[Shelved][✓] [Lore] Spriggans - Druidic Familiars

WuHanXianShi14

Spriggans - Druidic Familiars

-mrizqXla4pViRRb2BTckFoLToMKbl8ZQCaHSk2UJC6DUPWHET14c4G9uaFNjQx5ijBC4OtM70ZbnqBnQojvumnZATZJbXfmkaSATAdkFdK-lHlpOFWf1gJFn02WFK0FsivzM7uc

Overview

Spriggans are beings made entirely of wood and deific energy. They operate much like dryads, in the sense that they are eternally bound to a tree by soul and spirit. The similarities end there, however. Spriggans are not entirely sentient creatures, they are more akin to golems or atronachs in intelligence. Their creation is blessed by the Aspects, and they are tasked with the soul purpose to defend the natural ecosystem around their tree. This is usually in areas sacred to the Aspects, such as druidic groves and shrines.

Summoning

Spriggans are born from trees that have been directly been blessed by the Aspects, these trees often have some form of significance, usually being located in sacred areas like druid groves. They are known as a Spriggan’s sleeping tree. It is then up to a druid to commune with these sleeping trees and ‘awaken’ the spriggan inside.

Sleeping Trees

It is entirely up to the Aspects which trees are turned into sleeping trees, capable of awakening a Spriggan. The Aspects, of their own volition, will often transform trees into sleeping trees in sacred areas such as druid groves.

However, druids can influence the Aenguls’ decision by performing a ritual of blood. The power of a druid’s blood has the potential to draw the Aspect’s attention. A druid must simply bloodlet upon the tree they wish to turn into a sleeping tree, then perform a full day of meditation under said tree. If he is lucky, the Aspects will accept his offering and turn that tree into a sleeping tree. With this principle, any tree has the potential to be turned into a tree which can summon spriggans.

Summoning Process

While communing with the sleeping tree, the druid lends their strength into pouring the druidic energy needed to power the spriggan, this can be very draining to the druid, depending on how advanced they are in the magic. The spriggan will literally grow out of the tree’s trunk until it is fully formed and ready to operate.

Notes:

• Spriggans can only be summoned out of specific, individual trees which will be designated by the LT. They’ll most likely be in druid-heavy areas like the mother circle grove, and Linandria.

• Druids may perform the blood offering ritual to try to ‘activate’ other trees to become spriggan spawning trees. However, this will only have a 30% success rate (Determined by rolls), can only be done once every three days per druid.

• Spriggans may only be summoned alone by T4 druids and above. However, three or more T2-3 druids can powershare together to summon one with their combined efforts.

• Summoning a spriggan takes detailed 4-5 emotes to do. It’s a fairly lengthy process which leaves a druid vulnerable while they do it.

Purpose

Spriggans are specially blessed guardians of areas sacred to the Aspects. This means that the sleeping trees they are summoned from only grow in these types of places. A spriggan’s only purpose is to serve as a protector of these sacred areas of nature and fight off all who threaten it. However, this means that a spriggan is unable to leave its domain. Much like a dryad is bound to its tree, so is a Spriggan. A spriggan tasked to defend a druidic grove, for example, will not be able to leave that grove.

Spriggans are under the command of whichever druid awakens them. They will do as that druid tells them to do, and attack who that druid tells them to attack. However, Spriggans will not carry out any order which will bring wanton harm to nature. A druid ordering a spriggan to attack plant life or wild animals of nature will find his orders falling on deaf ears. Anything un-natural, like monsters and undead are fair game, as well as Descendant races.

Notes:

• Spriggans are restricted to a 300 block radius of their sleeping tree. They dissipate if they venture further beyond and their essence is returned to their tree, and must be reawoken by a druid.

• Because they are created directly by the Aspects, Spriggans will not attack anything belonging to nature (including druids) under any circumstance. Descendents and anything un-natural are viable targets, however.

Abilities

http://i.imgur.com/n2jRR7I.gif

Spriggan powers are more or less Groot powers, basically.

