[✗] Morghuul - Ghoul Revision

KBR

Just now, drfate786 said:

The issue is that necromancers are meant to be chaotic, if they can't be aligned with chaotically evil forces they tend to leave a minimal impact on RP. This is what we're currently seeing, I have yet to see any noticeable events occur. 

That's because you're a widely disliked individual.

Just now, Aerial said:

That's because you're a widely disliked individual.

What your basically saying in response to my point is this:

"No one likes u!11!".

Please, grow up..your a GM, act like it. Jeez

Also:

It's not just me, Oren generally lacks any necromancer-related RP. You could say it's because they don't want it, but that doesn't justify it. Lore exists to be used, if it's not used enough it's not lore, it's just garbage that prevents active lore from existing. Either get geoboy to turn his necromancy lore around or kick him out and make a new generation. Your choice, it's not my RP server so don't come crying to me when players whine for RP events. 

2 hours ago, drfate786 said:

It's not just me, Oren generally lacks any necromancer-related RP. You could say it's because they don't want it, but that doesn't justify it. Lore exists to be used, if it's not used enough it's not lore, it's just garbage that prevents active lore from existing. Either get geoboy to turn his necromancy lore around or kick him out and make a new generation. Your choice, it's not my RP server so don't come crying to me when players whine for RP events. 

Just because you haven't seen something does not mean it doesn't exist.

On 9/13/2016 at 10:15 PM, KBR said:

if a process transpires where a Necromancer or Mystic become a Wraith or Wight,

Neither Wraiths nor Wights leave behind bodies that can be turned into Ghouls.

Other than that, a +1 from myself. Ghouls shouldn't have to be played as mindless zombies, and it'd be nice to make that official.

What happens if Morghuul is caught in a chronomancy bubble, can it be reversed in time back to its original form, can it be forwarded in time to rot its limbs?

11 hours ago, Toodles78 said:

Neither Wraiths nor Wights leave behind bodies that can be turned into Ghouls.

Other than that, a +1 from myself. Ghouls shouldn't have to be played as mindless zombies, and it'd be nice to make that official.

I think you misunderstood what was said there, it did not imply that they did. Will explain better once I get home.

2 hours ago, A Moongazer said:

What happens if Morghuul is caught in a chronomancy bubble, can it be reversed in time back to its original form, can it be forwarded in time to rot its limbs?

I imagine that this could possibly happen though even if reversed their soul would not change, though I will leave this to Swgrclan to give you a 100% answer.

On 9/14/2016 at 5:02 AM, Gladuos said:

Same. I think its just the bad formatting of the original post.

So I've seen this again and again and again and I still get confused with this. I've been told in the past that the soul shadow IS the original soul however its cracked/broken so that prevents it from using magic. However, Ive also seen posts like this where it implies the original soul flies off into the afterlife while a 'fake' soul called a soul shadow forms in its place. What the heck is it?

A Soul Shadow is a flawed mimicry of a soul that formulates within the corpse of a mortal after their original Superior Soul has departed to the Soul Stream (the path to afterlife). It's not an actual soul able to achieve what souls do, which is simulate consist life, and thus is only able to animate corpses into often-mindless undead. The Soul Shadow is, however, capable of reflecting the nature of the past spirit of the corpse it inhabits, which can cause undead like Ghouls (Morghuul in this case), Ghosts and Gravens to experience recollections of their mortal lives. But because it is only a mere shadow of the soul before it, Soul Shadows are incapable of doing things such as connecting to the Void or enabling the use of magic.

21 hours ago, drfate786 said:

The issue is that necromancers are meant to be chaotic, if they can't be aligned with chaotically evil forces they tend to leave a minimal impact on RP. This is what we're currently seeing, I have yet to see any noticeable events occur. 

No one should play villain with characters they work for and develop on demand or because someone thinks they should be doing things they aren't interested in.

3 hours ago, A Moongazer said:

Technically, I suppose so. However, I don't think a Moongazer would be able to surpass the time that a Ghoul has been dead and usher life back into their bodies, which would end up rotten and decayed again anyway if they were killed afterwards.

21 hours ago, KBR said:

Just because you haven't seen something does not mean it doesn't exist.

Gotta love these excuses, this logic could be applied to over half of the playerbase. Now stop circlejerking and share with the rest of the server. 

51 minutes ago, drfate786 said:

Gotta love these excuses, this logic could be applied to over half of the playerbase. Now stop circlejerking and share with the rest of the server. 

You got us! We have hundreds of grabbed-by-the-ghoulies under the Johannesburg city, just waiting and thank the lord you're here, because thanks to your top-tier villainy, we were able to go unseen this entire time, but since you disappeared we once again must hide in the shadows like the proverbial nocturnal owl that awaits for their precious shrew to show itself in the darkest of nights. 

Hahaha, no, they just don't have to show you ****. Just cause you ask to know what a group is doing, doesn't mean they need to show you, you entitled manchild, you. Using buzzwords such as circlejerking, is cool too.

Anyway, putting away all other fantasy related mambo-jumbo (cause we're in lotc here nothing else) the necromancers aren't inherently evil at all, even first generation necromancers aren't (though do do chaotic **** cause iblees), heck my undead character wasn't inherently evil. The best role-play with a necromancer I've come across with, is one who believed they were saving these people from death but hey, yes they MUST be chaotic! 

I like this revision very much my friend.

18 minutes ago, Sky said:

You got us! We have hundreds of grabbed-by-the-ghoulies under the Johannesburg city, just waiting and thank the lord you're here, because thanks to your top-tier villainy, we were able to go unseen this entire time, but since you disappeared we once again must hide in the shadows like the proverbial nocturnal owl that awaits for their precious shrew to show itself in the darkest of nights. 

