[✗] [Event Creature] Mor'tish Ent

Bluee

The Mor'tish Ent

Introduction

line-dividers-clipart-1.jpg

The Mor'tish Ent was created by a necromancer using a form of dark magic, the necromancer was said to be creating a creature that would bring an end to all the residents living on the Isles. Although, something went wrong in the experiment and it had turned what he was summoning into a giant living tree, which we call Ents. Although, it really isn't an Ent besides it's a tree and it's.. well.. living. It is rather a corrupted version of an Ent infused with a dark magic essence of some sort, a very compressed dark energy. The creature was first discovered when Willowsguard were on patrol in The Blackwald swamps, upon investigation they found the necromancer's body, not corroded away oddly. They also found his spell book and all it stated was he was planning to make a creature so powerful it would overcome the isles. Obviously, that was a failed experiment, but the necromancer did create something.. The Mor'tish Ent.

What is the Mor'tish Ent?

The Mor'tish Ent is a corrupted swamp ent, infused with some form of dark magic it would technically be a very aggressive living tree. The Mor'tish Ent would concealed until someone or something would come near to it. Only then would it reveal itself and it's glowing red eyes that emit smoke. It's eyes are like that because the Mor'tish Ent is not what the necromancer had planned, it is simply a failed experiment in the necromancer's eyes, or would've been in the necromancer was still alive. The eye glow is simply trapped dark magic and energy. However it revealing itself is a very rare occasion because it only does that when it needs a feeding or the someone or something has something the Mor'tish Ent wants, it is very hostile. In theory, it could live an eternity.  

Appearance

It would be a very dark wood shade, the wood would be crusting away because of how old the Ent is supposed to be. It would have large wooden spikes of different lengths growing out of his back. It would have two horn-like spikes on opposite sides of it's head. It wouldn't have a neck as it's whole body would be connected like a very large and bulky tree would be. It would have giant root arms that could extent 18 feet out, his 'hands' would look like they were very large and bulky roots. It's mouth would gape 10 feet out and out have very large spike-like teeth, you could not see the back of his mouth because of how dark it would be. even in broad day. It's eyes would be it's most visible feature as it would be emitting a red smoke-like mist at all times. It's eyes would be a bright red and they would emit a light that could be seen from a mile away in the dark. It would not be known to have any legs as it always is in a body of water. If it did have legs of any sort it could be concealed by the body of water. It's body would be roughly 28 feet high and 15 feet long it would be covered in dark green vines and moss.

Spoiler

swamp_ent_by_grizoart-d7wd7e0.jpg

Habitat and Temperament

The Mor'tish Ent would live in a pond or body of murky water at all times. It would live in a location that always would have many bodies of water, small or large. Moss, Vines, and other forms of cover would be important so it could be hidden well. It would also need to live in a mostly-dark area, i.e a lot of leaves or vines blocking the sunlight, though a little sunlight would be needed. It could go years and years without eating a single thing, it would simply survive off of water, but with the wonderful things that come with dark magic it would need to eat a meat of some sort every once and a while. It would usually find an alligator or crocodile to eat. Occasionally a deer would also wonder into it's deadly path.

Spoiler

3355a83f2abf768c173a5bab99addc65.jpg

Death?

There is no known way of killing the beast but it is said if you take away the essence it's eyes display it would simply lose all it's magical properties of life, yet it wouldn't die it would just lose the energy it needs to stay 'awake' or 'alive'. If you could find where that essence is coming from, you could kill the beast. That is the only known theory of killing it.

Purpose

If this were to be used or implemented in any way, i'd would be an event for the Willowguard.

Example: The Willowguard would be on patrol in the Blackwald because of a suspected thief on the run. The Mor'tish Ent after many years of 'hibernation' it would be due again to feast on something living, it happens to be the Willowguard would be right in it's path..

I think it would be a cool fight to roleplay and it would add another story to tell for LotC. On top of that it would add more lore to Mor'tish and Blackwald, because as of now, they are very unknown areas and I think that this would add a new aspect to the area and give a little meaning to it. All in all, it would add a very unique and cool creature to the LotC Lore and it would add a very cool event for anyone who wishes to do an event on this creature, it would bring a ton of LotC players together to defeat this beast.

Thank you for reading this :)

-Talavok (In-game: Valor)

Very impressive, Tala. I'm looking forward to have you have planned for the future 

It's always nice to see new players contributing to the server! That being said (and I don't mean this in a rude fashion), but what purpose does this creature serve/what does it add to roleplay? Is this meant to be an antagonist creature for events? Or just an "ooo look at that thing"?

The base concept of a dark ent is neat, but essentially I'd like to see the purpose fleshed out.

Just now, The Pink Lion said:

It's always nice to see new players contributing to the server! That being said (and I don't mean this in a rude fashion), but what purpose does this creature serve/what does it add to roleplay? Is this meant to be an antagonist creature for events? Or just an "ooo look at that thing"?

The base concept of a dark ent is neat, but essentially I'd like to see the purpose fleshed out.

It is meant to be for a roleplay event, should I put that in the post?

Just now, Talavok said:

It is meant to be for a roleplay event, should I put that in the post?

I'm aware it's meant for events, but what does it do in said events? Is it just there? Is it seeking something (you mentioned this in the temperament section, but never elaborated) or simply causing destruction?

Just now, The Pink Lion said:

I'm aware it's meant for events, but what does it do in said events? Is it just there? Is it seeking something (you mentioned this in the temperament section, but never elaborated) or simply causing destruction?

It is meant for the Willowguard, it would be the time where it would need to eat something, a group of willowguard would come around and a fight would commence.

4 minutes ago, The Pink Lion said:

Edit: Added Purpose.

I can't speak for Talavok but I'd also suspect one of it's purposes is to give the Blackwald, or more specifically the lands in Savoy known as Mor'ton more depth and substance. IRP the Marsh's we live in are renown for their attraction to various evils and malicious beasts.

So is it an ent by name, or actually some sort of corrupted ent? From the read it's a dark corrupted ent, so how do they become corrupted? Or is that left up to the Event Team's digression? I don't mind either way, sometime's keeping things hush hush is best for immersion. 

will be good with a few tweaks and perhaps more backstory and etc im all for it

8 hours ago, Jaeden said:

I like it. Adding lore to various places around Axios is always a good thing; no matter how big or little.
However, I'd advise giving it a purpose other than,

'An event for the Willowguard'.

Lore creatures are something that should be able to be used even after its original-designed purpose. If the Willowguard ceased to exist, there should still be a 'reason' for this creature to actually be prominent in these lands.

I'd advise expanding upon the purpose in a way other than saying it's for an event. Maybe its wanting to seek out an artifact - which you could also write lore for. Or maybe it's just hungry for souls or something, I don't know.

Added tons more background <3

4 hours ago, Gucko said:

will be good with a few tweaks and perhaps more backstory and etc im all for it

Tweaked and few things and added tons more backstory, enjoy

Just now, Finalhazard said:

Not every piece of lore needs explanation or a three-page long backstory describing how it came to be. You do your thing.

+1, because I've used a similiar creature in an event.

Haha, thanks :) Just wanted a good amount of detail because folks were saying there was a lack of info