Adherents follow. They also follow the Utterings as well but the Five Tenets are the main five to follow and obey. At all cost, a cleric must follow the tenets, or else they will face disconnection - the very severing between themselves and Tahariae which has major and serious after effects. Anyone who is unlikely to follow the tenets isn't advised to become a cleric as breaking a tenet or uttering after being connected will result in disconnection.

The tenets are:

>Shelter and protect thy brothers and sisters in Tahariae.<

>Do not stray in thy dedication to Tahariae.<

>Guide and protect the Descendants of the Four against the Impure.<

>Do not spill the blood of the innocent.<

>Do not use Tahariae's blessing for anything other than His will.<

The Utterings are:

Spoiler

I am the Glory of the Rising Sun. I am the Bringer of Light. I am the Lord of Purity and the Archon of Justice. I am the Vehement Lord. I am Tahariae. Witness Me, Ashanaak, My Chosen Prophet. Witness Me.

I, the Divine Stag, He Who Walks in Pure Light, the Great Purge, have merely watched My Servants for too long. You have Divided, and Divided you shall fall. You failed to Understand the Mission I had given to you, and so you have deteriorated into mere wandering healers who know only my Blessed Name. Your mockery of Faith and Piety offends Me, and so I return once more. Witness Me, Ashanaak, My Chosen Prophet. Witness Me.

The Nine Woes

And now, my Chosen Prophet, recite My Sacred Words to thy Brothers and Sisters, or My Blessing shall be torn from their hearts for their Sins:

Woe to those that turn against Me and My Mission, for they must be cast out of thy ranks.

Woe to those who only know Me for My Blessing, and not for My Mission, and do not recognize Me and My Glory in prayer except when My power is needed.

Woe to those who refuse to heal the Innocent, to return to Pure form what has been rendered Impure.

Woe to those who let the Impure, the Beings of Darkness and Evil, and the Descendants who bring harm to the Innocents, walk free when they cross thy path.

Woe to those who do not recognize Me and My Glory, who do not kneel in prayer to glorify Me except when My power is needed.

Woe to those who cause harm to the Innocent, for they are those you are meant to protect.

Woe to those who are sexually immoral, who give themselves outside of the holy bed of marriage, who dirty themselves and thus dirty the Name they represent.

Woe to those who give themselves over to perpetual drunkenness, for they dirty themselves and thus dirty the Name they represent. Such is only acceptable in celebrations and festivities.

Woe to those who steal, cheat, and utter vulgarities, who abuse the Innocent with their tongues and hands.

The Eight Commands

And now, Ashanaak, I give you these Commands, that you may live a Pure life. Recite My Sacred Words to thy Brothers and Sisters, or My Blessing shall be torn from their hearts for their Sins:

Go forth, and spread not just my Light among the Descendants, but My Words and the Truth of My Glory.

Go forth, and become true Clerics among the Descendants: scholars, protectors, and leaders, to guide the Innocent with words, justice, and wisdom.

Go forth, and guard yourself against marriage, for service to Me demands complete and total commitment. If you do marry, do not marry those who serve Darkness and Evil, for in doing so you taint the very nature of holy matrimony.

Go forth, and kneel before Me in maniael: private prayer, gratitude, and submission before My Glory when you awake and before you sleep.

Go forth, and kneel before Me in manaakh: prayer, worship, and submission in fellowship with your Brothers and Sisters in Me once each Elven year.

Go forth, and respect the fallen clerics who I have sent back to you, to listen and follow what they have returned to say. And when their wisdom has been imparted, that you will have the strength and courage to send them back to My Halls.

Go forth, and follow My Chosen Prophet, for they shall be My Light in the darkness of the world for you.

Go forth, and in My Blessed Name, use any means necessary to bring Purity to the Taint and Darkness that has become the world. The realm must return to how it once was, when the Four once ruled in Peace and Taint had not yet manifested. Through the suffering My Mission shall bring you, remember that it is not out of Moral Good that you must do these things, but out of Necessity.

Do all that I have commanded for you to do, and do not do all I have commanded you not to do, and you shall not perish. Nay; once suffering consume you and you leave thy mortal coil, I shall welcome you into My Sacred Halls, to forever be with Me in Purity, to forever be witness to My Sacred Light, forever and ever more.

--={+}=--

Ranks

Prime Adherent

The leader of the order. They oversee the order and makes that everything is going smoothly. They manage over the order as a whole and speaks for the order when something comes up. Their decision is final and they are vital to keeping the order going.

Arch Adherent

The co-leader of the order. They work alongside the leader when it comes to making decisions and can also take place of the Arch Adherent temporarily if needed to. They help ensure the order is running. The Arch Adherent is usually an Adherent that the Prime Adherent trusts greatly.

Mentor Adherent

Adherents that have fully completed their training in war clericalism and/or priest healing. They have spent many years within the order and are capable of connecting and disconnecting students. They are responsible for the future generation of servants for Tahariae

Adherents

The main body of the order. They are those connected to Tahariae and are capable of fulfilling His duty. Some may still be in training, while others are fully trained but do not wish to take the path of the Mentor. They are known for going out and exploring the land, aiding descendants and vanquishing the darkness.

Apprentices

New recruits to the order. They are not connected to Tahariae but are taking the Four Trials of Tahariae in order to learn and become an Adherent. They are taught by a single Mentor and are expected to do well.

Special ranks

Scribe

An Adherent who manages over all the records and pieces of literature for the order. They are charged with writing down history and any key information that may provide to be useful for the order. They manage the library and also do research for the order if anything of importance comes up.

Trial Masters

Adherents who run the Four Trials of Tahariae. They are the Overseers of the Trials and they monitor and test an apprentice after their lessons are done. Trial Masters are there to ensure there are any bias passings or failures. They are typically Mentor Adherents or normal Adherents who have been deemed suitable to oversee the trials.

--={+}=--

Becoming an Adherent

To become a member, just state in here if you are interested, or PM myself, North_, Hardstyleraver2, or anyone you know is an Adherent on either the forums or on the server and we’ll try and set up a RP scenario for you to join our ranks. There's no need for an application as we'll be testing you by your true roleplay skills than how good you are at writing an application and will ask for contact information when we've offically met.

You won’t be accepted immediately and connected on the spot, but rather you will have to go through four trials in order to join this order. These trials will help you understand the different areas a cleric must be experienced in before having to take the trial itself with the new skills you’ve learnt. Also, it is a good way for your characters to learn new skills and improve your roleplay.

However. If you are not keen on religious RP, or you do not like the restrictions being an Adherent or cleric has, or if you don't have a lot of free time then I do not recommend becoming a cleric as this role does require a lot of time, effort, and patience and there are some aspects that may hinder or reduce what your character can do at times. Be warned that if your character does break the tenets or uttering, they will go through disconnection which will greatly affect them Just adding that here now.

Lastly, I do recommend contacting Lynxy, who runs another clerical order himself and need members as well so feel free to PM him if you wish to join his. Each order is different in their own way so if you don't like one order, you are free to try out another order.

OOC Update information

Updated logo

Updated a few areas of text.

This current Guild has been deemed inactive and has hereby been moved. If you wish to appeal this decision you must present evidence to myself proving the guild is still active.