Elven Origins: Wood Elves

WuHanXianShi14

56 minutes ago, Wolf Druid Ouity said:

Devil's advocate, there's not a whole lot the LT can actually do to stop it if the players want this to be canon. 

45 minutes ago, 吳憾戰士14 said:

The lore needs working on yes, the wood elves are gonna RP this canon either way

Actually, there's only one thing to do if players want this canon, and this thread is exactly that -- because before the acceptance of this submission (hypothetically) this lore would not actually be factual. There is a difference between "canon" and "perception". The current Wood Elven culture perceives that this history is true, but right now, beyond their perception, it is not. By all means RP whatever you want -- the Necromancers may eventually come to believe that their magic comes from a God of Death who exists solely on the mortal plane, when in fact there is no such God of Death present by any means, but rather the same way Necromancy has operated since it's conception.

I don't want to get ahead of myself, but just incase anyone thinks that believing something is canon because a large group believes it is, is correct, it isn't. Aeldin hasn't even been confirmed as a legitimate landmass, meaning that Orenian Exodus that happened a long time ago probably had ended up with a bunch of ships stranded in the vastness of an unending ocean. To get to the point, nothing is canon until it passes submission procedures.

2 hours ago, Swgrclan said:

Actually, there's only one thing to do if players want this canon, and this thread is exactly that -- because before the acceptance of this submission (hypothetically) this lore would not actually be factual. There is a difference between "canon" and "perception". The current Wood Elven culture perceives that this history is true, but right now, beyond their perception, it is not. By all means RP whatever you want -- the Necromancers may eventually come to believe that their magic comes from a God of Death who exists solely on the mortal plane, when in fact there is no such God of Death present by any means, but rather the same way Necromancy has operated since it's conception.

I don't want to get ahead of myself, but just incase anyone thinks that believing something is canon because a large group believes it is, is correct, it isn't. Aeldin hasn't even been confirmed as a legitimate landmass, meaning that Orenian Exodus that happened a long time ago probably had ended up with a bunch of ships stranded in the vastness of an unending ocean. To get to the point, nothing is canon until it passes submission procedures.

aedlin exists dummy my char is there rn

• This Lore has been added to this week's Loremag and shall be reviewed by the LT.

Expect a response within about a week.

16 hours ago, Birdnerdy said:

aedlin exists dummy my char is there rn

:}

On 9/21/2016 at 8:38 PM, Wolf Druid Ouity said:

Devil's advocate, there's not a whole lot the LT can actually do to stop it if the players want this to be canon. 

Not that I don't think there are some areas where the lore could improve a little. I agree that some aspects of the history should be a little smudgier. For example, the rationale and motive behind the wars fought. Was the Arch Druid really such a bad guy? etc etc.

Leave a little room for controversy. :)

To be completely fair, from the perspective of the Arch Druids followers, or their descendants, their part probably has him as a hero who imprisoned a mad woman. He was then shot in the back by a vile traitorous enemy and left to rot, or some such, and it may be prophesied that he will rise again some day for whatever reason. Even as official lore, there will always be controversy. Look at real world history: I imagine that the Germans remember the liberation of Poland in far better lights than the Polish remember their conquest as a single for instance.