Welcome to The Lord Of The Craft

We're currently the #1 Minecraft Roleplaying Server, fitted with custom plugins, a unique crafting system, custom character cards and an incredibly active and passionate community; We're serious about Roleplay and we're always eager for new faces!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yopplwasupxxx

Remove Mobs

31 posts in this topic

Hostile mobs add no roleplay to this server, are a hassle when attempting to roleplay at night, and add nothing to the server considering killing them gives you jack squat.

Remove mobs now.

Should be restricted to clear areas such as ruins, caves, and haunted forests, made stronger perhaps and given slightly more mina to drop to encourage new players to have something familiar to do and start out. Random mobs around the map tho don't add much aside from annoyance

I would understand if they still drop loot/mina as much as they use to but with the new skeleton mobs and what not, I agree that it impedes on roleplay. It makes no sense for there to be mobs in certain regions but in places like the Westerlands where there is current events or lore about them, I don't see an issue with keeping them there.

Should be an option to the the region owner. 

Completely agree.

The best part is the more you and a group of people are in the wild trying to rp the more mobs spawn, we had it to a point where there was almost 100 Mobs at once attacking us to where a GM had to make a bubble around us to RP peacefully. 

can we add a system to roleplay fight the mobs?  i don't want to wait for hit timers.

+1

Why don't we just make an extra isle or portal area for where mobs spawn?

I don't know about others, but my MC has severe frame issues due to optimisation issues; even with optifine sometimes. Mobs are a literal detriment to roleplay for people who can't even fight back lol.

@Kowaman @Telanir @501warhead @Teegah @Tofuus

Make it optional so groups like the Westerlands can still butcher mobs in survival sessions. It already is optional, truth be told, as you can disable mobs in regions. They only spawn (not even en masse) when you're outside of regions.