[Shelved]Dreadknights, the New Coming [Blood Magic Addition]

Just now, Will (TauFirewarrior) said:

Each individual dreadknight will be loyal to its creator, there is no overall leader or figure who can control the Dread Knights. This generation has no Dread Knight Overlord only Blood Mages who create them, only Blood Mages can create Dread Knights and I plan on spreading the ritual on how to make them to other teachers of the magic so it can be spread across the server rather than being controlled by a single clique that can't keep it active.

The issue is that it won't be active if there aren't enough bloodmages to keep it active. 

Just now, drfate786 said:

The issue is that it won't be active if there aren't enough bloodmages to keep it active. 

There are two active teachers soon to be a third who are all going to take on new students soon as roleplay permits. 

1 minute ago, Will (TauFirewarrior) said:

There are two active teachers soon to be a third who are all going to take on new students soon as roleplay permits. 

Only two to three teachers? Meh, oh well. I suppose their students can also become teachers in the long run. 

I like it! Good to see the ritual part of blood magic is being put to good use :)

I have two questions:

Do dread Knights need to be refuelled by genus once in a while?

How does this provide a different end-RP from the paleknights of mysticism? (I know both of them have different origins and serve different masters, but the end-RP is what I'm interested in).

I'll answer your first question, hugo. The idea is that they need refueling after two weeks. I'll let will answer the second bit of your question.

15 hours ago, Mephistophelian said:

I like it! Good to see the ritual part of blood magic is being put to good use :)

I have two questions:

Do dread Knights need to be refuelled by genus once in a while?

How does this provide a different end-RP from the paleknights of mysticism? (I know both of them have different origins and serve different masters, but the end-RP is what I'm interested in).

These Dreadknights will have a lot more combat focus in a sense, a lot of their personality traits after becoming a Dreadknight will revolve around combat and brotherhood amongst fellow Dreadknights created by a single master. Having lost near all memories of their past lives these Dreadknights will assume this is how they've always been and assume the role of warrior and protector of their master, forming personalities from this albeit shadowed by a level of emotional coldness. 

These personalities as mentioned in the lore can make them harder to control in the heat of a fight and it could also trigger a Dreadknight to begin combat without its master saying so, lets say if it has formed some sort of rivalry with someone be it a descendant or a Dreadknight. As much as I want there to be a clarification between Master and Servant I don't want Dreadknights themselves to become dull, this generation isn't constantly in agony and only a few of them will be in a state of constant depression which will by a by-product of their former personalities before being turned into a dreadknight. I think its important to allow this so they aren't just metal golems.  

Forgive me for sounding like an idiot... What the hell is genus?

The only thing I can think of is that irish drink...

I'm also curious as to whether this allows the Dread Lords that still remain to make more?

• This Lore has been added to this week's Loremag and shall be reviewed by the LT.

Expect a response within about a week.

@Merkaken genus is the fuel bloodmages use basically, it's found in blood and js the catalyst for creation. The original Dreadlords cannot make Dread Knights, however the Bloodmages who know the ritual (the new Dreadlords) can make DKs.

On 9/23/2016 at 8:13 AM, ArcanicFable said:

@Merkaken genus is the fuel bloodmages use basically, it's found in blood and js the catalyst for creation. The original Dreadlords cannot make Dread Knights, however the Bloodmages who know the ritual (the new Dreadlords) can make DKs.

... Wait, why on earth would old dread lords not be able to make new Dread Knights if they already know how to and have done so? That makes no sense.

33 minutes ago, Merkaken said:

... Wait, why on earth would old dread lords not be able to make new Dread Knights if they already know how to and have done so? That makes no sense.

Thats just how the current system is. Our lore is essentially a new version of Dread Knights anyhow which is fitting in with the current generation of Blood Magic Lore. 

I am happy to say this Lore has been Accepted!

It shall be going on a 2 month long trial period.

Contact me for more details!

Lore has been shelved and moved to the appropriate subforum. This is part of our movement to shelve creatures that are either inactive or have been deemed unnecessary/problematic. This is a soft shelf and people with a CA will still be able to play their character, however no new creatures tied to this lore may be created. If you have questions about why this specific lore has been shelved, please contact me via forum PM or over discord at Flamboyant#8856