-Removed sub-species claim

-Added Language

-Updated Age

-Updated Reproduction

9f2560590a4d7c6aede44961387fa39e-d5manr5.jpg

The Satyr

Other Names: Faun

Origins:

Satyrs are half-goat or ram half-human. They have genders, both male and female of course.   The entire origins of the Satyr are unknown, although most believe they are infact natives of Axios on it's own. Created by the Aspects to watch over the many biomes of the Isles of Axios. With the four main bloodlines, Thorn, Clover, Ivy and Oak. The Thorns ruled the mountains of Tahn. The Clovers moved to the great forests of Malin. The Oak moved to the grassy plains of Tahn where they could roam freely. And the Ivy moved to Asul, living in the marshes. Upon the descendants' arrival most Satyr went into hiding. Fearing to be looked upon, or hated by them. Although over time this changed. Soon they began edging nearer to cities. The most notable place they were attracted to was the druid grove. Seeing as how they could use plants and animals and preserve Nature, the Satyr having felt the need to protect their home had tried to learn druidism, some became dedicants while others did not. They decided to stick to their old ways and simply live as though the descendants did not arrive. Although some still wonder how the Satyr were created... and that is a mystery that may never be solved.

Physical Description:

Satyrs look to be half-goat/ram and half-human. They have horns that can twist and curl or can be straight. Their bottom halves are also those of a goat or ram. They stand up to 7’ at the most, many have a muscular build developed from living in the wild and off the land.

Subraces/Bloodlines:

Thorn:

The Thorn bloodline had grown tall and muscular, with most males standing up to 6’5, their horns grew curved like a ram’s, combined with a short-temper and a feeling of having to be the dominant one they often fight each other. Most of the Thorn Satyr’s personalities are brave, adventurous and alcoholic, like the rest of their kin.

Clover:

These smaller Satyr often grow up to 5’6, having pale skin and antlers instead of horns, they resemble that of a Moose. They are often shy when meeting new people, although they’d never turn down a drink.

Ivy:

The Ivy are normally found covered in vines or moss. They mostly use them as clothes or they just walk through vines or moss and some of it gets on them. They stand at an average of 6’3, their horns are straight and resemble that of a goat’s. Ivy Satyr are mainly secretive, although they love a good challenge.

Oak:

The Oak Satyr tend to be tan, most standing at 6’7 with horns that resemble those of a bull’s, straight and sharp. They’re normally a bit lazy, often found taking a nap or sleeping, they have a short-temper and are especially dangerous. They have a special curiosity for druidism, seeing as how it affects nature itself.

Reproduction:

Satyr mainly reproduce with themselves, although if one were to mate with a non-satyr, such as that of a human, dwarf, elf, orc, and halfling the child would always be a Satyr. Any other race would not produce a child sadly.   A Satyr’s Gestation lasts for 6 months at the least, with a single child more common than twins. If two different Satyr bloodlines mated, they have a very rare chance of making a new bloodline (After rolling for pregnancy they'd roll again, if they roll the same number they make a new bloodline and it is up to the parents of said child to customize it as they see fit).

9bde68bf8e26ab49.jpg

Lifespan:

Satyr often live up to almost as long as an Elf. Although they max at 800 the oldest Satyr recorded having been 789 years old. As Satyr age they grow more like their counterpart. Like a Thorn would slowly look more like a Ram as they grow older. Except bipedal. 

Language:

The Satyr Language *Based on Greek*

Satyr: Satyros (Satyrs: Satyroi)

No: Onchi

Yes: Nai

Dwarf: Nanos

Elf: Afti

Human: Anthropinas

Orc: Varvaros

Halfling: Misos

May the forests be upon you: Boroun ta dasi na eini epano sas

May the forests be upon you as well (Response): Boroun ta dasi na eini epano sas episis

Dwell in the wood: Statho sto xylo, to spíiti olon.

Wife/Husband - Paragogos

Who are you?: Poisos eisa?

