[✗] [Lore] The Hou-Zi

WuHanXianShi14

20 hours ago, 吳憾戰士14 said:

The Hou-zi expanded and evolved their culture at an astonishing rate. Within two years they were forging their own steel. Within four, they had built their first palaces out of stone and jade. Guiding the Hou-zi through this entire process was Hou-Shen, teaching his subjects the wisdom imparted on him by Dragur himself.

No, this is idiotic. Even with intense slave labor, palaces can take dozens of years to complete. Four years is absolutely ******* impossible, unless these palaces are as large as a two-story middle-class home (which I doubt they are). I would STRONGLY recommend increasing this to fifty or seventy years. 

You should temper your expectations now, though. The LMs probably have their own lore written for Axios already, and will be butthurt that yours is so well-liked. They will likely deny this and state simply that it 'conflicts with hidden lore', and refuse to give you any tips as to how you can clean it up.

Plus, lowering your expectations prevents you from feeling sad. 

I like the concept, but it's only flaw is a rather prominent one. It can't be the aborigine of Axios without some sort of creator, whether they be AenguDaemonic or not. Who made them? Also keep in mind the Ancient Elves were here first regardless as the true aborigines of times past. Keep in mind I skimmed so I likely skipped over some sort of creation story, if so, apologies. 

54 minutes ago, Aerial said:

I like the concept, but it's only flaw is a rather prominent one. It can't be the aborigine of Axios without some sort of creator, whether they be AenguDaemonic or not. Who made them? Also keep in mind the Ancient Elves were here first regardless as the true aborigines of times past. Keep in mind I skimmed so I likely skipped over some sort of creation story, if so, apologies. 

this is hilariously wrong, wow, this actually made me laugh

1 hour ago, Aesopian said:

this is hilariously wrong, wow, this actually made me laugh

7 hours ago, Aesopian said:

You should temper your expectations now, though. The LMs probably have their own lore written for Axios already, and will be butthurt that yours is so well-liked. They will likely deny this and state simply that it 'conflicts with hidden lore', and refuse to give you any tips as to how you can clean it up.

Most likely lmao, that's pretty much what I expect to happen. But I had fun writing it and seeing people enjoy it so I don't consider it time wasted

56 minutes ago, Fizl / PrivetTovarisch said:

i dont want no monkey peoples they'll clearly just be like cat peoples

I fail to see your logic, since the monkey people are inspired by a completely different culture and are meant to be ET creatures, not a regular playable race, can you explain?

7 hours ago, Aesopian said:

No, this is idiotic. Even with intense slave labor, palaces can take dozens of years to complete. Four years is absolutely ******* impossible, unless these palaces are as large as a two-story middle-class home (which I doubt they are). I would STRONGLY recommend increasing this to fifty or seventy years. 

Well the Hagia Sofia was built in 5 years...even so, I took your suggestion and changed it to thirty years.

6 hours ago, Aerial said:

You literally skipped over the their creation story, which makes up a good chunk of the post, haha

Just now, 吳憾戰士14 said:

Most likely lmao, that's pretty much what I expect to happen. But I had fun writing it and seeing people enjoy it so I don't consider it time wasted

If it's not passed in this form talk to me and I'll pull some strings, not all ET creatures need to go through the LT directly. 

Burn the Kha

and from the ashes

raise of the monkey.

As long as I may follow in the steps of the mighty Hozen "Ooker Dooker", you get my +1

Raise of the planet of the apes.

In other words this is so well written. It was a fine read. This is what is needed for our new map, something that shows different distinctive attributes and native races on the islands.

I love this idea! Big +1

I'm sorry to say that this lore has been Denied.

Although the lore is well written, it is with a few lore flaws. The creation of the race itself is one, as it wouldn't make much sense for Dragur to create them, when they have no purpose for him. Unlike the Kha, which were made by Metzli as it's perfect creations, and the race became the purpose of that Daemon. Sections speak that the creature was before the descendants, and mentions elves being primitive, which doesn't fit well with the ancient history. The map as well doesn't fit with the creature well. The islands were the home of Malin, but now this lore would suggest that there were older species dominated the land with extensive towns. Perhaps before the start of the map, the lore might have fit, but currently it does not.