Battle of the Gorge

Thatpyrodude

Spoiler

Battle of the Gorge

The dwarven mountains were decorated with banners of Imperial purple after the victory at Mount Gorgon. The bulk of the Imperial force was stationed in the alpine north of Urguan, awaiting instructions from the command back in Johannesburg. The army lay dormant, but any man wise to the way of the world would tell you that the mass of levied soldiers nestled in the peaks of Tahn was a sleeping beast.

South, at the Imperial court, the Emperor reclines in his throne, his gaze somber as he listened to the testimony of a silver clad elf standing before him. The gentry and nobles of the court looked on as Orsino, Uthir of Haelun’or spoke.

“Your Imperial Majesty, the War Ugz have struck our lands. They have lied to the world about their abolishment of slavery and abandoned all honor. Not two span ago they took the wife of our Okarir’tir as a snaga, and then attempted to take the Okarir’tir himself: Sul’onn Tahn’thill, the leader of our Evariran. Thankfully, we fought them off. How can they justify being shielded from destruction when they target officials in Imperial provinces and lie about abolishing their barbaric slave trade?”

The Emperor rubbed his chin as the court erupted into various hushed murmurs, speaking amongst themselves. He raised his hand, and those gathered recognized the cue and fell silent. Philip Frederick rose and spoke.

“It is clear to me, my lords, that we have misjudged the largest threat to our Empire. The dwarves may be treasonous, disrespectful of treaties and honor, but at the end of the day they shall always hide in their mountain holes, they have made that much very clear. However, the orcish menace seems to be never perishing. The beasts are like cockroaches, you stamp them out and they rise again, resilient pests. Well, I say we finish what we started. We must eradicate this scourge on our lands, ensure the civilized realms of Axios are never again plagued with the presence of greenskin beasts, ensure their heathenous spirits have none left to worship them, and end slavery once and for all.”

A day later, carrier pigeons made their flight north to Urguan, where the Imperial army was garrisoned. The ordered they carried was clear. The Empire was to divert its path of conquest onto the War Ugz, and so they marched south, away from their efforts against their erstwhile dwarven allies.

WARCLAIM

Tier Chosen: 1

Type of battle: Skirmish

Date And Time: Saturday, January 7th, 3 PM EST

Side A: Holy Orenian Empire and Allies

Side B: Orcs of War Ugz and Allies

Overview of us moving from one location via the valley

oJwSHRg98TvydbGn5BqOr3ywz6uD2YEWUDMW8zzeS_WTH4J1-9VSVR_zppJ24AOTSNgiwogdBM66xmCMNeZqdpDFWFwj4WP4dg2BiND515IoLcz3J_A7-sUIvnM45x0Q_2yf3-sE

Skirm location within the deserts

bjCW8_LTkX7bjDreyq93uwpHCIybTtjbpgzFfpTDxLihoayQlwBU5J76Xj3XM7KuOHHfjbJ5WsJlT4wA9qTcOXVji1Wgvs7CAr8qek4oGnJUCXTg59pdF13CcMZz-lTVAO91MGeY

Close up of the settlement:

y4ap-iNgIV_5cp_LviwckG9QWxrmGED9bbf2qbr2CdXLe2EW9TucrSS4WngCNCUjkUR4ibQt-rAFegcZbTUEqJSxyQtnzNZUBpG9NFUX7hu1v87z5ksCubhujypHEKnNdXHWRM9v

Terms of Victory

VICTORY FOR ATTACKERS-

If the defenders are killed or driven from the field of battle.

VICTORY FOR DEFENDERS-

Attacking forces are killed or driven from the field of battle.

Upon Victory For...

Side A: Oren can move onto a siege if they wish.

Side B: A counter-attack can be declared

Oren cannot launch another offensive campaign on War Ugz for two weeks

Rules:

- No additional defenses to the settlement from time of post

-No status switching.

-No golden apples.

-If the defenders  do not show to their side of the warclaim, they implicitly forfeit and attackers are allowed to determine the next battle on a time of their sole preference.

-TNT disabled.

Please don't comment unless you are a nation leader or have permission from said nation leader (marshal of the army etc).

You are both in the chat already, so this shall be simple. Me and Tsuyose shall be handling and moderating the discussions between both sides, whilst Zhulik will be handling the actual siege warclaim and how it runs.

3 minutes ago, HB_ said:

Please don't comment unless you are a nation leader or have permission from said nation leader (marshal of the army etc).

You are both in the chat already, so this shall be simple. Me and Tsuyose shall be handling and moderating the discussions between both sides, whilst Zhulik will be handling the actual siege warclaim and how it runs.

I am leader of Warclaimed settlement. It is independent settlement leaded by me. Why no one even involved me into the plans?

7 minutes ago, HB_ said:

I am a raid leader at that settlement I think I should be allowed to speak

1 minute ago, Rip and Tear said:

I am leader of Warclaimed settlement. It is independent settlement leaded by me. Why no one even involved me into the plans?

Oh, I apologise, I assumed this was the usual Skirmish -> Siege, but I've just seen what this actually is.

Please add me or Tsuyose on Skype (HBsauce1999 or yayfunfunfun_6 to discuss this and stuff. Also, instead of Zhulik handling it, Gus will be handling it instead.

This settlement is not connected to the War Uzg nation, and acts independently.

Not that you seem to know that in RP, nor your High Elven compatriots.

2 hours ago, Rip and Tear said:

Indeed, the settlement in question is not affiliated with the Warnation of Krugmar (which is FYI the new official name of the Orcish polity) and is an entirely separate Dwarven vassal town populated mostly by humans with an Orcish minority - with BowDownToTheRex as its current leader.

That settlement doesn't belong to the War Nation nor do we know much about it other than an Orc not affiliated with the Nation runs it. If somebody would've ran it by me, the Orc Nation leader, before you posted it,  you probably could've avoided that little embarrassment. 

48 minutes ago, _pok_ said:

That settlement doesn't belong to the War Nation nor do we know much about it other than an Orc not affiliated with the Nation runs it. If somebody would've ran it by me, the Orc Nation leader, before you posted it,  you probably could've avoided that little embarrassment. 

Far from an embarrassment, Pok. The argument here is that Khaganate is a simple puppet state of the Warnation, with a warnation appointed orcish leader to rule over man and elf.

30 minutes ago, Pyro™ said:

Far from an embarrassment, Pok. The argument here is that Khaganate is a simple puppet state of the Warnation, with a warnation appointed orcish leader to rule over man and elf.

Except it's not. You'd actually be doing us a favour.

The legions are making their way down from Mt Gorgon to the oricsh settlement in the desert, only to find that there is another settlement blocking their way. Generally, human armies can not walk through walls. You might not be affiliated with them, you might not even like them, but I reckon you'll rally with them all the same. If not, we'll see you in a couple weekends ok? ;)

5 hours ago, LIMƎ said:

The legions are making their way down from Mt Gorgon to the oricsh settlement in the desert, only to find that there is another settlement blocking their way. Generally, human armies can not walk through walls. You might not be affiliated with them, you might not even like them, but I reckon you'll rally with them all the same. If not, we'll see you in a couple weekends ok? ;)

Take us out of the post then, and have fun. We were going to sort them out eventually.

;)

Defender victory.