Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SourDough

[✓] Voidal Feeling

Recommended Posts

On second thought I feel this should go under transfig, maybe you could describe to me how someone who has never enchanted an object inherently suddenly know what it does with this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What makes this a voidal ability? I realise you say 'voidal feeling' but it really just seems like it would work for anything non-voidal, too. Can this be learned by any type of Mage?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Wendigo said:

On second thought I feel this should go under transfig, maybe you could describe to me how someone who has never enchanted an object inherently suddenly know what it does with this?

 assuming you're asking how someone who has never put arcane energies on an object is able to perform the spell, it does not require one to imbue the magical properties, as it does with Transfig. Rather, it involves pushing ones active mana into the object to try tl scrape knowledge.

 

2 hours ago, Mephistophelian said:

What makes this a voidal ability? I realise you say 'voidal feeling' but it really just seems like it would work for anything non-voidal, too. Can this be learned by any type of Mage?

 

Requires a connection to the void to pull on the magical energy within you so you /can/ put the active mana within  the

object, that's why it's called Voidal Feeling.

 

On 10/27/2016 at 1:01 AM, Booklight12 said:

My only 2 questions rn are why is it not possible for one to sense the mana properties of an active spell, not necessarily Illusion per say as would break the magic. But rather a tangible magic such as an evocation, or other form of spell/magical creature. Technically as mages would it not make sense for them to be able to notice when magic that is not directly physical. If not then mages would be rather bland if they cannot even sense other magical things (Excluding objects) around them a voidal node for example. The other question I have is, why not be able to sense magical presence/values of living organisms, something being living makes you unable to perform alteration magics on them due to them always being in a state of flux, but to gather a general understanding of them by using this shouldn't be impossible. I'm liking the ideas of feats but I feel like since this really doesn't add much to make this not needing of an MA and just have it like Magelight where it is possible to learn it on your own as long as you do not powergame and have an accepted MA. And may choose to learn it from a teacher or on your own, basically making it a household magic in a way. Also, a side question I have is Aesthetically really, would it be breaking of lore to perform this appearance wise besides fumes? Just to make it more aesthetically appealing/diverse between people.

 

1. Spells/magical creatures such as golems and atronachs don't have passive mana, thus the knowledge cant be scraped from them.

 

2. Structure is too complex.

 

3. If it's an aesthetic I don't see why not.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, ArcanicFable said:

 assuming you're asking how someone who has never put arcane energies on an object is able to perform the spell, it does not require one to imbue the magical properties, as it does with Transfig. Rather, it involves pushing ones active mana into the object to try tl scrape knowledge.

Okay yeah, but if someone who has never enchanted anything or even used say air evocation how would it suddenly make sense for them to realize 'Oh this is enchanted with a wind gust of great force.' Yes I realize it goes back to the adage of 'magic', but to me it seems like this is something that should go under transfig. Most transfig users use this anyways. Perhaps adding red lines to clarify that the scope of knowledge your character has can only be gleaned from objects.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Accepted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This Lore has been accepted. Moved to Implemented Lore, it will be sorted to it's appropriate category soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...