Aurae Sight

Trenchist

Tenderness Regular

Image result for mana aura

Aurae Sight

How

• Aurae Sights are rare phenomenons caused by a malformed soul. In order for a soul to be altered in such way so it effects one’s sight a fetus must be exposed to high amounts of voidal energies for a certain amount of time. In a matter of months after the interaction, the malfunctioning soul effects the sight of the child, and he is able to see vague aurae. When such happens, the child is also mentally limited to practice any voidal magics, as his soul is distorted. It is essential to note that aurae viewer cases are rare, and the majority of those who linger are genetically mutated, therefore it is inherented by generations.

• Examples of such misshapen souls could be a bearer of a child enclosing a voidal node, interaction with a voidal horror, lengthy connection to the void, etc.

What does it look like

• A seer views the physical world as it is, while aura colours are displayed differently - according to the certain aura colour of the conjurer. The aura is presented as a dull colored mist that continuesly escapes the source (spell, organism, etc.) and will fade after the source is off, shapes and objects are still clearly seen, bordered by the faint aura.

• Spells mid-process are seen differently in Aurae Sight:

• Transfiguration: An enchanted object, A ward or a tarnsmutated object mid-process are all generating aura.

• Evocation: All evocation spells generate aura around them.

• Mind Magic and Sensory Illusion: Both the Caster and the Target are generating aura, clear to see illusionary magic is used if experienced.

Progression

• An Aurae Seer’s ability evolves over time, as he studies the aurae:

• Novice: Mostly between teen years and childhood, the eye colour is displayed according to one’s aura colour, one’s pupils are larger than usual, and is still learning the amount of aura certain spells produce and what aura is, the distance that aura is seen is still short.

• Apprentice: A few years later, one’s pupils are decreased in size, his understanding of certain aurae and sources is decent and his capability of viewing aura is increased in distance.

• Adept: One is able to tell many kinds of aura degrees, his pupils are extremely small and sharp while the distance of aurae sight is as far as his eye can reach.

Redlines

• Aurae Sight is a rare phenomenon and temporarily in order to roleplay as an Aura seer one must contact a LM or the Lore creator.

• An Aura Seer is INCAPABLE of learning/practicing Voidal Magics due to the mental effort Aurae Sight taxes and the malformed soul.

• Aurae Sight progress must also be roleplayed (pupils and FoV)

Credits

Triplewing - Ideas and thoughts

Mephistophelian - Ideas and thoughts

Just now, 7II said:

Caster and the Target are generating aura

A little confused by this, in what way is the target generating aura? No mana is being used on their behalf, unless you mean that the mana being used by the caster, can be seen producing aura around them as it works? The target themselves would not be producing aura, though the mana of the caster around them will do.

Just now, 7II said:

tarnsmutated object mid-process are all generating aura.

Another similar query, the object being transmuted shouldn't be producing aura, but the mana being used to transmute it would. If you mean what I'm describing, it would be beneficial just to change these bits of phraseology to let us know that you mean the mana is generating aura, and not the subject of the magic being cast. Otherwise, the concept seems to be a nice addition, something small that people can enjoy; you get a +1 from me in terms of the idea.

So is this just an anomaly in which a to be born is exposed to high voidal energies, and then in the end they can see and sense aura very actively, even more than a mage can, but cannot practice magic due to their soul being afflicted by the Anomaly?

Oooor...?

Edit: Another question, would high voidal energies be considered such as a pregnant woman doing a lot of magical casting during her carrying or would said woman have to literally live close to a rift, or in a hallow?

16 minutes ago, Tox said:

So is this just an anomaly in which a to be born is exposed to high voidal energies, and then in the end they can see and sense aura very actively, even more than a mage can, but cannot practice magic due to their soul being afflicted by the Anomaly?

Oooor...?

Edit: Another question, would high voidal energies be considered such as a pregnant woman doing a lot of magical casting during her carrying or would said woman have to literally live close to a rift, or in a hallow?

- Yes, the child is either progressively effected or being once exposed too critically to the degree his soul is misshaped, and when birthed he can clearly see aura, just like a person can see smoke. The inability to do voidal magics is not caused by the aurae sight, but as another outcome of the twisted soul.

- Like I mentioned above, it can be either an instant strike of these energies which twist the child's soul or progressive. Much like inhaling a certain mushroom dust unnoticably for years and eventually falling critically ill or just eating the mushroom and waiting for the outcome (birth)

Yes yes, this can be used by all parties possible to expose people.

It's aura not aurae.

its also weird that two of the same lore came out at once. It becomes too difficult a play style to allow one to constantly view the aura of the world. People are not obligated to tell you their aura color for one and 85% of the server most likely has never thought about what color they might be or choose. So this seems like it would be more of a chore and thus go unused. However the process in which it is obtained has some decent flavour to it.

What is the goal here? Mage hunting? 

A large concern is that this is a bend around the rules of metagaming specifically for voidal shifting. That subtype can literally only do one thing and to have the ability to see their trajectory makes their magic redundant. Perhaps that is the point but I don't agree that AURA would be spilling from the anchor. At least not until the shift has occurred. 

AURA AURA AURA

10 hours ago, Sir K Andruske said:

It's aura not aurae.

its also weird that two of the same lore came out at once. It becomes too difficult a play style to allow one to constantly view the aura of the world. People are not obligated to tell you their aura color for one and 85% of the server most likely has never thought about what color they might be or choose. So this seems like it would be more of a chore and thus go unused. However the process in which it is obtained has some decent flavour to it.

What is the goal here? Mage hunting? 

A large concern is that this is a bend around the rules of metagaming specifically for voidal shifting. That subtype can literally only do one thing and to have the ability to see their trajectory makes their magic redundant. Perhaps that is the point but I don't agree that AURA would be spilling from the anchor. At least not until the shift has occurred. 

AURA AURA AURA

- Aurae 

https://gyazo.com/665f2fe80fd52824d892580817d935e2

- That is correct, constantly PMing people about their colour is tiring and ruining the taste of it, but it doesn't mean an aura seer has to constantly PM random people he is RPing with, if he isn't a person even worth viewing you could just ignore the ability and continue roleplaying.

- This has a few uses, mage hunting, mood reading, detection of magics, etc.

- I did try reducing the amount of OOC use in this ability but sometimes it's unavoidable and OOC must be used to a certain degree. It'd be fair to remove the Voidal Shifting part as it is quite the only use, thanks for pointing that out.

Aureee

Currently pending and awaiting and final conclusion.

Loads of people never decided what aura color they have. Probably nobody decides it, unless they use arcanism.

The newly accepted Celestialism lore allows for this to essentially be a thing but without the negatives just so you are aware.

Currently Arcanism+Celestialism can:

-Detect magical entities. Any form of mana becomes more apparent to the Celestialism user. How they RP this effect could be similar to this lore.

-Detect the estimated strength (but not the properties as that is voidal feeling) of a spell/magical entities.

-Meld with anyone via contact to discover their aura color AND physically manifest this into spells to show/display to the user.

SO the effect of this lore is possible and with Celestialism I have mostly been going through the learning stage where this is applicable but you don't see the negatives (the inability to learn void magic). Just thought I should point that out. On the Celestialism lore thread this falls under the Celestial Aura and Melding abilities. 

EDIT:

For LMs: People are receiving this type of RP really well so far but I have a very specific system. For the OP the way I RP this is if I am attaining information from someone's characters I make them very aware via PMs and conduct about half my emotes via PMs. Also you never tell another character what to do but rather give them options and use "Perhaps this happens or maybe this happens." Not sure if that will pertain too much to this lore but make sure you don't metagame or force autoforce another character into something! Good luck!