[✓] Seven Skies - Lore Addition

osumanduas

Spoiler

THE SEVEN SKIES

by Jacko

INTRODUCTION

The Seven Skies exists as a celestial plane cast out among the void. Believed to have been inhabited by the Creator, it is primarily a haven for blessed human souls. The plane’s origin is relatively unknown, only that it was first to spring from the void, and that from it came the Aengudaemons and the rest of creation; the undisputed heart of creation.

The name coined by mortals is the Seven Skies, however this is only partially the case. The name refers to the infinite possibility granted by the untapped energy within the plane. The plane itself exists as pure energy due to its central importance to the immortal planes and it’s situation in the void.

The realm is charged with untapped power. The raw magic irradiated by the primary plane can then be bent to the will of the souls that inhabit it. Each shaped by the soul who evokes it, similar to that of Aengudaemons, but on a much smaller scale. Contrary to Human perception of the Heavens, it is constantly changeable. The souls within the Heavens thus, explore the endless possibilities of their imagination for the duration of their afterlife, the blessing bestowed upon them to counteract their short lives.

The inhabitants of the plane include those blessed Human Souls, that have passed on from the mortal world. The blessing received by Humanity at the conclusion of the War of the Four Brothers maintains such, so as to counteract the curse put upon them by Iblees. The moral dead rid of their physical form ascend to the immortal plane and make use the incandescent energies available to them as an engine to fuel their primary desire in life.

A Soul uses the energies it is essentially blessed with to fulfill whatever kindly purpose or pursuit it held in life. Souls are then divided and classified.

SOUL CLASSIFICATIONS

Those values are then exemplified by the raw magics within the plane as explained above, each Soul becoming a paragon of their own guiding principles.

Gravitas - The Great

• Soul of Justice

A Soul of Justice carries out its pursuit of equality and fair judgement, consistent with former Lawmen, Politicians, Lawyers.

• Soul of Valor

A Soul of Valor seeks out danger and hardship, Former Adventurers, and Knights.

• Soul of Will

A Soul of Will has particular fortitude and industry. Former Craftsmen and Laborers.

• Soul of Order

A Soul of Order is characterized by their demanding nature, constantly giving commands. Officers and Commanders.

Humilitas - The Grace

• Soul of Compassion

A Soul of Compassion is characterized by an intense empathy for others.

• Soul of Modesty

A Soul of Modesty is simplistic and content. It’s persona is that of a kind dullard.

• Soul of Love

A Soul of Love is concerned purely with a passion for other individuals through acts of kindness.

• Soul of Friendship

A Soul of Friendship seeks validation in all facets of it’s existence.

Sibylline - The Wise

• Soul of Wisdom

A Soul of Wisdom have a great deal of common sense and dignity, they act as adviser.

• Soul of Honesty

A Soul of Honesty pursues the unadulterated idea of honesty.

• Soul of Knowledge

A Soul that is characterized by its wealth of knowledge, and lack of other facets.

• Soul of Curiosity

A Soul with a general interest in all things within its ability to contemplate.

GREATER AND LESSER

The power of a Soul is defined by it’s ability to pursue its guiding principle. Thus, Soul with more limited capabilities, and those opposite, those with fantastic ones, can be categorized into Lesser and Greater Souls.

INFLUENCE

As the Seven Skies lay within the reaches of the Immortal Planes, so too does the population of the metaphysical influence the physical, or Mortal Realm. In essence, ‘there is a door with a handle on only one side. The Mortal Realm cannot change the Skies, but the Skies have the capacity to effect the Mortal Realm.

As entities within the Immortal Plane can bestow their energies upon mortals, so too can the Souls of the Seven Skies. It is noted however that none can do so with the affinity that an Aengudaemon might. In this way the Souls of the Seven Skies effectively influence the physical world in the same capacity as an entity from Apohet’s domain, though the effects, and thus, the gifts bestowed upon the user, are different in how they manifest. Aside from that Souls have a specific distaste for magic users of other variants, Clerics, Voidal-Mages, etc, and won’t bestow their powers upon those who already have influence in some capacity. They give their power only to those who need it.

