Dungrimm's Folk

Raomir

Dungrimm's Folk

“The day that we forsake unity for petty rivalries and greed is the day we fall. I end this book with only words that I wish for all dwarves to one day heed. Stand as one and we are capable of achieving any length of greatness. Stand alone however and we will die alone.”

Paragon Valen Grandaxe, Shortly before ascent to the halls of Khaz'A'Dentrumm

Dungrimm’s folk are a weathered company  of Urguanite elites, conceived to rid Urguan of the foul beasts that lurk in the snowy mountains of Kal’Nikaer. The Folk have had several unsuccessful incarnations in modern history, but find true cause in the current events surrounding the Grand Kingdom.

Once wearing Dungrimm’s tabard, all Folk are Kin, loyal to the cause. Whilst encouraged to appreciate their heritage and their own clans, a conscript pledges themselves solely as servants to the Brathmordakin and the Folk whilst in active service. Dungrimm’s folk strive to entertain an era of purity and prosperity in Urguan, ridding corruption from all corners of Axios.

Whilst its loyalties lie with the Brathmordakin, the Folk rally to just causes of the Grand Kingdom. It is their desire to preserve Yemekar’s balance and ensure the Grand Kingdom endures through all adversities.

‘To my dearest Kerwyr,

Look not to feud those within our own halls; our politics, our in fighting, it is all pointless now. A darkness rises in the east, one that we cannot crush whilst in disagreement - one that threatens the balance of all that is decent in our world. We unite under two common enemies.

Heed my words now, for what I write will no doubt alter the course of your lives; it is with a heavy heart that I ask this of you. The land lays riddled with beasts of the void, it is plagued with the spawn of a daemon, it is your duty to ensure Urguan is free of these behemoths and undeads.

You must form a band. Select well, for those you choose now will stand beside you in the bleakest of times. Pick only the bravest, strongest Urguanites the Grand Kingdom has to offer. Train them in the mountains, teach them of the Brathmordakin, educate them of the Folk. It has failed before, but not this time.

The strength of Dungrimm will enable us, a small but faithful band, to overcome the multitude of the faithless.

Dungrim bless you brother,

Velwyn Ireheart.’

-A letter scribed by Velwyn Ireheart to Kerwyr Frostbeard

Faith

Dungrimm tests us, he tries our faith. He shows us the path when it doesn’t seem clear. We must serve him now if we wish for him to guide us to his fortress in the seven skies. If we live with conviction and faith, we will be rewarded.

The Brathmordakin spoil us, they have created us to live as their servants, to act as their ambassadors to the mortal realm. It is our duty, as protectorates of  Urguan, to repay those who rule so fairly over us. To pay homage is no burden, it is an honor as sentient and intelligent beings; allowing yourselves to be encompassed by the great aura of the pantheon is a true celebration.

‘Lay thine axe upon the gilded sigil, adorned upon the tallest peak of the steepest mountain, and you will be blessed by him. He will see your strength, he will feel your courage, and you will feel his will. When you return, reborn from your pilgrimage, then will you be true of heart and pure of mind. Folk of Dungrimm.’

-Blessed prayer, sermon of an unblooded Folk.

Notable Slayings

Dungrimm’s Bane - Whilst the undead launch a second attack on Kal’Agnar, incumbent Marshal and Grand King Vorstag Ireheart duels a large Khorvad spawn to reclaim the fabled ‘Armor of Urguan’ and repel the undead legion from Urguanite land. Whilst successful, the creature slays Vorstag in a bloody conflict that leads both combatants dead.

Frost Trolls - An expedition to the northern mountains of Athera leads several of Dungrimm’s Folk into a chilling battle between troll and dwed. Whilst limited in numbers, the Folk made use of structurally vulnerable cave systems to crush their opponents, retaining all dwed life.

Demigryph - A Frostbeard patrol headed by Marshal Kerwyr Frostbeard is ambushed by a corrupted bandit atop a demigryph. In the steep conditions of Kal’Nikaer, Kerwyr is almost slain but executes the bandit and their corrupted mount. The events following this particular incursion, encounters with pale knights and mounted ghouls led to the third reformation of Dungrimm’s Folk.

Medals & Honors

Medal of Dungrimm

Awarded for showing gallantry in battle

Medal of Urguan

Awarded for showing brotherhood in all fields

Medal of Victory

Awarded for leading consecutive victories.

Recognition of Loyalty

Awarded for staying with the Folk for a stone month

Recognition of Faith

Awarded for showing dedication to your patron God

Recognition of Bravery

Awarded for finishing ten demonic beasts

Ranks

Officer

Marshal

Leader and head of the Folk.

Vindicator

A legendary hunter and elder on the council.

Regular

Sergeant

Veteran soldier, trains the low ranks.

Footman

The shield of the Order, common ranking.

Conscript

A conscript member who hasn’t completed their trials.

Application

Name:

Subrace:

Prefered Weapon:

Profession:

Patron God:

OOC

Do you have TS:

Name: Gorum Frostbeard

Subrace: Mountain Dwarf

Prefered Weapon: Axe

Profession: Miner

Patron God: Dungrimm

OOC

Do you have TS: Yes

Name: Kilgrim Irongut

Subrace: Cave Dwarf

Prefered Weapon: My magic

Profession: Farmer and Chef

Patron God: Ogradhad

OOC

Do you have TS:
 Yes

Name: Varuk II Frostbeard

Subrace: mountain dwarf

Prefered Weapon: War axe

Profession: Miner and Tinker

Patron God: Dungrim

OOC Hoster102

Name: Gror Ireheart

Prefered Weapon: War Axe

Profession: Blacksmith, Enchanter, Woodworker and Leatherworker

OOC

Name: Grumdul Blackfist

Prefered Weapon: sword

Profession: lumberjack alchemist

Patron God: Grimdugan

OOC

Do you have TS: yes

Name: Oyvind Frostbeard

Profession: Miner, Blacksmith, Lumberjack

OOC

Do you have TS:
 yes

Name: Garrond Frostbeard

Sub race: Mountain Dwarf

Preferred Weapon: Axe

Profession: Miner and Blacksmith

OOC

Name: Demagol Doomforged

Subrace: Doomforged ((Dark Dwarf))

Age: Late 400's, early 500's? I can't keep track these days.

Prefered Weapon: Sword, mace, runic fist.

Profession: Blacksmith/Farmer/Chef

Patron God: Dormmar

OOC

Do you have TS: Si

Receives the applications and reads them over, before sending out letters of acceptance to them all.

Name: Ronnie Frostbeard

Subrace: Dwarf

Profession: Hardman

OOC

Do you have TS: Yeah

This current Guild has been deemed inactive and has hereby been moved. If you wish to appeal this decision you must present evidence to myself proving the guild is still active.