The Witch Mother & The Banshee

meg

1 hour ago, HB_ said:

this is too much like striga i can't support this you oppressive pigs

Yeah, what r u doing..... it's cuz u want an all gril group isn't it...

Looks good, I think this will make frost witches a bit more interesting as well as fix some problems that we currently have.
I would like to know, though, what will happen with the current witch mothers and that cursed ice? Will it grow into their hearts now, or will it be said that it is already their heart, just that they did not know it?

Rasmot really made banshees don't you see?! Jk, in all seriousness great lore and I think it's a necessary addition to frost witches. Just a few questions regarding the lore that you could perhaps clarify for me.

• 3bd7dee631b3f9adc408c4dccdae8d68.png

In this red line you go on to state that their power increases by x2. The next red line you go on to state that the banshees power and the mothers are on equal footing in terms of power. 

• 625ae3b3cd80497ed55430960a85fc30.png

Could you perhaps exemplify on this more? If it's for future lore I would understand, but if not you should probably create some red lines or go into more detail for it considering it 'ignores most of the limitations of a regular calling stone.'

Otherwise I really love the lore, great job Meg.

Yes.

Feels like one of Katari's 'limited small number of magic beings that are more powerful than the regular magical beings they are based off of,' which I think is generally unneeded.

And as for people saying this 'fixes' frost witches, how? What are the problems with frost witches that you see?

Personally, the problem I think frost witches have is that they aren't very interesting. They seem generic and very similar to other villainous characters, in the way that their purpose is to just go and randomly kill people. Which isn't really all that fun (from both viewpoints, of the person whose characters is being killed and the person whose character is just a murderous maniac for no good reason. and yes, 'they need it to live' is not a good reason, because it's simplistic and promotes a type of rp that doesn't achieve much in ways of development or fun. generally). And that's not to say that Frost Witches can't be interesting characters, it's just that it's sorta tainted by this (in my opinion!!!) poor lore of the frost witches in general.

I think that Frost Witches could be improved with some sort of reason to interact with people that isn't just to kill them. Whether that's a goal that the leader or whatever wants to achieve, or some sort of thing added in lore. Don't think it's achieved with addition of more creature forms.

i'm prepared to be ass blasted don't worry :')

8 minutes ago, Space said:

Feels like one of Katari's 'limited small number of magic beings that are more powerful than the regular magical beings they are based off of,' which I think is generally unneeded.

And as for people saying this 'fixes' frost witches, how? What are the problems with frost witches that you see?

Personally, the problem I think frost witches have is that they aren't very interesting. They seem generic and very similar to other villainous characters, in the way that their purpose is to just go and randomly kill people. Which isn't really all that fun (from both viewpoints, of the person whose characters is being killed and the person whose character is just a murderous maniac for no good reason. and yes, 'they need it to live' is not a good reason, because it's simplistic and promotes a type of rp that doesn't achieve much in ways of development or fun. generally). And that's not to say that Frost Witches can't be interesting characters, it's just that it's sorta tainted by this (in my opinion!!!) poor lore of the frost witches in general.

I think that Frost Witches could be improved with some sort of reason to interact with people that isn't just to kill them. Whether that's a goal that the leader or whatever wants to achieve, or some sort of thing added in lore. Don't think it's achieved with addition of more creature forms.

i'm prepared to be ass blasted don't worry :')

The problem you seem to be having is simply that this lore post is not a description for frost witch characters, only frost witches. Each witch is her own person with her own reasons. They are not like, say, golems who must behave a certain way. I don't know if that makes sense. 

Just now, zaezae said:

The problem you seem to be having is simply that this lore post is not a description for frost witch characters, only frost witches. Each witch is her own person with her own reasons. They are not like, say, golems who must behave a certain way. I don't know if that makes sense. 

Mhm, I addressed that with this point!

And that's not to say that Frost Witches can't be interesting characters, it's just that it's sorta tainted by this (in my opinion!!!) poor lore of the frost witches in general.

Just now, Space said:

Mhm, I addressed that with this point!

I suppose so, still though I think there is enough freedom of character having played one. There were downright cruel all the way to almost paragonious frosties. 

Just now, zaezae said:

I suppose so, still though I think there is enough freedom of character having played one. There were downright cruel all the way to almost paragonious frosties. 

My issues aren't with there not being enough freedom of character in playing one! I think they're at a good level with that. Except for the ones that have relationships with men-- That's lame imo. But, that's not really my point.

Just now, Space said:

My issues aren't with there not being enough freedom of character in playing one! I think they're at a good level with that. Except for the ones that have relationships with men-- That's lame imo. But, that's not really my point.

Well you know, they are still people, and people get lonely and such. After all, vampire x human is a common and popular trope. I get you and all though.