I enjoy this a lot. How do the blessed human souls get transported to the Seven Skies once they die? 

Just now, Smaw said:

Er... looks a lot like the Spirit Realm.

*waits with baited breath*

3 hours ago, Smaw said:

Er... looks a lot like the Spirit Realm.

In that they're both planes for the dead, how do you mean exactly? Both are Immortal Planes to be sure, I simply mean to add some substance to the Seven Skies, as it seems to be in a sort of limbo. Humans go there after death via the blessing, but as far as I've seen there isn't anything on what it is specifically.

It seems like it's a way to implement the magic that was denied previously, mainly from the section in which it begins to explain how the blessed human souls can effect the world and what not. The touchy subject behind it is that the Humans basically decide whoever is to ascend, and if it were the font of creation I see no reason as to why it would exclude all others. 

It does also seem very similar to the Spirit Realm, which doesn't separate it much from what's already put forth aside from the fact its made out to be stronger. Kind've how its described to be believed where the creator is and how all the higher deities came from it; which is somewhat of a big leap from previous lore. It being the heart of creation is a very odd and somewhat intrusive stance considering all the lore on the server currently. 

I think the biggest problem is the similarity to the Spirit Realm, and how regardless of those similarities it's the initial font of creation and is powerful over such; even where the Daemon of the Spirit Realm came from initially. It'd complicate a lot of things and seems like a bit of a shove as a means to get past the denial of the previous deific magic put forth.

Why make an entirely separate realm for the ancestors of a certain people? If done correctly, the ancestors of humans could very well live in the ancestral plane of the spirits, too, just as the ancestors of the dark elves do!

I like it. It isn't an issue to me if its similar to things like the spirit realm in Shamanism or what have you. Bare in mind, this is for a completely different playerbase, and while in function intercession magic and shamanism may be different, the players that they'll affect and the way they're RP'd out (especially culturally) will be entirely different.

Don't shoot down lore just because its similar to something else. Especially because it'll be a new unique experience for the players getting it. (I can understand not wanting to give the Orcs or Elves more special magics, but the humans have really never gotten anything).

Lore-wise I like the narrative. The human's main blessing is that they get access to the seven skies. Think abstractly. This doesn't just have to mean they go there when they die. It could mean they can literally call upon the blessings of the seven skies to brighten their mortal lives. (And also still go there when they die)

All in all, I think it makes sense. I support this lore, good luck, +1

Just now, Mephistophelian said:

Why make an entirely separate realm for the ancestors of a certain people? If done correctly, the ancestors of humans could very well live in the ancestral plane of the spirits, too, just as the ancestors of the dark elves do!

I would say because the human playerbase would want something which has more relevant ties to their cultural lore, which the spirits do not have.

I really believe this lore should be accepted. The very reason I joined the lore team was to help implement lore pieces like this which can be relevant to the main cultures of main playerbases and have a solid effect on day-to-day RP (as opposed to being relevant in a one-a-year PVE event). We as a team should be willing to bend and adapt our perception of canon lore a bit to give large playerbases like Oren (and the elves, hence why I re-wrote wood elf lore) some lore recognition.

Lets not forget that the Seven Skies were lore from the beginning of Lord of the Craft, one of Human's blessings to be sent to the seven skies after death.

Plus one.

4 hours ago, ⅢSliceⅢ said:

It seems like it's a way to implement the magic that was denied previously, mainly from the section in which it begins to explain how the blessed human souls can effect the world and what not. The touchy subject behind it is that the Humans basically decide whoever is to ascend, and if it were the font of creation I see no reason as to why it would exclude all others. 

It does also seem very similar to the Spirit Realm, which doesn't separate it much from what's already put forth aside from the fact its made out to be stronger. Kind've how its described to be believed where the creator is and how all the higher deities came from it; which is somewhat of a big leap from previous lore. It being the heart of creation is a very odd and somewhat intrusive stance considering all the lore on the server currently. 

