[✗] [Lore] The Hou-Zi

WuHanXianShi14

I thought Azdromoth was the Arch-Drakaar, not a Dragaar.

That said, I'll read through the lore and give my thoughts on this later!

HOU ZI? GONNA OOK EM IN THE DOOKERS

321595.jpg

Sure, I approve, although if the bird people got denied (who occupied a more unique niche so far as 'races' go) then I don't think this stands much chance.

Looks good. I'm game.

41 minutes ago, 吳憾戰士14 said:

I removed most of the Harambe memes in the OP so this lore can be taken more seriously (RIP Harambe)

How could you.

5 hours ago, 吳憾戰士14 said:

The Hou-Zi are a primate people native to the archipelago of Axios. Their native territory comprises the isles of Malin, Tahn and Asul.

Didn't Axios belong to the elves before by lore? Did the elves get here after the Hou-Zi and before the Vailorians, or are the Hou-Zi actually not natives and landed here at some point as well?

Also, kinda strange that they speak exactly like some Farfolk humans, but I guess that's a minor point.

On 9/3/2016 at 2:43 AM, Murdervish said:

Didn't Axios belong to the elves before by lore? Did the elves get here after the Hou-Zi and before the Vailorians, or are the Hou-Zi actually not natives and landed here at some point as well?

Also, kinda strange that they speak exactly like some Farfolk humans, but I guess that's a minor point.

In my chronology, the elves got here while the Hou-Zi were still un-uplifted regular monkeys. The Hou-zi uplifting, their entire empire and conquest of Axios all will have happened before any major events of Axios elven history.

The monkey story arc begins and ends before the elven story arc the LT has planned, whatever it is. (hard to write around it tbh since we aren't allowed to know what it is).

As for the farfolk humans, there is no lore for the Chinese language in LOTC. It's just someone some random people do on a whim. This is the first time it's been formalized into official lore. (And used properly, TBH. I met a random Shaolin Monk character in Vailor once, I don't know what he was going for, but his name translated into 'Photograph'.)

edit: If you read my lore you'll see that I acknowledge the elves were 'here first'. In that the Hou-Zi actually conquer and subjugate some very early, prehistoric and primitive elven communities. These would be elven communities that would live on after the Hou-Zi empire was destroyed and develop into whatever current elven lore is.

On 9/3/2016 at 1:39 AM, Mephistophelian said:

I thought Azdromoth was the Arch-Drakaar, not a Dragaar.

That said, I'll read through the lore and give my thoughts on this later!

Like I said, I don't know jack about Aenguldaemon or dragaar lore. I am willing to make changes for it to fit better.

I removed most of the Harambe memes in the OP so this lore can be taken more seriously (RIP Harambe)

I like this lore, and LOTC Can always use some new exciting creatures. +1

Though we should consider retiring some unused creatures in the future

My whole life... I have wanted to play Ooker Dooker now it's a possibility. +1

6 hours ago, 吳憾戰士14 said:

Fate smiled down upon this primate species however, as Dragur was looking for worthy candidates. This was a time before Dragur had dabbled with the race of Dragons or anything of that nature, still a relatively young deity at the time, experimenting with his power. He had observed his colleague Metzli and her creation of her own favoured race- the Kharajyr. Upon witnessing this, he too sought a race of mortals to do his own bidding.

However, the age was still young. The elves, orcs, dwarves and men still walked with their forefathers, and would not turn to do his bidding.

Sorry, meant to do this in the earlier post but forgot. I just wanted to put the lore on Metztli in contrast to this:

The legend goes that in the dark times, during the world’s infancy; a time few believe existed and Aenguls & Daemons roamed freely, there was an old wives’ tale. They spoke of a Daemon, one who had an affinity for stealing babes from the cribs in the recesses of the night and leaving no signs of the coming. It wasn't an isolated tale, however, it was known to many; springing up sporadically whenever a child disappears without explanation. In spite of this, few knew the truth. Under the cover of stars, the Daemon Metztli would visit lonely farmsteads, called by the scent of infantile blood, and she would whisk away the children straight from their beds.

Legend has it that Metztli’s form was so beautiful; those adults who looked upon her were driven mad and tore their eyes from their sockets. Fearing and denying the truth, elders would attribute this phenomenon to the intense grief the parents’ experienced rather than anything otherworldly. The truth behind the disappearances unfortunately does not end with the children vanishing. The aftermath of these kidnappings were much more gruesome and horrifying.

These children were taken far away, to an undiscovered land in the mists of the oceans. This island was of untold beauty, giving life to incredible varieties of flora and fauna; a paradise of Metztli’s own creation. All that was missing was sentience, Metztli needed a master race. The ocelots that called the island their home were taken by Metztli, and in a series of horrifying, magic-ridden experiments, were crossed with the infants. It took centuries of perfection and tweaking, hundreds of hideous failures discarded into the ocean, Metztli at last created a single, white, humanoid ocelot. This was the first of the Kharajyr, the father; he of the purest blood.

Though it does say that it's during the world's infancy, it sounds like they had cribs and farmsteads, and it took centuries for her to finish, so Dragur is already centuries behind everyone else at least. Also, he figured his stuff out way faster than Metztli, seeing as it only took him 7 years and some to find the monkeys and Sun-Wukongize one of them, and most of that time seems to have been spent just looking for the monkeys in the first place. Perhaps because monkeys have a higher general intelligence and could more reasonably be "uplifted" than an ocelot, but he just walks up to an alpha and unlocks his sapience (not sentience, the monkeys are already sentient) without much trouble.

I can finally play as Harambe

+1 Axios, I feel is a perfect place to put a new exotic race in, though I will not deny that it will need a little bit of touching up involving Dragur. This will be a great add, if accepted, to RP.

((My **** is out for Harambe right now ;-; may he rest in peace))