[✗] [Magic][Hou-Zi] Héping de Yíshú, The Art of Peace

Recklez

In terms of a passive art, you could go along with the aikido idea of  only using joint locks and throws to incapacitate your opponent and believing that using actual strikes damages you as a person. As for the use of chi in this lore, you could say that you actually do tap into your own soul's power.

Past lore has implied that the soul's power can be used (arcane magic) but only in a limited way. You could say this limited way of his using chi is to basically make your soul's power to bump the other soul's power, an unusual event that causes the soul to be momentarily confused (outwardly the person could seem dazed). That idea could be interesting as you could say that this technique is useless against other people who have mastered this technique. You might even be able to say that this disruption could be used to propel one's self of off disturbed energy

@Hedgehug

I initially thought that, because the Hou-Zi where experiments of Metzli, their spirits were somehow stronger then those of other races. Causing them to be able to use this stronger spirit like this. But then it would make it so other races cannot fully practice the Art of Peace and that is something I wanted to avoid.

I have read through every single point you made and would love to correct any mistakes I made. I myself do not know the entirity of LotC's lore out of my head so I am sorry for making a few mistakes here and there!

@Master Khen'aum I think this is a very good idea in response to Hedgehug's point. Perhaps a master of the Art will be able to disrupt the soul, daze opponents and the like due to their spirit's energy flow being disrupted by the hits. I think that would suit better! 

Though do you think it's better where as you do draw power from your spirit? Meditating being the only way to regenerate said spirit energy? And yes, every common soul should be able to 'ascend'. But it takes a long ass time to train and strenghten your spirit through meditation, physical training and endurance. That's the whole point. First you start by making your spirit stronger, and then you can use it's power.

6 minutes ago, Recklez said:

Though do you think it's better where as you do draw power from your spirit? Meditating being the only way to regenerate said spirit energy? And yes, every common soul should be able to 'ascend'. But it takes a long ass time to train and strenghten your spirit through meditation, physical training and endurance. That's the whole point. First you start by making your spirit stronger, and then you can use it's power.

Could be seen more like a focusing rather than strengthening, realizing potential, and a then a refocusing once it is realized. Could relate that to the idea of a mortal ascending to become an aengul (I actually have no clue how this works), they realize the power of their soul and are able to maintain that focus on just one thing.

I thought the hozen were manifest destiny chimps who got annihilated by elven cheesers due to not having magic

Hey there! As is the norm with me, I have a few question to ask about your lore that will help me determine my position on it (and, ideally, help the other players and LMs). Hope you don't mind answering them!

What exactly is the 'spirit'? Is it the same spirit that all descendants have, that allows them to use shamanism? If so, does this mean the spirit is essentially the soul of the user of this magic? If the previous statement is true, does this magic essentially allow for the self-manipulation of one's soul?

If this magic is indeed the manipulation of the shamanism-related spirit, how does it affect ghosts? How would a Ish'Urkal/Dark Shaman see the users of this magic/how would the users of this magic appear to them?

How does the user of this magic manipulate their spirit? Does this process take mana? If not, why not?

How does the spirit provide power to the user's body?

Are the limbs of the user strengthened in any way by this magic? If so, how much? If not, why aren't their bones broken when they do a triple-strong punch?

How does Metztli provide power to the individual's spirit?

Is this a deity magic?

Is the worship and representation of Metztli required to use this magic (as Xan Holy Mages do to Xan or as Muun priests do to Metztli)? If not, why must one adhere to strict rules if it is an innate ability? If not, why can't someone practice other magics along with this magic?

If it is a deity magic, does it adhere to the rule that abusers of the magic must be sought out by the other users of the magic and not simply torn from their connection? If not, why not?

What are the exact abilities of this magic (you seem rather vague in your explanations, so it'd be nice to have a small list)? e.g. Increased strength, increased durability, faster healing, etc.

What if a necromancer were to taint the body of a user of this magic? Since taint can't be healed normally, would they be able to heal it?

What happens if a user of this magic does not take care of their physical body?

What happens if one of these users is spirit-smithed by a dark shaman?

If a user of this magic incapacitates but does not kill someone, then allows this person to die, will they be untethered? If so, are they forced to defend all people who are about to be killed?

If a user of this magic hurts someone and they bleed out moments/hours later, will this cause them to be untethered? If not, why not? If so, why is it not like that? If there is a time limit to it, what decides this limit?

I will probably have more questions later, I'm afraid. Either way, I look forward to your reply!

Currently pending and awaiting and final conclusion.

Denied, unbalanced in its abilities which can cause major issues and also needs more defining in both progression and the extent of what it can do. I've elaborated on this in a message which should have been sent to you by Leo, if this was not the case then please send me a forum PM and I'll send it your way again.