I think the biggest problem is the similarity to the Spirit Realm, and how regardless of those similarities it's the initial font of creation and is powerful over such; even where the Daemon of the Spirit Realm came from initially. It'd complicate a lot of things and seems like a bit of a shove as a means to get past the denial of the previous deific magic put forth.

I pseudo-agree with this.

9 hours ago, ⅢSliceⅢ said:

I'd like to make clear again that whether or not Intercession Magic is accepted or denied isn't up to me nor is it my primary concern. This piece is separate from it and I specifically tried to gear it away from the pseudo-biblical influences of the previous magic, and of the Human Faith. In part, the Humans have always had the blessing to go to the Seven Skies, I'm not excluding all others, the approved or previously set blessing that was given to Humanity is supposed to set them apart.

As for how the Seven Skies is stronger, that is how I interpreted it from Benbo's lore on the Immortal Planes, as it is said to connect all the planes together. It wouldn't be far of a stretch to imagine that a plane which is connect to all others was the place from which those other planes were erected, and thus, where the creators of those separate planes originated from. How it's described, well, the Creator is believed to have created it, the majority of humanity believes it to be so. Would the font's strength even be a major factor if it's power is constantly being split among the souls of Human descendants, thus drastically decreasing it's potency? I determine how powerful it is by how it could effect the mortal plane, that being explained in the INFLUENCE section as being similar to that of the spirit realm, mostly because that can already be gauged to some extent

In reference to the Spirit Realm, yes they share similarities in that they both house spirits, and that they are both Immortal Planes, but the Spirits who inhabit them, the way in which they might influence Axios, and the divisions of the Planes, I think, are different. Honestly if we're speaking up on the similarity of various Immortal Planes, why is it a major issue here when there are three that would fulfill or work the same already? That being in reference to Xan and Tahariae, purity and order, they both fight evil on the server, they both share basic traits, and yet they're separate from each other.

9 hours ago, Jacko said:

In that they're both planes for the dead, how do you mean exactly? Both are Immortal Planes to be sure, I simply mean to add some substance to the Seven Skies, as it seems to be in a sort of limbo. Humans go there after death via the blessing, but as far as I've seen there isn't anything on what it is specifically.

It's a realm of Spirits (Lesser and Greater) that each hold influence over a specific domain, of which they can impart a portion of their power onto mortals, presumably with some sort of Magic that would need to be implemented.

I.E: Lataumancy

I'm not completely against the idea, but with a blessing as vague and mysterious as the Human one, I'd much rather see something that wasn't so similar to a pre-existing concept in nearly every way.

10 minutes ago, Smaw said:

It's a realm of Spirits (Lesser and Greater) that each hold influence over a specific domain, of which they can impart a portion of their power onto mortals, presumably with some sort of Magic that would need to be implemented.

I.E: Lataumancy

I'm not completely against the idea, but with a blessing as vague and mysterious as the Human one, I'd much rather see something that wasn't so similar to a pre-existing concept in nearly every way.

Then I suppose the question is what those Spirits do with the energies granted them. So far as I've thought, Spirits or Souls would simply bend the magics in the plane to whatever their specific classification or purpose might stir them to create. As for pre-existing concepts, the chain that you've mentioned in reference to the Spirit Realm can really be attributed to everything already in the Immortal Plane.

All Souls are Spirits, greater or lesser, including Aenguls and Daemons mind you, they all have a plane of influence, and they can all give their powers to mortals. The whole point of the Immortal Plane is so it might be a place to harbor the deceased, and the deities, both of which give power to mortals.

The only difference I see between all those realms anyway is how they manifest in the physical world, and there we already have interloping similarities. 

That said if you have any suggestions I'd be happy to hear it. Would be glad to get some LM guidance in this

14 hours ago, Sky said:

Lets not forget that the Seven Skies were lore from the beginning of Lord of the Craft, one of Human's blessings to be sent to the seven skies after death.

Plus one.

agreeing with this, seven skies have always been an integral part of human identity and culture. i don't want my dead minecraft roleplay characters sharing a dead plane with inferior dog people.