Let's go: As taxidepsei (Literal translation is Let us travel)

Hello /Good morning: Kalimera

Goodbye: Antio

Good night: Kalinychta

Nature: Fysi

Plant: Fyto

Druid: Fytoagori (Literal translation is Plant boy)

Friend: Filos

Foe: Echthros

Death/Kill/Dead: Skotono

Undead: Naiskotono

Slaughter/Mass death: Thanskatono

Sword: Spathi

Axe: Tsekouri

Spear: Dori

Hammer: Syfri

War: Polemus

Bow and arrow: Toxo

Thank you: Efcharisto

Welcome: Kalosorima

Good: Kala

((These are meant to be a CA race.))

Just now, Jaeden said:

91d6f211fb00f502c10363f1cb3a19da.jpg

I JUST WATCHED NARNIA LAST NIGHT OMG, MR TUMMINS!

Gotta love this **** Reminds me of D&D with the subraces in the Race +1

Just now, Jaeden said:

I love Mr Tummins. I need to rewatch that movie..
Though I was going to edit my initial post, I'll just instead put my feedback here.

It's well written, and informative. I personally think it can be expanded upon through time; but for now I'd love the implementation of these creatures as playable. It'd add some extra diverse roleplay, much like how Cervitaurs did upon their first six or so months when they were added.

+1

I need to rewatch the second one... and tanks! For so long I've tried to make Satyr Lore, then I asked for help from a friend and she told me to write it as a subrace. And so I did.

Sure.

+1 Or whatever.

I was totally not told to do this.. b-baka!

9b3d1043ed6718650cc4a3b3616a3706.jpg

+1

+1

Just now, _Jandy_ said:

How did they come into existence? I do not understand...

I guess evolution 

Just now, _Jandy_ said:

How did they come into existence? I do not understand...

Subspecies of Cervitaur...

Look yo I really like this lore and all but I have to make a note here. A few, in fact. A few things I feel are missing...

1. No "faun"-style satyr, if that makes sense. They're all 5'6 or above. I get that there are different ways of envisioning mythical creatures, but my vision isn't portrayed here at all! You aren't playing into my entitlement! I always see satyr as, of course, big hairy goat men... But then also some little hairy goat men with flutes flutes 'n crap as well! Like, three to four feet tall, sittin' on a stump. Where's the little goat-people?

2. You don't specifically mention whether they have the same connection to nature that cervitaur have. Even if they do and it's obvious, it'd help to get it out there clearly.

3. If they do or don't have a natural attunement notwithstanding, you're vague on if they would actually be able to get anywhere if they learned Druidism (Or some other magic, since it's apparently a natural curiosity to them. Not complaining, yo.) Not that I'm against letting people who can't actually be attuned go through dedicancy. That was a whole IC argument.

Honestly, I think cervitaur being unable to do so is kinda dumb. I mean, they have a natural connection, yeah, but if they have a soul and the capacity to learn, why wouldn't they be able to get connected even more? 'Cause creatures can't have magic or something I guess.

4. Not really a "flaw", just a suggestion. Perhaps include some proposition of them being native to Axios or something so we don't have to explain why this fey creature suddenly came out of nowhere when the Druids should have probably known about them for a long time. Some kind of Axios species of Cervitaur-like creature, yo! Like the difference between a mountain lion and a regular lion.

EDIT: Oh also +1, and I found this because it was linked in the Drood chat! The Druids are definitely into this, from what I saw.

okay so if youre going to make satyr, dont claim these ones to be a subspecies of cervitaur. It doesn't even seem like you've read the cervitaur lore from what Ive seen on this post. 

itd be neat to have satyrs though.

Gonna admit, I don't know crap about Cervitaurs, so I have no idea how accurate this is in that regard. 

But, this looks like they would be very fun to roleplay (now all I can think about is Mr. Tumnus, thanks @Jaeden) and from what you've got here it looks like they would integrate quite nicely into existing lore and culture (i.e. druids, welves). I think you should develop backstory and reasoning behind this, and you'd have something really solid. 

+1