Izkuthii

GodEmperorFlam

38 minutes ago, Mephistophelian said:

No no no, this is fine! It's just.. After thinking about it a bit, I got an idea for their 'arrival' to this server: perhaps you could integrate these creatures as being from this world/map? It might go well, especially since we are currently in Apohet's spot! Perhaps the explanation for their absence is that they died off, and the only thing remaining of them is a few masks they made before their disappearance? It also helps explain why these creatures suddenly reappear: someone found a mask!

That backstory fits, I would not mind having that be the introductory to how these beings come about again (assuming this is accepted). Thank you for the suggestion!

This is genuinely fascinating lore. As an ET member, I would often just 'port people who had died during mob fights or whatever back to the story. When a character dies, everything that led up to that moment is pointless. All the cool story, character growth, none of it is applied to what you do afterwards. It was one of my greatest struggles on the team.

I genuinely love the trickster aspect to this. It rewards skilled roleplayers and is truly something unique. I think it's the "make" to the make or break of this lore. It's fascinating, it's different, and it's the first lore in a long, long time that's made me consider playing anything except a Druid. I would love to take a swing at this.

Some small suggestions/misunderstandings: I think it's unlikely that a reasonable character would intentionally do this to themselves. Perhaps a way for the curse to spread besides through the mask? Is there a way, perhaps, that one of these creatures could pass on the curse through some other fashion, perhaps through some other form of trickery? I agree with everybody else that despite the continuity to Japanese lore, nine tails might be... polarizing, and lose you an audience among more immature members of our community. Are there any other numbers of interest? Preferably, one that doesn't call Naruto to mind.

A genuine, heartfelt +1. Amazing potential in this lore. Haven't been this excited for "villainous" lore in a very, very long time

PS make them allowed to be Druids and I'll never leave

PSS

On 9/23/2016 at 6:43 PM, drfate786 said:

I don't really think this is needed, it gives me bad vibes. -1

I think that anything that gives drfate bad vibes should unequivocally be implemented to the server permanently.

This has been updated due to a recent overhaul proposal being accepted. Physical appearance has been altered, amongst other changes.

I really like this idea. It is something completely different from what we've seen before

33 minutes ago, PoochieMoo said:

I really like this idea. It is something completely different from what we've seen before

You're about 8 months too late c:

I know, I just wanted to say I liked the idea. I wasn't voting.

Updated, brought over the information from the recent addition/clarifications passed.