jyecarson

[✗] [Lore Submission] Lycans

Lycans  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this idea?

I think that a lot of you are missing the fact that UNTIL an ET trusts a player with letting them become a werewolf they are only ET playable creatures and even after that they still have to make an app. The effort needs to pay off + this could create a lot of rp, such as werewolf hunters etc. (ps. i realy want this to go trough since i helped writing it xD )

17 minutes ago, Elindor said:

. For its strengths to be all improvements upon the physical aspects of a normal player and its weaknesses to be only external influences

Edit; I added some more physical weaknesses, Because you were right, All weaknesses were external influences.

Hopefully this will make the creature slightly more balanced!

I believe your idea is a good start but you should definitely plan the creature around an event race, a guild locked creature race is pushing it a tad bit. Either way, I wish you luck. The origins of your lore conflict with the Druidic Shapeshifting magic, I'll link you it here so you may see what I might be getting at. 

https://wikia.lordofthecraft.net/index.php?title=Shapeshifting_Magic

Definetly only an ET event-race, at best. Not balanced, needs a lot of work and time spent to be even be an application based race. It's a big no from me. Go play a Kha and experience the server a bit more. 

4 minutes ago, Harold said:

Go play a Kha and experience the server a bit more

I played a kha for about 2 months at one point ?

49 minutes ago, jyecarson said:

Edit; Made it a requirement to be bitten by an alpha wolf to play one

Though this still wouldn't make Lycans ET only it would at least make sure they're played by trusted people, Hopefully helping avoid this creature being used to power game in any way.

and yes it may have quite a few strengths but it also has a lot of weaknesses. There are also a lot of playable creatures that have a lot more strengths then them but i do see your point.

My tip: make two types of Lycans. One weak, lesser one (player only) and a more powerful one kinda like the one you have as of now, which would be only usable by the event team.

3 minutes ago, Sythan said:

This is a very big negative in my opinion, and a reason why you should leave it as an ET only creature. Why open up a playable creature that will be locked out to people, who may go through all the required things to become one of these creatures, but won't be classified as 'trusted enough' to play one, so all their efforts are disregarded.

Yes I know that there are other groups currently that people may say are similar to 'locked for only friends' and 'trusted players' such as Frost Witches (Back in Vailor at least I heard a lot of issues. Not so much nowadays) and Ascended (To which I would personally argue against but I don't want this part of my comment to become a source of argument. But you get the point.).  Locking playable creatures and such for OOC reasons like trust and maturity is not good for player retention. Imagine a new player who comes along and tries to become one. Despite doing all the lead up correctly, they are slapped in the face with an OOC 'Nope buddo' and that's it. All motivation in that player is gone, and depending how new he/she is, that player might as well just leave.

So overall, your views on what this should be like if accepted are not server friendly. Best course of action would be to change it to an ET only.

I'm really trying to meet people halfway and from the people I've spoken to they'd like it to be more rare and a smaller group much like Frost witches, but i really am trying to avoid making this ET only as i I'd like to see these be played by the normal RPer. But thanks for the comment and I'll be sure to think about changing it.

14 minutes ago, Freema said:

The origins of your lore conflict with the Druidic Shapeshifting magic, I'll link you it here so you may see what I might be getting at.

From the druids I've talked to a lot of them seem fine with this form of shape shifting and i strongly based this re-write off the feedback i got from druids in the previous version of this lore.

https://gyazo.com/8dc26c2ebfef28a4fba302d7f61c93fa

But i will look into finding a different origin if needed.

I'll add a few things but yeah. They are currently much too op, there should be a lesser form of them for players to play, they shouldn't be stronger in human form, and should have drawbacks, maybe the Lycan becomes infertile?

It ages badly and becomes some twisted ugly guy? Maybe it ages faster? Perhaps they slowly go crazy, mad? They should have to replenish they're powers with something, a bit like a ghoul needs to eat flesh?

Perhaps they cannot survive in hot desert places? Perhaps they can be tainted and corrupted, hence making the gold weaponry usable against them, because as of now, there's no real reason, unless the transformation slowly taints them in a way or an other, making them slowly evil? These are some ideas of mine.

6 hours ago, jyecarson said:

Edit; Removed immortality.

Edit; Changed abilities slightly.

9 hours ago, jyecarson said:

-Kha, halflings and Orcs can not become Lycan due to bone structure and size, The transformation process would kill them.

Half-Orcs?