We've added the ability to disable snow for those struggling to browse the forums with it. Scroll down to the bottom of any page, click themes and select the drop down item "Lord of the Craft v4.1.16.1 (No Snow)". Enjoy!

Welcome to The Lord Of The Craft

We're currently the #1 Minecraft Roleplaying Server, fitted with custom plugins, a unique crafting system, custom character cards and an incredibly active and passionate community; We're serious about Roleplay and we're always eager for new faces!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

HB_

Warclaim lag and crashes.

Warclaims and crashes.   192 members have voted

1. 1. Should I cancel and retry the warclaim if it hard crashes once more?

• Yes.
    • No.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

48 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Hiebe said:

No, there has been no rollback or cease fires in previous war claims, why change now? Seems like someone got their jimmies rustled.

9 minutes ago, Harold said:

examples please and thank you

2 hours ago, ski_king3 said:

The last warclaim was one of the best ones I've participated in and the crash wasn't anything particularly special or damaging. It seems like it might have hurt Oren a bit more than the Coalition, but I doubt it was of any consequence. I think the only time canceling it makes sense is if it is literally too laggy to possibly complete the battle.

I agree, no matter how laggy the server has been in the past and no matter how inconvenient it was for both sides the warclaims have always continued and set in stone.

yes guys just cancel all warclaims take all rebel regions and declare a victory for the empire, its already been done once before might as well do it again 

by established precedent, no.

It would be unfair to people who previously lost a battle because the server lagged too much for them to maneuver.

Just now, Vege said:

yes guys just cancel all warclaims take all rebel regions and declare a victory for the empire, its already been done once before might as well do it again 

Don't give them ideas

14 minutes ago, James2k said:

examples please and thank you

change ur avatar then we can continue this discussion ;-l#

I don't think our last warclaim would have lagged or crashed if there hasn't been ET/tech activity during that time. All I can ask is that staff refrains from doing anything that could cause severe lag during the warclaim period.

9 minutes ago, Harold said:

That post doesn't really explain what happened, it just vaguely mentions a warclaim being postponed. Doesn't tell me at what point it crashed, how long it was down for, etc. If it stayed down for ages, or rolled everyone back or something, then obviously you can't continue on. That's different to the server just crashing for 2 minutes and working perfectly as soon as it starts up again. And if it crashed before battle and decided to postpone it because of lag, they aren't stealing a result from anyone so again it's not the same as cancelling a warclaim mid-battle.