[✗] Merge Lutauman and Farseer already.

HedgeHug

Read the Post first. Then vote  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Should Farseeng and Lutauman merge? yay or nae?

• Yay
    • Nae

Farseer do not have access to ancestral spirits, those are lutauman. What you are sugesting is that farseers (or the reverse for lutauman) have access to the ancestral plane. The only shaman subtype with connection with more than one spirit type is witchdoctor, which... really... is only 1 type as well (immortal), since elementals and ancestral don't give good curses.

Just now, A Moongazer said:

I mean Hellfiazz was gonna make a shaman school then got shat upon by orcs.. maybe if you didn't do that Farseers would still be around *shrug*

this
i didn't agree with it, but hellfiazz tried to make it less of a clique and turn it into a magic that would be more open to everyone, which most of the orcs did not like obviously. now its in the shitter and you guys are trying to find a way to fix it

It sounds to me like they can still be combined. Just make sure all the abilities of both are kept intact.

why? It sounds like these two subtypes are two sides of the same coin, both doing similar things but merely the opposite in a way. Perhaps if they are combined you should write about this balance as it seems like it could have some sort of yinyang principle. 

If combined I don't think there is a need to cut abilities for balancing reasons. If one can do it then combined they shouldn't lose those abilities. All in all this reminds me of Arcane Shielding and Arcane Evocation melding into Arcanism. 

So pick a combined name and still have the two magics as what they are instead of piecemealing them together. Arcanism can still just be used for Arcane Shielding or can just be used for Arcane Evocation. Do the same here. I assume the goal is to help bring life back to this magic type and that is the best way to do it without crippling either side.

53 minutes ago, Fizl / PrivetTovarisch said:

i didn't agree with it, but hellfiazz tried to make it less of a clique and turn it into a magic that would be more open to everyone, which most of the orcs did not like obviously. now its in the shitter and you guys are trying to find a way to fix it

Excuse me?

Hedge I was about to revive the magic then you never took me to Phaedrus again because it was "about" to be merged getting you more power but that's none of my buisness anymore. They are basically the same anyways so may as well.

If you want to learn both fine you can. Combining something that has been clearly separated since Aegis is stupid. Respect your tradition instead of spitting on it and maybe the Orcs would get somewhere.

gimme farseer

Farseer could be seen as a level above lutamen. Reading the lore it almost seems as though farseer is more or so a title for a shaman who is very familiar with the spirits

50 minutes ago, Jacko said:

If you want to learn both fine you can. Combining something that has been clearly separated since Aegis is stupid. Respect your tradition instead of spitting on it and maybe the Orcs would get somewhere.

He obviously is working on a way to improve things. So how about you show him some respect instead of something that is obviously outdated or unwanted. It's not a tradition if no one follows it and it looks like no one follows it. Reworking things to make them more viable, valuable and inviting is what draws in new roleplayers. If you enjoy the tradition so much then help but telling those who are helping to stop is the wrong move. 

Just now, Sir K Andruske said:

He obviously is working on a way to improve things. So how about you show him some respect instead of something that is obviously outdated or unwanted. It's not a tradition if no one follows it and it looks like no one follows it. Reworking things to make them more viable, valuable and inviting is what draws in new roleplayers. If you enjoy the tradition so much then help but telling those who are helping to stop is the wrong move.

54 minutes ago, Jacko said:

We update to improve

you hold onto traditions in character, out of character we seek ways to make things easier. In this case its about removing something which is clearly unnecessary and revive a dead magic in the process.

Sir K, I thank you o7

3 hours ago, Hedgehug said:

Excuse me?

didn't say it worked well for the orcs who did want it either

4 hours ago, Fizl / PrivetTovarisch said:

knowledge dies eventually

Figured I'd mention this, there were a few attempts at RPing in a few ways to combat the issue of timezones and schedules, but it was sort of half-executed and never kind of took off.

Anyways, I'd still be willing to pop in and RP being a spirit, I still have those concerned with shamanism added on skype and such, just hit me up.

Apologies if my hiatus was a reason for this but from what I saw when I made myself available, the interest either wasn't there - or it seems there were once again some OOC things at play to throw a few hiccups in the last time.

Still popping in and out, I can't really figure out what to do IG right now, but that doesn't mean I'm unwilling to RP shamanism stuff.

Edit: Ok, after reading all the other people's takes on what farseership is... For the love of the Immortals, let me ******* teach the next generation, oh my ******* goodness you fuckwits. Shamanism is a part of Orcish culture and while the lutauman and the farseer FUNCTION similarly they culturally are leagues apart in practice, capability, and method. The calling of BEING a farseer is the very thing that lead to my character's death. You don't just do the magic and bless **** willy nilly.

Ironically, people seem to be missing a lot of the RP aspects of being a farseer. I can help with that, I'd like to help you keep both subtypes separate.

On 12/13/2016 at 1:16 PM, Jistuma said:

Farseer only has the blessings as anything interesting in it. If anything remove witchdoctor, or combine it with Farseer. Because there are no curses that fit with elemental spirits, most of them are from the immortal spirits.

Well, farseers are also supposed to be able to have vague visions, which I've always thought was cool.

Also, all the first curses my orc learned when he first began his witch doctor training were elemental curses.

2 minutes ago, Catarrh said:

Well, farseers are also supposed to be able to have vague visions, which I've always thought was cool.

Also, all the first curses my orc learned when he first began his witch doctor training were elemental curses.

What kind of elemental curses are there?

10 minutes ago, Jistuma said:

What kind of elemental curses are there?

Probably the meanest would be the basic fire curse, which causes the sensation of being on fire. It's more of an interrogator's curse. Earth would be more of a slowness or even a petrification curse. Back when I was learning, air curses were more related to energy and emotion, so it'd be more about causing a sense of depression or physical exhaustion. Shortness of breath would also be a possibility. The water curse Malog first learned was a disease hex, which admittedly overlaps heavily with immortal business, which is why I personally prefer nausea (as in sea sickness). Of course, it's worth mentioning that these are just suggestions. Not every fire hex, for example, has to cause pain. Altered mental states are also possible, or excessive body heat. Honestly, if it reminds the average person of fire, it can likely be a fire curse (within reason, of course. Obviously, one can't just say that chronic constipation or something reminds them of fire lol). 

To be fair, it was easier to implement the elements when witch doctors also had their own form of blessing, but witch doctors can't bless anymore. It was believed to have made farseers less interesting. Anyway, There's not really a set list of elemental curses, or even of immortal curses for that matter. The general idea is that, if you can link the curse to some kinda spirit, and the curse isn't too ludicrous, it's possible. So, when it comes to elemental curses you'd want to consider what kind of emotions or conditions one would typically associate with a particular element. So, perhaps you'd want to make someone unreasonably passive. The water spirits could probably answer that call for you. It's why when I teach witch doctory, I usually like to give little creativity related tasks before the student even touches any actual magic. Anyway, in summary elemental curses can vary depending on what you associate with the element in question. Sorry if my reply was rambley and repetitive, by the way.