Hahaha, no, they just don't have to show you ****. Just cause you ask to know what a group is doing, doesn't mean they need to show you, you entitled manchild, you. Using buzzwords such as circlejerking, is cool too.

Anyway, putting away all other fantasy related mambo-jumbo (cause we're in lotc here nothing else) the necromancers aren't inherently evil at all, even first generation necromancers aren't (though do do chaotic **** cause iblees), heck my undead character wasn't inherently evil. The best role-play with a necromancer I've come across with, is one who believed they were saving these people from death but hey, yes they MUST be chaotic! 

I like this revision very much my friend.

Another person jumps the band wagon, I'm not even going to waste time explaining anything to you, manchild. 

Btw, when I say "I" have yet to see any antag events related to necromancy. I mean "WE", as in, the majority of the server and most of the new players. This is factual, we have not seen a single event. 

Just now, drfate786 said:

Btw, when I say "I" have yet to see any antag events related to necromancy. I mean "WE", as in, the majority of the server and most of the new players. This is factual, we have not seen a single event. 

While I thoroughly enjoy our little talks, Dr. Fate, I'm afraid that this will have to be my last response to you as you may start to feel that I am attacking you rather than actually giving you responses, in light-hearted and more so, jovial fashion that you enjoy giving out to others but then in-turn dismiss said claims. How fun, but shall I simply suggest that you speaking upon the behalf of the majority of the server is, quite laughable? Of course you'll most likely dismiss this, but if you think about it, no one can speak on behalf of the majority of the community and thus, stating you can is simply ridiculous and only trying to appeal through use of numbers/majority, which in this case is non-existent to your argument. Unless of course you can show your evidence, however I heavily doubt that any such evidence even exists and you're pulling these 'facts' out of thin-air and claiming them as completely factual. As someone who claims to be educated, you're falling rather short of giving an educated response to what is being given, other than anecdotal responses on how you've yet to experience something, therefor it isn't an experience for anyone, and so on and so forth, even here stating that you're speaking on a large proportion of people simply because you yourself have yet to be involved in any sort of antagonist events relating to necromancy, and that's simply a laughable case, because I can assure you that there has been some player ran events involving necromancers, but they mustn't exist due to your lack of involvement.

Now this thread is about the creature's known as Ghouls being revised to a better state than where they were, indeed necromancers are involved in the process but it's not the place to be talking about such, you can argue about necromancers not being played the way you want, or how you feel they should be played, all you wish but take it somewhere else and for the matter, we aren't in a world where everything is shaped using generic 'Necromancer' cookie cutter shapes, or anything of the sort, so that sort of thinking falls into place of oppressing people into doing something that you feel they should be doing and if that's how you truly feel, then please simply read some literature or play an MMO, hardly ever do they fall out of your thinking lines and you may find peace within those pages, or code. 

Originally I assisted helping Shadowmage with the ghoul writing, though more so an editor to correct his grammar mistakes and after reading through the revision, I cannot see any reason why it would be denied and is actually a well written, and well done piece of work. Good work KBR.

10 minutes ago, drfate786 said:

I prefer it that way tbh. Speak for yourself when you say necros should be going around doing public events for the sake of it. Don't presume to assume its what the rest of us want.

Just now, Sky said:

While I thoroughly enjoy our little talks, Dr. Fate, I'm afraid that this will have to be my last response to you as you may start to feel that I am attacking you rather than actually giving you responses, in light-hearted and more so, jovial fashion that you enjoy giving out to others but then in-turn dismiss said claims. How fun, but shall I simply suggest that you speaking upon the behalf of the majority of the server is, quite laughable? Of course you'll most likely dismiss this, but if you think about it, no one can speak on behalf of the majority of the community and thus, stating you can is simply ridiculous and only trying to appeal through use of numbers/majority, which in this case is non-existent to your argument. Unless of course you can show your evidence, however I heavily doubt that any such evidence even exists and you're pulling these 'facts' out of thin-air and claiming them as completely factual. As someone who claims to be educated, you're falling rather short of giving an educated response to what is being given, other than anecdotal responses on how you've yet to experience something, therefor it isn't an experience for anyone, and so on and so forth, even here stating that you're speaking on a large proportion of people simply because you yourself have yet to be involved in any sort of antagonist events relating to necromancy, and that's simply a laughable case, because I can assure you that there has been some player ran events involving necromancers, but they mustn't exist due to your lack of involvement.

Now this thread is about the creature's known as Ghouls being revised to a better state than where they were, indeed necromancers are involved in the process but it's not the place to be talking about such, you can argue about necromancers not being played the way you want, or how you feel they should be played, all you wish but take it somewhere else and for the matter, we aren't in a world where everything is shaped using generic 'Necromancer' cookie cutter shapes, or anything of the sort, so that sort of thinking falls into place of oppressing people into doing something that you feel they should be doing and if that's how you truly feel, then please simply read some literature or play an MMO, hardly ever do they fall out of your thinking lines and you may find peace within those pages, or code. 

Originally I assisted helping Shadowmage with the ghoul writing, though more so an editor to correct his grammar mistakes and after reading through the revision, I cannot see any reason why it would be denied and is actually a well written, and well done piece of work. Good work KBR.

I love how you try to sound sophisticated with these long replies, I'm not going to waste my time reading all of this. You're just a kid, start acting like it. I will say however, that if I can't speak for others you can't either, with that said, you have no evidence to say that events have occurred and you can't speak for any member of the community either. 

Make Ghouls great again. I do remember you wanted to play one, Dr Fate.