Battle of the Gray Peninsula

Thatpyrodude

Battle of The Gray Peninsula

“The Orc’s of Azaghol have, since their creation, have existed peacefully as residents within the Grand Kingdom. They are a officiated landowners of the Grand Kingdom of Urguan and have been since before the treaty of the Northern union was conceived. They have lived within the lands of Urguan since before the Condemnation of the Orcish race was issued.”

“What did you say,  Chamberlain?”

“Merely reading out what Grand King Torvin has penned to us in response to the Union Proclamation, your Imperial Highness.”

The court rumbled with ominous silence after this brief exchange between Chamberlain Stephen De Beaufort and the Emperor Philip I Frederick. The Emperor gazed across the crowd, all the Lords, Barons and Princes gathered. He addressed the general crowd.

“What do you lot make of this?”

Prince Artimec, the cinnamon skinned wood elf rose from his seat.

“If I may…”

He was waived to go on.

“We have had a few incursions of orcs upon our territory in the Dominion. All dealt with, naturally. These incursions have involved attempted slavery, banditry and general delinquency. In response to this, I have sent scouts to the former Uzglands, to ensure no orcish peoples remain there, none do. I also sent scouts north of Sutica to that squatters camp of their Shamanic hexers. Only their Shamans live there, and none other. The orcs I spoke of before were not shamans. While I do not relish the idea of another world war, I can only conclude that the orcs who have attacked Dominion land are the orcs who live in Azaghol, and furthermore, are the very same orcs who fought against us in the Uzg, and blighted Vailor.”

The Emperor nodded. “Very good, Prince Artimec.”

As Artimec returned to his seat, the Emperor rose to his feet. His voice echoed across the imperial courtroom.

“My sources have told me much of the same. The idea that the orcs hiding within the dwarven mountains are any different than the ones we have fought in the past is ridiculous! These are the very same beasts whose blighted magics forced us off of Vailor, the very same beasts who practice slavery and banditry as core, integral parts of their culture. The very same beasts who allied with the Southern Axis to destroy our Empire!”

The Emperor clenches his fist into his palm as if mimicking the crushing of a bug.

“And now they have a home once more? A base in which they can grow their numbers, smith new weapons, create new fortifications so they may once more become a blight upon our lands? I shall not allow that, good men of the Empire. I will not see a plague of slavery and banditry sweep onto our lands once more! In the name of GOD, I must declare war.”

The gentry rose up from their seats, a chorus of chants fills the room.

“Ave Orenia!”

“Death to orcs!”

WARCLAIM

Tier Chosen: 1

Type of battle: Skirmish

Date And Time: Saturday, December 3rd, 3 PM EST

Side A: Holy Orenian Empire and Allies

Side B: Tribelands of Azaghol and Allies

Land just behind the mountain, skrim in the surrounding desert
Spoiler

229f9e3ab9.png

Overarching area with aerial view

Spoiler

2d01c1443a.png

Terms of Victory

VICTORY FOR ATTACKERS-

If the defenders are killed or driven from the field of battle.

VICTORY FOR DEFENDERS-

Attacking forces are killed or driven from the field of battle.

Upon Victory For...

Side A: Oren can move onto a siege if they wish.

Side B: A counter-attack can be declared

Oren cannot launch another offensive campaign on Azaghol for two weeks

Rules

-No status switching.

-No golden apples.

-If the defenders  do not show to their side of the warclaim, they implicitly forfeit and attackers are allowed to determine the next battle on a time of their sole preference.

-TNT disabled.

"**** off." thought the current highest leader of the Orcs of Azaghol.

I am present, is there a current war chat existing I am sure there are many things that must be discussed.

The Orcs have received statements from the Admins (namely Dohvi and Ever) that the battle has been called off by Admin decision, but they haven't posted anything yet despite saying they were just about to for the past 48 hours. We strongly suggested that they hurry up with this to avoid wasting people's time on either side, but as the warclaim's just a few hours away I feel compelled to ask them to publically confirm this now.

I spent 3 or 4 hours last night (attempting) discussing this with a few people: @Pyro™, @Tsuyose, @Marijuanaology. I want to interfere with roleplay as little as possible hence why I tried to get both sides to agree to some sort of terms. The justifications for this battle are murky at best and it seems to be dripping with OOC intentions are both sides. In any case, if a battle DOES take place, it will never reach the conquest stage. I'm explicitly denying that portion right now. Again, I want to interfere with roleplay as little as possible, but there's not a single good thing that will come of it. Fracturing an already dead playerbase further while forcing them to once again find a new place to settle will only harm the way player's interact with each other more and more. All land that has been conquered via warclaim so far has sat empty and untouched for months and I'm not going to allow a repeat of that. Roleplay should be fun for both sides, at least to an extent. Would appreciate it if Pyro and Humanistic touched bases with me as soon as possible.