[✗] [Lore Submission] Lycans

jyecarson

Lycans  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this idea?

Before i start is just wanted to say this is a new version of my last lore idea!

Its been updated and fixed with everyone suggestions and i want to thank everyone for the amazing feedback and help!

Lycans

Introduction

Men and women who are foolish enough to travel alone at night have reported being attacked by savage large wolves, barely escaping with their lives these men and women come back covered in claw marks and bites quickly developing fevers and hallucinating, some reporting their senses becoming overwhelmingly enhanced to the point were the softest whisper is unbearably loud, over night their bodies start to change, their bones breaking and reforming causing them extreme amounts of pain, Their hair growing at rapid speeds until finally they are no longer recognizable, no longer seen as man but as a beast, a wolf.

Wolf another one.jpg

Origin

It is said that the very first Alpha Lycan was a hunter in Axios, A man who lived alone in the forest. This man would go out and hunt every day often leaving the bodies of the animals he killed to rot away, not harvesting them for food or fur this man simply killed them for fun, after enjoying the hunt this man would go to the forests around his cabin every day, chopping down the trees for firewood but not replanting a single sapling, This man would continue to do this day after day for years, destroying entire forests and killing countless animals until finally his actions got the attention of Nemiisae, The Shadow of Death, Grandmother Spider, Woman of The Moon, she cursed this man to have the aspects of a wolf, transforming into the very animal he killed so often to do her bidding and help restore the very balance he took for granted, This man received the gift of shape-shifting but at a cost, in order to unlock the power of the wolf he had to go through the extremely painful process of transformation, giving up his old form for a while to better serve Nemiisae and protect the natural balance, Nemiisae choosing the form of a wolf, the perfect hunter. One of a Lycans many goals is to purge undead and unnatural beings from axios, as

well as helping and protecting druids and natural animals. though these killing-machines can’t help but yearn to be normal again. It is every Lycan’s wish to be cured. Whether or not that’s possible remains to be discovered.

Appearance

Carolynmoskowitz_wolf_by_fleurdelyse-d64oqxi.jpg

The size of a Lycan in Wolf form depends on the size they are in normal form, the larger the person the larger the Wolf, It's easy to tell a normal wolf from a Lycan due to their oddly large size and there extremely large teeth and claws, much sharper than that of a normal wolf, able to tear most things to shreds, another way to tell a Lycan from a normal wolf is the eyes, the eyes of a Lycan are usually yellow or blue and let out a small glow, this glow  becomes brighter when they are angry or annoyed, usually as strong as a common candle at there brightest point, In both human and wolf form.The average person being about the size of a dire wolf in wolf form. Any tattoos or markings a person has in normal form may appear as patterns in the their fur when in wolf form. A Lycans legs are also different then a normal wolfs, Allowing them to stand up for a short amount of time, though they do prefer staying on all fours.

The very First transformation

After being bit by an alpha Wolf the infected person will start to feel sick within the next couple days, the symptoms include rashes all over the body, extreme fever, hallucinations, vomiting and extreme headaches. This usually lasts for a couple days before finally one night the infected person will feel unbearable amounts of pain as their bones break and snap and reform for the very first time, a stinging sensation covering their body as hair grows at rapid rates, this often being very traumatic for the infected person as they turn into a Wolf for the very first time, they will be stuck in a full transformation for an entire elven day.

Wolves 1.jpg

Transformation

The Lycan are able to change forms at anytime it wishes, only being forced to transformation once a year in a bloodlust state (See below) and there are three different types of transformations, The first is a full transformation: This transformation process is the most painful one but gets less painful the more the Lycan transforms, it involves every bone in the person's body breaking and reforming as well as growing a thick coat of fur along their entire body, some people even passing out from the extreme pain it causes their first few transformations, leaving the Lycan very open and exposed to attackers who wish to harm it, the same process applies when transforming from Wolf form back to their normal form this processes usually takes 5-6 minutes or 3-4 detailed emotes.