Limb Extension

In combat, Spriggans possess the ability to extend and retract their branch like limbs to a deadly degree, like how a druid can control plants, except spriggans do it exclusively with their own bodies. They are able to sharpen their wooden appendages and shoot out their limbs like pillars to impale their opponents, or grow them outwards to coil around and tie them up.

• A spriggan can harden his limbs and shoot them outwards with a force similar to a harpoon gun. The range for this will be anything within three (3) blocks.

• A spriggan can grow out its limbs to serve as a way to tie up or entangle opponents. It can grow out its limbs a total of five (5) blocks away from itself.

Fire-Resistant

It takes a lot to burn a spriggan, as the wood they are made of is both living and enchanted. It would take a large, concentrated amount of fire to successfully set a Spriggan aflame. Something which could be accomplished by a veteran pyromancer or anyone wielding equivalent power. Simply throwing a torch at it won't do the trick.

Regeneration

Spriggans are capable of regenerating any limbs they lose in combat. Albeit this is not instantaneous. Naturally, the larger the body part lost, the longer it takes to regrow. Additionally, Spriggans cannot regenerate while being actively attacked by someone.

Spore Expulsion

Spriggans are capable of growing flowers with poisonous properties on their bodies. These render them capable of shooting various effect spores at their opponents which can have the following effects:

• Paralysis - A spriggan's paralysis spore is capable of causing spasms within an opponents muscles, specifically their smaller appendages hands, arms, and feet. Paralysis spore doesn't fully make an opponent unable to move, but it disrupts their nervous system significantly.

• Poison - A spriggan's poison spore is a venomous substance which seeps in through bodily orifices. Once shot at an opponent, it must enter through the mouth, nose or eyes to have an effect. Spriggan poison causes internal organ failure within an IRL day. It is not an instantaneous effect.

• Sleep - A spriggan's sleep spore does just what its name suggests. However, it isn't instant knockout gas. The opponent needs to inhale the spore into his lungs before its effects take place, and it will take around 15 minutes or so (Or 4-5 emotes) for the opponent to fully fall asleep.

All spriggan spores have the secondary effect of blinding if thrown in an opponents eyes, as it is basically the same thing as throwing sand in someone's face.

All spriggan spores are area of effect spells. The spores spread across the air in the general area and will affect anyone in a 10 block radius, friend or foe. This makes spriggan spores effectively useless in any melee fight.

Weaknesses

The Core

In the center of every spriggan’s chest is the physical center of its druidic energy, i.e the thing which keeps it powered. If the core is struck at, the Spriggan will dissipate and its essence will return to its sleeping tree. However, the core is shielded by a tight weave of roots which opponents will need to slash through to access. Some gaps are wide enough that a well placed arrow would be able to pass through and strike at the core.

NOTE: Necromancers can drain the lifeforce of a Spriggan. However, it will only immobilize the part of the spriggan's body the necromancer is touching. (I.e if draining from the spriggans' arm, only the arm will become useless). However, if the Spriggan's core is exposed through physical means (hacking through its wooden chest), it can be drained from there, and will die quite quickly.

Wdpxhu41DAEIg33UKHd1OmJuGMgLTnFKgGqvHjq0iAcLPji4s6RERu5rgYMqtRWYqEMXbXsniEuhnIaiR5j_n0DTNDxBY57Lf2pAL2BJy6__TXKncaAh_UO4AoiuT1t2TOLcbmEE

The glowing mass behind this spriggan’s protected chest is where one must strike to deactivate it.

Magic Flame

Spriggans are resistant to normal fire. However, much like elderwood, they are more susceptible to un-natural flames. Fire from arcane pyromancers or Nephilim/Azdrazi will set alight a Spriggan with relative ease and render it useless.

Behaviour

Spriggans are non-sentient creatures. They exist as the druidic equivalent to arcane atronachs and golems. Being creatures enchanted by the Aspects, they exist only to fulfill their mandate to protect the nature of their appointed area. However, Spriggans are capable of awakening themselves to wander around their grove as a patrolling guardian. They may show some signs of sentience. Spriggans seem to instinctively treat favourable those who respect and protect their grove. They may grow flowers off their own body and present them to people as a gift.

