Dogma and Principles of the Church

Et Principia Ecclesiae Dogma

The Dogma and Principles of the Church

The Church of the Canon adheres to absolute monotheism, revering the one true God of the one true faith. He is regarded to have countless names rooted in countless traditions, but nonetheless is the same all-powerful figure, the creator of the universes. He is the source of good in the world, and thus those that shun his tenets are evil, evil being defined in the faith as a lack of godliness. Thus, individual pagans and heretics can unknowingly adhere to his tenets and be virtuous, but pagan and heretic societies are inherently viewed as less righteous given their higher tendency to stray off the path the Creator has willed. This is reflected in their belief in the afterlife where those who have remained loyal to God accompany him in the Seven Skies, while those who shun him and his ways are left to the Void, an oblivion of pitch-blackness symbolizing a world without God. This concept of afterlife has popularized the Lorraine Cross, the unofficial symbol of the Church, representing the Skies (the highest vertical line on the cross), the Mortal Plane (the middle line of the cross), and the nothingness of the Void below.

The Creator has created the Holy Scrolls in his infinite wisdom; immortal artifacts which reveal the secret of the universe. When the end-days come, the Holy Scrolls in full shall be revealed to all of the world and all creation shall be redeemed of their worldly taint. In the meantime, to guide His sentient creation to righteousness, God has delivered four Scrolls of the countless Holy Scrolls, known as the Canon, through four exalted prophets; Horen I, Owyn I, Godfrey I, and Siegmund I. Only humans have received this prophecy due to their boon after the defeat of Iblees; while other races received more worldly boons reflecting constitution or immortality, Canonists interpret the gift to "wander the seven skies" as the ability to conduct in prophecy and be closest to God, particularly in the afterlife.

Horen received the Scroll of Virtue, which illustrates the nature of God and his commandments.

Owyn received the Scroll of Spirit, which illustrates the falsehoods of the infidel faiths.

Godfrey received the Scroll of Gospel, which illustrates the canonical past of the Faith's prophets.

Siegmund received the Scroll of Auspice, which illustrates the canonical futures in revelation.

The Church of the Canon holds these four Scrolls as divinely writ and most holy, with secondary flawed texts consisting of holy works by saints and theologians. They believe no more scrolls shall be revealed until all creation has been redeemed.

The Dogmatic Tenets

The Creator

The most fundamental concept of the True Faith is a rigorous monotheism, called the Doctrine of One. The Creator is architect of the universe and progenitor of humankind. He is unique and inherently one, omnipotent, omnipresent, and omnibenevolent.

Aenguls and Daemons

The Faith holds that Aenguls and Daemons are true, physical beings with a presence in the world and powers granted by the Creator. According to the Canon, they possess free thought, and worship the Creator in total obedience. Aenguls are devoid of will and thus total servants the Creator, while Daemons are alike to humans and can choose between good and evil. Their earthly duties include communicating revelations from Creator, glorifying Him, recording every person's actions, and taking a person's soul at the time of death. They are also thought to intercede on man's behalf. The Scrolls describes angels as "messengers with wings—two, or three, or four (pairs).

The Exalted

The Faithful identify the exalted prophets as those humans chosen by the Creator to be his successors in the mortal realm. According to the Scrolls, three descendants of Horen were chosen by the creator to bring the "Will of the Creator" to the peoples of the nations through their actions and through the divine scrolls and so they were the Regent of Heaven in the mortal realm, and the successor of the Creator. The Divine must be descended from Horen I but not all Horens are divines.

Predestination

The Faith’s teaching of predestination, or divine-preordainment is derived from the fact that The Creator has full knowledge and control over all that occurs. Time is a dimension for the Creator so he knows everything that has happened and will happen, given that he is existed forever and will exist forever. Everything in the world that occurs, good or evil, is known by The Creator. According to Imperial theologians, although events are preordained, man possesses free will in that he has the faculty to choose between right and wrong, and is thus responsible for his actions.

Mercy of the Creator

Repentance is the activity of reviewing one's actions and feeling contrition or regret for past wrongs. In religious contexts it usually refers to confession to God, ceasing sin against God in order to gain forgiveness or absolution. It typically includes an admission of guilt, a promise or resolve not to repeat the offense; an attempt to make restitution for the wrong, or in some way to reverse the harmful effects of the wrong where possible.