The second is a half transformation: This transformation is not as painful as the last, it involves only growing the sharp claws, teeth, or other body parts of the Wolf such as the tail or ears and fur, this transformation can be done in less than a minute only requiring 1-2 emotes.

Example of a full transformation

*Bob would scream out in pain as the bones in his hand start to break making awful snapping sounds, The bones in his hands starting to reform as the bones in his arms started to break, Bob falling on the ground in pain as the same process is continued on his feet and legs.

*Bob would continue to scream in pain as he curled up into a small ball on the floor bringing his knees up to his chest as the bones in his legs continued to snap, bob eventually passing out from the pain, his body now a deformed mess on the ground that once resembled a human, his bones continued to snap all over his body.

*Bob would continue to lay there unconscious as the last of his bones snapped, Now they would start to reform themselves starting in his hands and feet, The broken bones taking the shape of paws as they started to set, This processes continuing up to his legs and eventually his entire body would take the form of a hairless Wolf.

*Bob’s skin would start growing hair at a rapid rate as his skull now cracked, taking the form of a Wolf's skull as the hair continued to grow all over his body, quickly covering him completely in a thick white coat of fur, two furry ears moving from the side of his head to the top, the transformation now complete Bob would slowly regain consciousness.

Personality

Wolfie.jpg

-Lycans are very territorial.

-Lycans are very loyal.

-They prefer to stay in larger groups, often forming packs with other Lycans.

-As well as physical changes Lycans go though a lot of emotional and personality changes, making them act more aggressive in both normal and wolf form, they will also act more wolf-like in both forms and these changes will become more and more noticeable over time, some older lycans eventually giving into there inner wolf all together.

Abilities

Some of the Lycans abilities include.

-Increased Strength: As well as their senses there strength is also increased. Allowing them to lift much more that any normal human can.

-Increased Agility, Speed and Stamina: There agility, body coordination and balance are much greater than that of any human allowing them to jump, climb and run incredibly fast with little difficulty.

-Increased senses: There senses become more acute, (Sight, Smell and hearing) Similar to those of an actual Wolf, They can hear heartbeats of other living creatures from up to 10 (about 3 meters) feet away and smell other living creatures from up to 40 (about 12 meters) feet away.

-Increased durability: The body of a Lycan is much stronger than that of a normal humans, meaning normal weapons do little damage to them and their skin is harder to pierce, but enchanted weapons or weapons made of  silver are extremely effective against them.

-Healing Factor: When transforming Lycans heal at a rapid rate, this is how the Lycan survives the process of having every bone in their body broken and reformed, though this abilities only activates when transforming, meaning they heal at a normal rate most of the time.

The Lycans abilities are strongest when they are exposed to direct moonlight, being better connected to Nemiisae herself.

The Lycans abilities are all halved when in human form.

Weaknesses

-Silver weapons are extremely effective against Lycans.

-The transformation processes is painful and leaves them open to attacks.

-If a Lycan were to come into contact with Wolfsbane (Or any other dangerous plant) they would become extremely weak, long exposure to it resulting in a quick death.

-Lycans can’t wield weapons when in a transformed state of any kind (except semi), there claws not allowing them to hold a weapon properly.

-Mentally weak when in Wolf form, extremely susceptible to mental magic.

-they suffer from many bone diseases, making it harder for them to use swords or bows.

-They have trouble focusing in loud situations.

Wolves 2.jpg

The Alpha Lycan

The Alpha Lycan would be an ET creature only, The Alpha Lycan being twice as powerful as a normal one, Faster, Stronger and even more powerful when in the moonlight, This Lycan being the only one with an infectious bite, Able to turn other people into normal Lycans.

((People would be able to contact an ET or myself @jyecarson if they want to roleplay being bitten by an Alpha wolf, This would be a requirement to become one, This is to make sure there isn't a mass amount of them running around and this would also be used to limit Lycans to trusted Rpers who know the lore well. This may be changed in the future))

Side Effects

-Lycans crave the bones of the undead, they love gnawing and chewing on them, It making them feel like they’ve helped Nemiisae’s course and fulfilled their mission of protecting the balance.

