[✓] [magic] [addition] Celestialism Reiteration ~~~ The Masters of Arcanism

BrandNewKitten

Really neat yes pls

Now that the changes I suggested were made, I can totally get behind this lore. I just hope it is spread, and doesn't stay for just a few people to use.

The rewrite you made really clarified a lot of things,so good job with that ;). I still do have a few questions,though:

-How long would the self teaching process take?

-Could you clarify what these Celestials can do when defending themselves?

-if you become a tier 5 celestial arcanist,does it mean that you can't get

higher than tier 4 in any other subtype?

Overall,good work on making this submission. I may have been critical with this subtype before, but arcanism always fascinated me.

1 hour ago, Summorox said:

The rewrite you made really clarified a lot of things,so good job with that ;). I still do have a few questions,though:

-How long would the self teaching process take?

-Could you clarify what these Celestials can do when defending themselves?

-if you become a tier 5 celestial arcanist,does it mean that you can't get

higher than tier 4 in any other subtype?

Overall,good work on making this submission. I may have been critical with this subtype before, but arcanism always fascinated me.

The process of learning has has not been fully declared. It may either be a self-taught process equivalent to learning a new spell(s) but since they are much harder it should take at least a month to grasp/become a Celestial Arcanist. It might also be that it's taught. I haven't decided if it would make sense for the information to spread without rooting first. 

Depending on the Celestial it could be anything from attempted evasion to shielding themselves (perhaps you have something with a shell?) As of right now Celestials have no drive to initiate an attack and are more likely to run and hide when targetted due to simple survival instincts. Most Celestials will be pretty small as well seeing as though you begin to need larger and larger stones if the Celestial is to be medium or large. Larger stones need more mana to maintain. That being said it is not my intention to have them absolutely defenseless. If actively attacked a Celestial is liable to cause collateral damage during its defense. If it has claws perhaps it's claws can cut. The key factor and the way you can tell if a Celestial is being PGed is Celestials won't move to engage physically unless they are engaged on first. They won't give chase or hunt a target. They will defend themselves and their position and remain open to their caster. Do to the nature of this it can appear quite sporadic but simply allows for RP freedom to occur. All familiars will be documented though and the list provided to the MAT for moderation. People really won't be having GIANT lions that go maul people.

The idea is to specialize in Arcanism to the point of mastery. The trade off is an advancement into the subtype but your other magics will never move above Tier 4.  Celestial Arcanists are Celestial Arcanist and though they might have strong abilities in other magics they choose to move beyond their mastery. Though to note this does not give a buff to Celestial Arcanists in terms of raw power (other than greater melding). You instead would have 3 Tier 4 magics. 

Im glad it fascinates you! I'll take that as a compliment! The hope for this addition is to give the subject more tone, lore involvement, and opportunity to interact with the world more. As well as adding RP flavour for not just Arcanists but likely the entire server. Anyone and everyone can technically have access to familiars which provides the server with an entirely new form of magical service akin to enchanting. 

4 hours ago, Sir K Andruske said:

The process of learning has has not been fully declared. It may either be a self-taught process equivalent to learning a new spell(s) but since they are much harder it should take at least a month to grasp/become a Celestial Arcanist. It might also be that it's taught. I haven't decided if it would make sense for the information to spread without rooting first. 

Depending on the Celestial it could be anything from attempted evasion to shielding themselves (perhaps you have something with a shell?) As of right now Celestials have no drive to initiate an attack and are more likely to run and hide when targetted due to simple survival instincts. Most Celestials will be pretty small as well seeing as though you begin to need larger and larger stones if the Celestial is to be medium or large. Larger stones need more mana to maintain. That being said it is not my intention to have them absolutely defenseless. If actively attacked a Celestial is liable to cause collateral damage during its defense. If it has claws perhaps it's claws can cut. The key factor and the way you can tell if a Celestial is being PGed is Celestials won't move to engage physically unless they are engaged on first. They won't give chase or hunt a target. They will defend themselves and their position and remain open to their caster. Do to the nature of this it can appear quite sporadic but simply allows for RP freedom to occur. All familiars will be documented though and the list provided to the MAT for moderation. People really won't be having GIANT lions that go maul people.

The idea is to specialize in Arcanism to the point of mastery. The trade off is an advancement into the subtype but your other magics will never move above Tier 4.  Celestial Arcanists are Celestial Arcanist and though they might have strong abilities in other magics they choose to move beyond their mastery. Though to note this does not give a buff to Celestial Arcanists in terms of raw power (other than greater melding). You instead would have 3 Tier 4 magics. 

Im glad it fascinates you! I'll take that as a compliment! The hope for this addition is to give the subject more tone, lore involvement, and opportunity to interact with the world more. As well as adding RP flavour for not just Arcanists but likely the entire server. Anyone and everyone can technically have access to familiars which provides the server with an entirely new form of magical service akin to enchanting. 

Thanks for the quick answer!

This Lore has been accepted. Moved to Implemented Lore, it will be sorted to it's appropriate category soon.