[✓] [Alchemy] The Draught of Incite

Swgrclan

Just now, Jistuma said:

Quite interesting actually. I would just add at least one drawback from using the potion, as it stands, the drawback is becoming mortal, which is also the objective. Also something to stop repeated use of the potion.

As for a few questions, will ghouls still have to eat/drain lifeforce somehow?

Will darkstalkers still have to obey their master?

Will liches and darkstalkers still be pk'ed when their soul gem is destroyed?

Forgot about Morghuul, I'll be sure to add something to their part.
Darkstalkers must follow their master, even when Incited.

They will. Incited doesn't heal being undead, it makes it more... lively.

Quite amazing work and a wonderful idea, gives undead characters something to strive for.

As always, lore detailed and is well written, +1 on that. But regarding the removal of one of the biggest weakness of undead, that being hurt by holy magic. I'd have to disagree on this and this is from someone with ascended magic that will still hurt them. I'm fine with aurum not working since you now have mortal flesh, but any holy based magic should still work. Even with the potion being nigh impossible to gain, this would make most holy folk useless when their magic is their main way of dealing with undead in the first place. Just my feedback though, have a good day.

1 hour ago, Zamaru42 said:

As always, lore detailed and is well written, +1 on that. But regarding the removal of one of the biggest weakness of undead, that being hurt by holy magic. I'd have to disagree on this and this is from someone with ascended magic that will still hurt them. I'm fine with aurum not working since you now have mortal flesh, but any holy based magic should still work. Even with the potion being nigh impossible to gain, this would make most holy folk useless when their magic is their main way of dealing with undead in the first place. Just my feedback though, have a good day.

The thing is about Incited Undead is that they lose the qualities that make them "undead" until they die again. This means the justification to give them overwhelming weaknesses, such as being shambling immortal creatures, are lost upon regaining their flesh, because they have all those other worries that usual living people have. There's no need to make them even weaker when they're temporarily put back to square one, same as everyone else.

33 minutes ago, Swgrclan said:

The thing is about Incited Undead is that they lose the qualities that make them "undead" until they die again. This means the justification to give them overwhelming weaknesses, such as being shambling immortal creatures, are lost upon regaining their flesh, because they have all those other worries that usual living people have. There's no need to make them even weaker when they're temporarily put back to square one, same as everyone else.

Hmm.. I do see your point, but then we come down to this potion being a shitty version of a potion of immortality that you need to become a undead to use. It sorta removes the flair and risk a character is taking by becoming undead in the first place even if the potion will be nigh impossible to produce anyways. I, personnally would prefer if a system to cure a undead would be put in place. But frankly this is my opinion and I've not interacted enough with undead players to know what they want as you might have. Have a wonderful day swgrclan.

Sorry to say, but I dislike the prospect of the undead being able to reverse the drawbacks of actually being undead. To me it removes the significance and tragedy that is imposed by becoming undead. In any way being able to reverse these drawbacks, even temporarily or in marginally more difficult to accomplish ways, just seems like a cheap way to circumvent the terror of undeath and what it does to people. -1 from me.

Just now, Gladuos said:

Sorry to say, but I dislike the prospect of the undead being able to reverse the drawbacks of actually being undead. To me it removes the significance and tragedy that is imposed by becoming undead. In any way being able to reverse these drawbacks, even temporarily or in marginally more difficult to accomplish ways, just seems like a cheap way to circumvent the terror of undeath and what it does to people. -1 from me.

Fair point, but I say confidentially that the perspective from a sizeable undead playerbase doesn't think a method to regain what seems to be their livelihood is "cheap" or "circumventing". It's actually a very sought after thing, but it is a goal to no end which can stagnate a lot of character interest. For undead involved in becoming at least half of what they were through struggling to get these ingredients for this volatile process for a single potion, the terror of undeath does not decline because the Draught is not a method of permanence. As it is stated several times in the lore, becoming Incited is a mimicry and a falsehood. It is not a cure-all which immediately solves all drawbacks from being decayed and sullen. 

tumblr_nlzzak1GL01u4cmsho1_250.jpg Chugging Estus

This Lore has been accepted. Moved to Implemented Lore, it will be sorted to it's appropriate category soon.