-Lycans have an increased appetite on all forms, The process of transformation is very taxing and exhausting for the body, Making them eat more to regain the energy they used when changing forms.

-Over time Lycans start devolving bone problems and start suffering from joint and muscle pains when in normal form, making them less proficient fighters when in normal form, often having joints lock up mid battle and many have trouble swinging swords or drawing back bows.

-Many have trouble adapting to these new increased senses, Often becoming overwhelmed in loud situations.

-They become much more wolf-like in normal form,  making it hard for them to lead normal lives, slowly losing their mind to their wolf side Lycans often go mad.

Uses of Lycan Parts

Lycans all have special body parts that are almost always useful in alchemy that make them quite sought-after by witchers, alchemists, mages, and the like.

Their eyes can be harvested for alchemical uses, this organic material a strong Air symbol, representing Sight. If eaten raw, the consumer may experience mild night-vision, though they will vomit profusely, the dreadful substance causing infections within the body. This means that the eyes should be used in alchemical concoctions, where their harmful properties can be diluted or even taken away altogether.

Their long claws, bones, or teeth can be grinded down into a fine dust, which can be used in Alchemy as a powerful fire symbol of Rage and Destruction. This makes them quite useful in potions revolving around those properties, such as Alchemist’s fire. They are also as sturdy as iron, or even steel in some cases. So they may be used as effective arrow-heads, melee weapons, and the like.

Their organs all make good alchemical substances for Water symbols. They can make great Healing, Beauty, and other sort of potions. It’s uses outside of alchemy include it making some of the best bait in Axios for wild beasts. It can make even some of the most solitary, confined, and self-controlled monsters into a hunger-frenzy from miles away. Therefore, it is quite useful for the hunter who wants to get rid of the ghouls terrorizing their local village, or perhaps wanting to attract the biggest Buck to collect food.

Lastly, their pelt is very useful for Earth symbols because of its sturdiness and unyielding nature causing many-a-hunter to have issues hacking away at their thick pelts, save for aurum and silver tools. It’s main usage is for light-armor. It has the strength of steel rings, yet the lightness of leather. It can also be used for straps, bowstrings, pretty much anything that’s sturdy yet flexible.

(Thanks to _SuitAndTie_)

Advantages/Disadvantages

+You get the abilities of a Wolf .

+larger and have sharper claws and teeth than a normal Wolf.

+Upon death Lycan change back to their normal form to be healed by the monks.

+Lycans speak common in both forms.

+Lycans can smell other Lycan, easily able to identify one of their own.

-The transformation takes a long time and leaves you open to attacks.

-Druids have a lot of influence over them when in Wolf form.

-Mages lose all voidal and deity connections upon being bit as the bite of an alpha Lycan not only effect there body but there soul as well..

-If a Lycan changes form to often (More than twice a day) they start experiencing extreme physical pain and energy loss from having their body reform so much.

-they can stay in wolf form for as long as they want, But the longer they wait the more painful it will be to change back.

-Weak against fire, Fur burns easily.

-Bone diseases make them less proficient fighters.

-they have trouble focusing in battle (Or any other loud) situations.

Red lines

-The bite will only affect humans, Elves and dwarves, any other race would result in death for the infected person.

-Kha, halflings and Orcs can not become Lycan due to bone structure and size, The transformation process would kill them.

-Mages can not become a lycan, the curse effecting their soul as well as their physical form, severing all deity and voidal connections.

-Wolfsbane and other deadly plants will kill Lycan within minutes.

-Lycans must transform at least once an Elven week or they start to develop extreme mental and physical pain.

-Only an alpha Wolf's bite can make other Wolf’s.

-You can’t instantly transform, doing so would be considered powergaming.

-You have to be bitten by an alpha wolf to play one.

This creature will be playable with a CA as long as the player is bitten in Rp by an alpha wolf before hand.

A huge thanks to everyone that helped out with this lore and a special thanks to these two for helping write some big parts of the lore.

@_SuitAndTie_

@Tidemanno

Also a big thanks to @ForsakenWarrior for helping with a lot of the grammatical errors and what not.