The Holy Light

The Holy Light is the light and wellhead of the creator that interacts with the mortal realm. It suffuses all things and is the most essential and timeless aspect of the Creator; also termed the Godhead, it reflects the infinite will of the Creator and his influence over the mortal world. It exists in all creation, though its strength is empowered by one's spiritual proximity to the Allfather. It embodies the concept of unconditional reality, which transcends the limited existence of mortality or even personality; it is a singular, driving force of purity and radiance which acts as the spiritual body of the Creator. The Holy Light is also the progenitor of pre-ordainment, acting as the primary mover behind all things that occur.

Revelations

The holy scrolls are the records which most Faithful believe were dictated by the Creator to Tesion and Artifai, The Faithful believe that the verses of the Early Scrolls were revealed to Horen I by The Creator through the an Archaengul on many occasions during his lifetime, although most of these scrolls were lost during the usurpation of the Horens. Later, through intensive translation and scrutiny, adaptions of the Canonical Scrolls have been miraculously rendered by various Church figures, enabling their distribution.

The Principles of Faith

• I believe with perfect faith that the Creator, Blessed be His Name, is the Creator and Guide of everything that has been created; He alone has made, does make, and will make all things.

• I believe with perfect faith that the Exalted were the Creators Regents in this realm and that there obedience is worship to the Creator.

• I believe with perfect faith that the Aenguls are The Creators servants.

• I believe with perfect faith that the Creator, Blessed be His Name, is One, and that there is no unity in any manner like His, and that He alone is our God, who was, and is, and will be.

• I believe with perfect faith that the Creator, Blessed be His Name, has no body, and that He is free from all the properties of matter, and that there can be no (physical) comparison to Him whatsoever.

• I believe with perfect faith that the Creator, Blessed be His Name, is the first and the last.

• I believe with perfect faith that to the Creator, Blessed be His Name, and to Him alone, it is right to worship, and that it is not right to worship any being besides Him.

• I believe with perfect faith that all the words of the Exalted Prophets are true.

• I believe with perfect faith that the prophecy of Horen I our teacher, blessings be upon him, was true, and that he was the chief of the Exalted, both those who preceded him and those who followed him.

• I believe with perfect faith that the entire scrolls that is now in our possession is the same that was given to our Exalted, blessings be upon them.

• I believe with perfect faith that the Holy Scrolls can not be corrupted.

• I believe with perfect faith that the Creator, Blessed be His Name, knows all the deeds of beings and all their thoughts.

• I believe with perfect faith that the Creator, Blessed be His Name, rewards those who keep His commandments and punishes those that transgress them.

• I believe with perfect faith that there will be eternal splendor at the time when it shall please the Creator, Blessed be His name, and His mention shall be exalted for ever and ever.

The Principles of the Ministry

• The Church is born of Exalted inspiration through the Prophets Horen and Owyn; the Ministry of GOD. It’s purpose is to spread GOD’s love and word, and assist His flock in finding a path to His light.

• The Ministry of GOD is not confined to those of the Canonist Sect. Though the body is named the Church of the Canon due to its adherence to the Canon Scrolls, it is also a body by which all, faithful and unfaithful, may learn of GOD and His glory.

• The Ministry of GOD is not an instrument for the political endeavors of the lordships of any nation. It is, instead, a purely theological body which shall be subject to the will of no sovereign but the High Pontiff.

• The Ministry of GOD is not a body by which persecution and prejudice is born. It shall accept all races, peoples, and faiths as children of GOD, and show them His affection through tolerance, charity, mercy, and love. It shall, however, accept that the heathen and heretic are without love for GOD, and will admonish them.

• The Ministry of GOD is the supreme authority on GOD’s Canon, and the word he delivered to we, His flock. However, each person is a person born of GOD’s will, and thus they are capable of reason and understanding. This includes basic interpretation of their personal relationship with GOD.

• The Ministry of GOD finds that to touch the void is to tempt the same corruption of the Arch Daemon Iblees, and is supremely dangerous. Many magi have performed great deeds for the faith. However, their art’s precarious nature is well known, and the Church shall do all it can to prevent dark practitioners or chaotic wizards from bringing harm to the world as Iblees’ voidal corruption has done.

• The Ministry of GOD shall be the only body through which the Four Sacraments of the Faith may be administered, and it shall do so for those who truly seek them. These are;

• Matrimony, to bring blessing upon union.

• Baptism, to bring blessing upon laymen.

• Consecration, to bring blessing upon remains and relics.

• Ordination, to bring blessing upon clergy.