[Shelved][✓] [Lore] Spriggans - Druidic Familiars

WuHanXianShi14

Just now, Gladuos said:

Oh, does this mean there's only one spriggan per sleeping tree? I think after reading the lore I had misunderstood. I thought one was able to summon spriggans from a sleeping tree indefinitely, not that maybe there was only one per tree? I also thought that after summoning one, that spriggan specifically existed and would thus be commandable by a single druid pretty much forever? Unless that is true? Heck.

Yes, they're like dryads. Only one per tree. Also your second question is answered in the post:

• If a spriggan is awoken from its sleeping tree, then the druid who awakens it will always be priority which the spriggan unfailingly obeys over all, although other druids can control it as well.

• If a spriggan awakens itself to roam its grove, any druid can give it orders, if multiple druids give it orders at the same time, the highest tier druid's orders win out.

Okay, so based on this, 'summoning' is only a mechanic as to prevent the spriggans randomly going online when the sleeping tree/grove/whatever is under attack to help, but requires putting time and effort into bringing them forth? Next to that, does this mean that the druid the spriggan takes priority on is constantly changing depending on who decided to summon them this time around?

That's pretty much is, yes. And no, it doesnt require constant energy to control a spriggan. The draining process is just the summoning ritual. After that, you're just giving it orders like an impera orders a golem

So does this happen every time they die or just if they exit the border of their sleeping tree radius?

Every time they die

Just now, 吳憾戰士14 said:

And no, it doesnt require constant energy to control a spriggan. The draining process is just the summoning ritual. After that, you're just giving it orders like an impera orders a golem

Oh good, because that's what I thought was the case.

I think I may be getting my words jumbled up here, so I'll just try to re-state what I think the case is. So a druid (or multiple) spend time doing a ritual to turn a tree into a sleeping tree, and once that is created, there is only one spriggan inside. This spriggan may exit the tree whenever it likes, and once doing so, it will take orders from any druid (more experienced/higher tiered druids taking priority) or otherwise protect nature the best it sees fit. It can also be 'summoned', which is asking it to leave the tree, which takes time and energy to do, but once finished it will require no extra expenditure of energy/effort. After this, it will take priority on whatever druid asked it to leave the tree this time around?

I think I was confused because I was interpreting 'summon' as 'create' much like how a golemancer would create a golem, and thus that golem would listen to that golemancer for the rest of its existence. And I may have also misinterpreted it by thinking the sleeping tree could create more than one spriggan, basically making it analogous to something like the old 'golem anvil' or whatever it was called.

Just now, Gladuos said:

Oh good, because that's what I thought was the case.

I think I may be getting my words jumbled up here, so I'll just try to re-state what I think the case is. So a druid (or multiple) spend time doing a ritual to turn a tree into a sleeping tree, and once that is created, there is only one spriggan inside. This spriggan may exit the tree whenever it likes, and once doing so, it will take orders from any druid (more experienced/higher tiered druids taking priority) or otherwise protect nature the best it sees fit. It can also be 'summoned', which is asking it to leave the tree, which takes time and energy to do, but once finished it will require no extra expenditure of energy/effort. After this, it will take priority on whatever druid asked it to leave the tree this time around?

I think I was confused because I was interpreting 'summon' as 'create' much like how a golemancer would create a golem, and thus that golem would listen to that golemancer for the rest of its existence. And I may have also misinterpreted it by thinking the sleeping tree could create more than one spriggan, basically making it analogous to something like the old 'golem anvil' or whatever it was called.

Yep, you got it. That's pretty much it

Other than that, you can easily just say that they have a certain amount of personality beyond simple robot servant. Groot is pretty darned great personality-wise, and these guys don't seem terribly different. You can have it that way and make it so that they just simply cannot refuse orders from a druid, being bound to the Aspects and druidic energy, they are compelled to serve the Aspects' chosen followers. Nothing about that prevents them from being charismatic. Not to mention they are creations of Nature, Nature is fairly disorderly, you'd imagine its protectors to imitate that personality-wise rather than being bland rigid robot-servants. Just my suggestion in that regard.

EDIT: I realize a lot of the time in previous construct lores the charisma was removed in favor of robot-like personality as to help explain why they lack the creativity to do complicated tasks (like build a mansion), but I'd like to refute that by saying charisma does not equal intelligence. You can be a pretty darn charming, funny, etc. character without being intelligent. This is fairly obvious with the implementation of expansions in soulbound golems and atronachs eventually being able to develop personality nowadays.

I personally have no issue with the abilities. They aren't that different from similar creatures. Ents are an entirely different thing, and really don't have anything to do with this lore. 

This lore has been added to this weeks loremag.

Expect a decision within a week from this post.

This Lore has been accepted. Moved to Implemented Lore, it will be sorted to it's appropriate category soon.

Lore has been shelved and moved to the appropriate subforum. This is part of our movement to shelve creatures that are either inactive or have been deemed unnecessary/problematic. This is a soft shelf and people with a CA will still be able to play their character, however no new creatures tied to this lore may be created. If you have questions about why this specific lore has been shelved, please contact me via forum PM or over discord at Flamboyant#8856