[✗] Merge Lutauman and Farseer already.

HedgeHug

Read the Post first. Then vote  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Should Farseeng and Lutauman merge? yay or nae?

• Yay
    • Nae

- I wrote an entire page, took me 30 minutes and the double authentication fucked me over and deleted all of it, so I'll keep it brief - 

As it stands now the following is depicted:

Farseer is a shamanic subtype that revolves around blessing others, healing others and ones self and has access to the Immortal and Ancestral Spirit realms.

Lutauman is a shamanic subtype that revolves around blessing ones self and has access to the Ancestral and immortal Spirit realms.

Why?

I always thought a the Lutauman had a monopoly on their connection to the Stargush'Stroh, this being balanced by the fact they could not access another spirit realm.

However, this is not the case as apparently the Farseer also shares this access. The only standing difference is the healing aspect of Farseeing, and the limitation to only bless ones self as a Lutauman.

Why now?

Farseeing is a dead magic, bluntly put. There is only 1 user of the magic alive, and thus the only one capable of teaching. There was a second way of learning it through Phaedrus. But with Cosmicwhaleshark on hiatus this is an issue. The only Farseer is too inactive to teach the magic. Currently there are enough Lutaumen around to do the rp they need. The main thing about it being that the users are available, active and teaching ability at hand.

A merge will revive Farseeing from its current state and simplify things overall.

How?

So the two magics merge, now what? Simply put the Lutauman and Farseeing magic become one under the name of Farseeing. This because Farseeing already has all the aspects of Lutaumancy in it. The main things that will change are the following:

- New Farseers keep their ability to Bless others and Heal others / ones self

These abilities further elaborated on in a new magic guide for the NEW Farseeing, upon acceptance of this Submission.

- New Farseers lose the ability to Bless ones self (this Lutaumancy aspect thus removed for balancing reasons)

With this change the Farseeing subtype becomes the Blessing / Support magic it should be. And not an offensive one.

- New Farseers have access to the Immortal and Ancestral realm (thus capable of doing the work of the Lutauman)

There will thusly be a division between those that have this magic, based on the old division of the magic itself: Lutaumans will still be around but will be nothing more than rp names given to the Farseers that focus on communion with the Ancestors. Farseers an rp name for the mages overall, and to those that focus on the blessing side of things. 

All Lutauman are Farseers, but not all Farseers Lutauman.

Now what?

If the Loreteam finally sees how stupendous this division is, a new guide will be written for the new magic subtype and the current users of the magic educated on their new ristrictions / abilities.

In roleplay the division between Lutauman and Farseer will be nothing more than a naming difference / cultural aspect. Magic users that were part of one will have to 'relearn' their new abilities according to the LotC magic Tier System through self teaching / experimenting. (This mostly for Lutumans /w healing and blessing others.) This all with MT supervision.

~ My rant ends here ~

Spoiler

**** you, they're two different things
(dont try to just take short cuts to have both sub-magics easily actually learn it u pp head)

6 minutes ago, Fizl / PrivetTovarisch said:

**** you, they're two different things
(dont try to just take short cuts to have both sub-magics easily actually learn it u pp head)

The only difference is healing others or healing yourself. It's dumb.

Just now, Smaw said:

The only difference is healing others or healing yourself. It's dumb.

literally wrong

3 minutes ago, Fizl / PrivetTovarisch said:

literally wrong

Prove it then.

2 minutes ago, Fizl / PrivetTovarisch said:

its rp??????????
literally ask fooddude

You lose.

Lutauman is one of the most interesting parts of Shamanism, Farseer not so much. This is because Lutauman is able to talk to dead things, and THAT'S the main part of the magic. The blessings aren't as important. Farseer only has the blessings as anything interesting in it. If anything remove witchdoctor, or combine it with Farseer. Because there are no curses that fit with elemental spirits, most of them are from the immortal spirits.

2 minutes ago, Smaw said:

You lose.

wrong

farseers see into the future via riddles from the spirits that they have to figure out to discern certain events, can bless peoples blah

lutauman 'see' into the past via conversing with ancestors and can use buffs via ancestors blah
edit: you explaining it as 'yeah they just heal themselves and other heal other people' isn't a good enough reason to combine the two very different sub-magics
each sub-type of shamanism can heal people in their very own ways, elementalism you can use cold water to ease sores, and witchdoctor can use healing potions or some ****, etc
its all rp

4 minutes ago, Fizl / PrivetTovarisch said:

wrong

farseers see into the future via riddles from the spirits that they have to figure out to discern certain events, can bless peoples blah

lutauman 'see' into the past via conversing with ancestors and can use buffs via ancestors blah

As with the rest of the minor variants, it's so negligible they may as well do both.

Just now, Smaw said:

As with the rest of the minor variants, it's so negligible they may as well do both.

wrong

if you don't even understand the differences why would they combine it (when the mt doesn't really understand the magic themselves either) just for you guys to misinterpret farseers even more?

1 hour ago, Hedgehug said:

Farseer is a shamanic subtype that revolves around blessing others, healing others and ones self and has access to the Immortal and Ancestral Spirit realms.

farseers do not have access to the ancestral spirit realm, and cannot bless themselves as far as i understand

Just now, Fizl / PrivetTovarisch said:

farseers do not have access to the ancestral spirit realm

Incorrect

Just now, Fizl / PrivetTovarisch said:

and cannot bless themselves as far as i understand

Correct, which is discussed.

i still don't see any reason to combine the two sub-types, and farseer being a nearly dead magic is not an appropriate reason. knowledge dies eventually, and you can't just bypass that by combining the two magics just because you can't convince fooddude or hellfiazz to come back just to teach you the magic

I mean Hellfiazz was gonna make a shaman school then got shat upon by orcs.. maybe if you didn't do that Farseers would still be around *shrug*