We've added the ability to disable snow for those struggling to browse the forums with it. Scroll down to the bottom of any page, click themes and select the drop down item "Lord of the Craft v4.1.16.1 (No Snow)". Enjoy!

Welcome to The Lord Of The Craft

We're currently the #1 Minecraft Roleplaying Server, fitted with custom plugins, a unique crafting system, custom character cards and an incredibly active and passionate community; We're serious about Roleplay and we're always eager for new faces!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

HB_

Warclaim lag and crashes.

Warclaims and crashes.   192 members have voted

1. 1. Should I cancel and retry the warclaim if it hard crashes once more?

• Yes.
    • No.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

48 posts in this topic

I don't wait a week for warclaim only for it to be cancelled just because Oreners are too slow at logging back on. 

as a player i still dont fully understand what causes the extreme lag. Other servers run PVP of the same scale (dark age pvp for example) and they ran perfectly fine.

1 minute ago, DelaneyG said:

as a player i still dont fully understand what causes the extreme lag. Other servers run PVP of the same scale (dark age pvp for example) and they ran perfectly fine.

Our PvP is a lot more focussed. Dark Ages doesn't have 250+ players hit eachother at relatively the same second, it's lots of spread out 1v1s - 10v10s.

HELL NO

3 minutes ago, Supremacy said:

Protect Oren with lag please HB. 

it's not even that, this could be abused by either side. we all know if this got approved, whichever side is about to lose would ddos the server or turn on some lagmachine somewhere.

23 minutes ago, TheLemonHead said:

I would admire the idea of making creating another lotc server for war claims, you have the tools, just need the encouragement.

This sounds like the best fix for the issues. I dunno what exactly would go into the making for this, but it's been something that people seem to have been dreaming of for a while now.

16 minutes ago, ski_king3 said:

I think the only time canceling it makes sense is if it is literally too laggy to possibly complete the battle.

I agree with this statement. In the case of the last warclaim it actually seemed that after the crash things just went uphill. I dunno what was done in the downtime but the server picked up it's pants and it turned out to be one of my best warclaim experiences.

I think the consensus is that warclaims should just run their course, for better or worse.

When the WC's were first cancelled, it appeared that the game was actually unplayable, as in nothing was registering at all. The crashes were bad this WC, but if you watch videos from certain perspectives (Including my boi nazdus's) it was definitely playable, and hits were registering. 

Its bad, but it can be a lot worse- nothing to call it all off for.

Just dont do world edits during warclaims, especially in the overpopulated chunk, where said warclaim is taking place. I would say that's what crashed us. 

If it hard crashes call a cease fire before continuing. 

No, there has been no rollback or cease fires in previous war claims, why change now? Seems like someone got their jimmies rustled.