Edit; Made being bit by an alpha wolf a requirement to play this creature.

Edit; Added more physical weaknesses.

Edit; Removed immortality.

Edit; Changed abilities slightly.

Edit; Removed Bloodlust

Edit; Removed glowing eyes as an ability, it is now an active passive. 

Edit; Added more personality changes.

Edit; Nefed and changed abilities slightly.

Edit; Removed gold from weaknesses and changed other existing weaknesses slightly.

I think you should move this to the lore forum plus if this could be a ET creature rather than a user played race I think it would fit the server, otherwise this is kinda too op, you become a wolf and basically go rampaging can create some kind of meh rp, also why are theh weak to silver and golden weapons? And the fact that after they get killed they just get revived by monks and back to human form??? eeeeeh doesnt sound that fair. Also lol kha resembles wolfes better than all races but they cant be ones, i dont think this is a good addition to the server.

1 minute ago, Jewslavski said:

I think you should move this to the lore forum

I mean, I did want to see some more feedback but a lot of people have been suggesting i do this so i guess i should move it, if an FM would be kind enough to move this to lore submissions that would be great! <3

2 minutes ago, jyecarson said:

if an FM would be kind enough to move this to lore submissions that would be great! <3

I got you my dude.

Moved to the correct sub-forum.

im generally not a fan of shapeshifting characters of any type

12 minutes ago, Jewslavski said:

also why are theh weak to silver and golden weapons?

Its a downside/a part of there curse,  These cursed beings would fight against unnatural sources while also suffering the afflicted curse & downsides of it (aurum, silver, etc).

13 minutes ago, Jewslavski said:

after they get killed they just get revived by monks and back to human form

I mean, They will probably get killed often, Being so different and having such valuable bones, pelt, etc means they'll be hunted and killed a lot which could count towards one of there weaknesses, always having to hide the fact they are a Lycan. (This would also add a lot of new rp to monster hunters and alchemists and what not)

15 minutes ago, Jewslavski said:

otherwise this is kinda too op

There are much more overpowered playable races, Maybe if i made it so the person has to talk to one of the lore owners or someone else before they can rp as one? Kind of like sprites or ents, etc. I'm not to sure how that works.

13 minutes ago, Vaynth♥ said:

I got you my dude.

Moved to the correct sub-forum.

Thanks! <3

32 minutes ago, Jewslavski said:

plus if this could be a ET creature rather than a user played race I think it would fit the server, 

HELL NO. Also, good work jye, its way better than the start. 

Just now, Matthew AKA Soviet said:

Also, good work jye, its way better than the start. 

Thanks ?

I could see it as an event creature maybe not something that could be made and applied for like Golems, Ghouls etc. Also nice work in writing it.

11 minutes ago, Rammer said:

I could see it as an event creature maybe not something that could be made and applied for like Golems, Ghouls etc. it.

Nuh

Please explain why this shouldn't be an event creature because something of so many strengths seems like something I cant trust your average player with. 

1 hour ago, Nekkore said:

Please explain why this shouldn't be an event creature because something of so many strengths seems like something I cant trust your average player with.

Edit; Made it a requirement to be bitten by an alpha wolf to play one

Though this still wouldn't make Lycans ET only it would at least make sure they're played by trusted people, Hopefully helping avoid this creature being used to power game in any way.

and yes it may have quite a few strengths but it also has a lot of weaknesses. There are also a lot of playable creatures that have a lot more strengths then them but i do see your point.

This still doesn't seem balanced enough and would only be appropriate as an event playable creature. For its strengths to be all improvements upon the physical aspects of a normal player and its weaknesses to be only external influences, the benefits are way too badass. Adding to this that death just means reset and go again... I am not for the lore.

I think that a lot of you are missing the fact that UNTIL an ET trusts a player with letting them become a werewolf they are only ET playable creatures and even after that they still have to make an app. The effort needs to pay off + this could create a lot of rp, such as werewolf hunters etc. (ps. i realy want this to go trough since i helped writing it xD )