• Spriggans are not capable of speech. They express their limited emotions through wood-like creaks and groans.

• Spriggans will always prioritize the orders given to it by the druid who awakens it from its sleeping tree.

• If a Spriggan is awoken, but is given no orders, it will instinctively attack anything inherently unnatural in its sight. (I.e, the undead, arcane creatures, golems).

• If a spriggan is awoken from its sleeping tree, then the druid who awakens it will always be priority which the spriggan unfailingly obeys over all, although other druids can control it as well.

• If a spriggan awakens itself to roam its grove, any druid can give it orders, if multiple druids give it orders at the same time, the highest tier druid's orders win out.

• It is possible for Spriggans to grow Tiva Lines (flower language) on its body as a form of communication. Tiva is an ancient wood elven language that involves reading flower lines, although few modern wood elves are fluent in it.

MC Mechanics

Spriggans should be given the construct nexus race buff in terms of PVP mechanics.

Red Lines

• Spriggans cannot be taller than 8ft.

• Spriggans have limited free will. They must attempt to fight off anything voidal or undead in nature in its presence, unless ordered to stop by a druid. They can never do anything to harm nature, even if it results in their own death.

• Spriggans may not go anywhere beyond 300 blocks of its sleeping tree.

• Spriggans may only be summoned once per IRL day.

• A Spriggans’ core must always be possible to access and strike at. There must be gaps in its chest or some form of exploitable weakness which allows people to get to the core.

• Spriggans are not capable of controlling the plants and animals around it like a druid could. They are only capable of manipulating the wood of their own body.

• There can never be more than 10 Sleeping trees in existence. (i.e. only a maximum of ten places on the map can spawn spriggans)

• Spriggans must have a player playing them. You can’t just summon one in RP and RP like an extension of your own character’s combat abilities. It needs to be another player controlling them

This looks pretty good.

@Calioos please force me to play a wood golem.

I really like it so you get my blus juan, but the only question I have is depending on the tree that the spriggan is awoken from, does that affect the type it is? For example, if a iron wood tree was marked as one of the trees you may summon the spriggan from, would it share the pros and cons of that kind of wood?

I'd love to be one of these. 

Just now, 吳憾戰士14 said:

I'm a druid, watchu on about

Since when were you attuned!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Well, I don't see any redlines regarding FTB, so it has my support +1 

All memes aside, I do quite enjoy this lore. It was a good read and I could see it providing some interesting RP.

Just now, 吳憾戰士14 said:

Is this a meme or something, maybe the joke is flying way over my head, you do know I'm Leo right

It's okay Leo, we all have moments of insanity, but you wouldn't understand that unless you were a druid... Maybe you should wait atleast a week after being attuned, then you may realize this (:

This all looks pretty cool, so there's nothing in particular I feel really needs specific praise- +1, definitely. However, there's like... Two things I don't know about.

Why such a specific block radius? If they're born in a grove, their restriction should be the grove, however if it's a specific radius then it could be their leash only goes halfway into the grove, and the rest is in the middle of the woods. If they tried to actually be useful in cases of emergencies, they would just dissipate. I get the restriction if they bloomed out in the middle of nowhere or somewhere without actual druids, but I feel like logically if they normally require a high-druid area to be born, their tethers would be a little more flexible in allowing them to wander around that area. Y'know, the area they were meant to protect. The area buzzing with the energy that keeps them alive.

The other thing I don't know about is... Why spores? Why not pollen? They're tree things, right? And the poisonous part is the flower? Trees and flowers make pollen, not spores. Pollen can be poisonous, it's just we don't really have many examples of it in real life other than minor allergies or irritation. I don't mind poisonous creatures, but I'm weirded out by them making spores from flowers instead of pollen. Granted, one problem with that is that flowers don't really actively spread pollen, they rely on outside bodies to do it for them. But that can be fixed with a little fantasy element, saying their flowers shake and dislodge pollen all over or something. Or just ignoring the fact that flowers don't normally expunge pollen, since we live in a world with literal magic. Spores, though? Not cool in my book, no sir!