[✗] Curbing the Physical Prowess of Voidal Mages

TavernLich

14 minutes ago, Luxury said:

In an ideal enviroment, yeah I can agree that mages are more effective at long range. In minecraft, however, most fights begin within a few blocks of opposing parties. I want to be able to participate in combat, not just get bumrushed within the single emote it takes to cover ground each time a fight comes around.

This, aye mages are supposed to be long ranger fighters, does your average swordsman give them time to cast? **** no they dont, you get insta rushed and swung at with little to no chance to defend yourself. I  have to use a sword more often then I use magic.

Sarrion would attempt to lift up his tea cup, suddenly a sickening snap is heard as his wrist displaces, he fell over in pain as all the bones in his body shattered. He would only writhe in place, not able to do much as the stickman mage he is. (^:

Professional Opinion:

This idea is overkill.

15 minutes ago, HurferDurfer1 said:

This, aye mages are supposed to be long ranger fighters, does your average swordsman give them time to cast? **** no they dont, you get insta rushed and swung at with little to no chance to defend yourself. I  have to use a sword more often then I use magic.

There's a rule now where if you get attacked and you're a mage (or anyone really, not just mages) in a manner such as "jim draws his sword and charges the mage from whatever distance". You can then RP the time it takes basically. it takes a few seconds for you to cast a fire ball as an expert mage, it'll take him a few seconds to get to you. Boom.

Rusty Shackleford watches as every lich on the planet immediately disintegrates from the little to moderate force due to gravity crushing their entire being into existence. 

1 minute ago, Demotheus said:

There's a rule now where if you get attacked and you're a mage (or anyone really, not just mages) in a manner such as "jim draws his sword and charges the mage from whatever distance". You can then RP the time it takes basically. it takes a few seconds for you to cast a fire ball as an expert mage, it'll take him a few seconds to get to you. Boom.

Mhm, thats what a lot of people don't seem to understand is that a Mage is based off TIME not EMOTES. If someone wants to take the time to rush an Archon with a sword and cover 10 blocks In one emote I will take the time to destroy them with an arcanism b33m in one emote, so long I was prepped and connected etc.

LoL nothing screams "I'm biased with an agenda" than "Anyone who would DARE not accept my idea is BIASED!"

Also, sure someone can shoot deadly lightning at you, but you can roll a ballista on a cart up to someone's face and insta-one shot them. That's about as useful as magic appears to be.

3 minutes ago, zaezae said:

LoL nothing screams "I'm biased with an agenda" than "Anyone who would DARE not accept my idea is BIASED!"

Also, sure someone can shoot deadly lightning at you, but you can roll a ballista on a cart up to someone's face and insta-one shot them. That's about as useful as magic appears to be.

I fear most people also forget the usefullness of crossbows and Pre-combat preparation. 

If you think theres going to be a fight, especially with a mage, load the crossbow and stay ready.

Casting mage? Put a bolt inbetween their legs lmao

Just now, First Enchanter said:

I fear most people also forget the usefullness of crossbows and Pre-combat preparation. 

If you think theres going to be a fight, especially with a mage, load the crossbow and stay ready.

Casting mage? Put a bolt inbetween their legs lmao

Crossbows? You mean anything. Everything short of standing still and picking your nose is enough to defeat a mage. 

Just now, zaezae said:

Crossbows? You mean anything. Everything short of standing still and picking your nose is enough to defeat a mage. 

A slingshot with a rock of thanium (^:

1 minute ago, First Enchanter said:

A slingshot with a rock of thanium (^:

Walk up to them and shove them. Give them a wet willy. Blow into their face when they take a breath. 

4 hours ago, TavernLich said:

Decline of Muscle Mass:
-Mages will harbor only 15% of an average man’s muscle mass and, therefore, only 15% of an average man’s strength.

Look, I love you and everything but this is a bit too much. With that kind of 'scrawniness', would we even be able to move?

I don't think 3/4ths of the server's population RPing cripples would be feasible, lol.

Denied. As LT, we think this lore is incredibly unreasonable for obvious reasons (15% strength, so on so forth).