How not to edge:A complete guide on not being cringy

Captain Rex

There's nothing I don't hate more than the edgy characters of Lord of The Craft. It ruins role-play, but it also makes me laugh.

Here are some rules not to be edgy

1.Don't be an assassin...

2.Don't base your character on anime you fricking weeb

3.Don't ever make a generic, namebrand character, unique is key.

4.Never ever make a stupid backstory, or give yourself a cringe filled backstory.

5.Never be that run of the mill hero, it's much more fun to be a normal peasant going through normal life, it provides challenges and occasional battles and struggles.

Finally, the examples

Example 1: Name:Kirito(NEVER EVER DO THIS) Race:Wood Elf(Really, it doesn't even match the right race, but wood elves are usually fun. Age:16(The hell you wanna be under 18 for mate, other than playing a child)

Example 2: Name:Dark Ranger Adam(This is a stupid title, as those without titles are most likely better than you.) Race:Dark Elf(Really, the name doesn't even match the race) Age:13(The...nevermind)

An acceptable character:

Name: William Gawn

Race:Heartlander

Backstory:(I am not doing this...)

Good tools to use:

http://fantasynamegenerators.com/ : Really helps you come up with some really original names, really good tool!

http://www.planetminecraft.com/ :Some really good skins if you look hard enough

https://www.clorox.com/ :For all you weaboos to use.

Don't have a signature like mine either

Fresh off the boat, from reddit, kid? heh I remember when I was just like you. Braindead. Lemme give you a tip so you can make it in this cyber sanctuary: never make jokes like that. You got no reputation here, you got no name, you got jackshit here. It's survival of the fittest and you ain't gonna survive long on 4chan by saying stupid jokes that your little hugbox cuntsucking reddit friends would upboat. None of that here. You don't upboat. You don't downboat. This ain't reddit, kid. This is 4chan. We have REAL intellectual discussion, something I don't think you're all that familiar with. You don't like it, you can hit the bricks on over to imgur, you daily show watching son of a *****. I hope you don't tho. I hope you stay here and learn our ways. Things are different here, unlike any other place that the light of internet pop culture reaches. You can be anything here. Me ? heh, I'm a judge.. this place.... this place has a lot to offer... heh you'll see, kid . . . that is if you can handle it.

Hummm... I wonder what level of irony there is in being an avid minecraft roleplayer yet still calling others out on being "cringe-y"... 

Just now, Gucko said:

Fresh off the boat, from reddit, kid? heh I remember when I was just like you. Braindead. Lemme give you a tip so you can make it in this cyber sanctuary: never make jokes like that. You got no reputation here, you got no name, you got jackshit here. It's survival of the fittest and you ain't gonna survive long on 4chan by saying stupid jokes that your little hugbox cuntsucking reddit friends would upboat. None of that here. You don't upboat. You don't downboat. This ain't reddit, kid. This is 4chan. We have REAL intellectual discussion, something I don't think you're all that familiar with. You don't like it, you can hit the bricks on over to imgur, you daily show watching son of a *****. I hope you don't tho. I hope you stay here and learn our ways. Things are different here, unlike any other place that the light of internet pop culture reaches. You can be anything here. Me ? heh, I'm a judge.. this place.... this place has a lot to offer... heh you'll see, kid . . . that is if you can handle it.

wow bro really laughing at this one

3 minutes ago, Captain Rex said:

3.Don't ever make a generic... character

5.it's much more fun to be a normal peasant going through normal life

Hi, while wholeheartidly agree that care and quality will lead to greater appreciation for your roleplay I don't think we should outright discourage people from being weeaboos. Those weeaboos are likely going to cause a ruckus and a ruckus creates activity. 

"Hey remember that weeaboos? What weirdo." 

LOTC needs its weirdos too. 

However weirdos can be grounded in LOTC's reality. Want to play an assassin? Why create an assassin in a world you don't know? What if you start as a normal guy but experience great tragedy in-game? Or perhaps are killed and become broken mentality or get in with the wrong crowd. Without having a focus, one that doesn't have to do with character building but rather creating an effect on the world, your RP will lack the luster you desire. 

No no matter what level of weeaboo you are (stage 5 is likely where you meet dedliest wariors and the like) if you are committed to bringing quality RP to others then don't expect people to respect you.

Also to make things clear I don't see much of a difference between an edgy assassin and a human knight who calls PvP or one-shot emotes everyone. A character is a character, some easier to understand or like, but what you do & what your actions are as a role player will determine your value to the server's community as a whole.

Oh hey, it's the assassin that tried to kill my character. Nice post.

Didnt you make an assasin guild not  long ago using assasin's creed skins for uniforms?