We've added the ability to disable snow for those struggling to browse the forums with it. Scroll down to the bottom of any page, click themes and select the drop down item "Lord of the Craft v4.1.16.1 (No Snow)". Enjoy!

Welcome to The Lord Of The Craft

We're currently the #1 Minecraft Roleplaying Server, fitted with custom plugins, a unique crafting system, custom character cards and an incredibly active and passionate community; We're serious about Roleplay and we're always eager for new faces!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

HB_

Official Combat Poll (1.9 V 1.8) [PLEASE VOTE].

What type of combat do you want on LoTC?   369 members have voted

1. 2. What combat do you prefer?

• 1.8- combat.
    • 1.9+ combat.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

107 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Evocress said:

Why do we vote for these? It's either going to be 50/50 like for what the PvP and Rp default was and you're just gonna sway with what you feel is right and upset the community that voted for the other.

I personally like the 1.9+ combat as it gives opportunity to change and can get the chance for unique play of weapons. With this with the MC updates it can spark greater things to come which the 1.8 combat wouldn't.

-

Anyway, I know the poll is more swaying to the 1.8 combat style but yet again. You'll upset the community that have voted for 1.9+ if this is put in.

u will upset that part that has voted fotr 1.8 if this isnt put inand twice the amount of people voted for 1.8 

1.8. No words.

Personally the PVP for 1.9 is way more tactical and requires more strategy, which is overall better for this server. It's slow-paced, and requires better positioning, especially with weighted armor. 1.8- pvp is just spam clicking at your enemy while strafing around them. People have come to me with arguments that 1.8 PVP requires more skill, but how is strafing around someone so they can't hit you more skillful than timing, shields, and weapon choice? Overall I feel that people want 1.8 pvp because that's the way they are used to it being. 1.9+ pvp is a good change, and is overall the pvp that LOTC needs.

Can I just point at that, yet again, this is an RP server with PvP as what is meant to be a minor part?

And seriously, insulting each other is just kinda.. dumb.

Don't touch my shields, they make great sleds for the wee-folk. 🎃

46 minutes ago, Kilgrim said:

Personally the PVP for 1.9 is way more tactical and requires more strategy, which is overall better for this server. It's slow-paced, and requires better positioning, especially with weighted armor. 1.8- pvp is just spam clicking at your enemy while strafing around them. People have come to me with arguments that 1.8 PVP requires more skill, but how is strafing around someone so they can't hit you more skillful than timing, shields, and weapon choice? Overall I feel that people want 1.8 pvp because that's the way they are used to it being. 1.9+ pvp is a good change, and is overall the pvp that LOTC needs.

nice opinion, but not that many people agree with you

Why though? Why is 1.8 preferable to 1.9?

I don't really care either way simply because I don't like to PVP in the first place.

1 hour ago, Kilgrim said:

I agree, I like 1.9+ pvp more than 1.8- pvp for small fights.

But...for warclaims it just lags too much and it's impossible to have a decent fight.

So, 1.8- is the way, friend.

On 1/11/2017 at 2:50 AM, _Jandy_ said:

Don't touch my shields, they make great sleds for the wee-folk. 1f383.png

If pvp ends up to coming back to oh so beloved 1.8 the shields remain, it's only the swing timers that will be out the window.

On 1/10/2017 at 4:21 PM, Marijuanaology said:

Imo, I really enjoyed 1.9 combat and still do but unfortunately no-one is making a real effort to fix it making anything combat-wise relevant to the 1.9 update. If something like that is greatly lacking to be done, then you might as well switch it back to something that did work.

Your profile picture makes me want to vomit because it's an infinite loop of the exact thing, thanks :D