[✓] [Magic] [Addition] Celestialism Additions & Clarifications

BrandNewKitten

Disclaimer: It is a lot of pictures and text. Spoilers are borked and I couldn't find a fix.

n8THLu_lFSJGdTQla8fx-B9ppBEeLn-PPX9CGb6ZYlkC9WsMPETAIm7lFYscjZmAHIr84oFZjbhHrf-clLqbHLA1ZnmrwKDKOub9qPBQidObFAGsXPB6raw6LdLkTki49g0kBVM4

~* Celestialism Clarifications *~

Accepted Lore

“Let those who lead the herd do so in grace.”

An Overview

Greater Melding Clarification and Aura tracking

The Untempered Minds of Shades & The Darkened Hearts

The Blood of Celestials

Greater Celestials or Guardians of the Gardens:

Event Lines

Tier Restrictions & Sharpness

TLDR

Greater Melding Clarification and Aura tracking

VzBjQbp3EbgSi7Re9h3x458lmfgi_5WTPRf6luv1yT58rK75rgHbXfGX9vK-4UUKinUIHnYAIZSTY42DuIABXOyOgv7Bo7e2xvZEGjoT4uTY1k70awRwJ8MlUoyUMoslW5AmPHTo

Due to the level of connection achieved through two individuals melding together there forms a lower level of emotional symbiosis. While this does not allow the Celestial Arcanist to read the minds of their circle it does allow attunement to specific individuals. Those with deeply troubled minds will find greater melding to be more difficult than the simplest of spells and those they attempt to meld with will feel the repercussions of their mental afflictions. However those calm of mind will find immense tranquility in their coupling as the emotional state of each individual seeks to find equilibrium. In many of these cases the Celestial Arcanist appears to be the one that is notably more affected.

A side effect of greater melding, especially with those who have been melded with numerous times, is that the Celestial Arcanist will begin to differentiate the aura color of others from the menagerie of other voidal energy they might see. Celestial Arcanists come to understand those they have melded with on a uniquely intimate level and can at points pick up on the faint trail of aura left behind by their fellow spellcasters. While Aura Tracking is not used to identify the properties of magical residue or enchanted items it can potentially be used to identify the origin, or at the very least the distinctive color of the caster’s aura will appear more vibrant to them.

Red Lines:

• Telepathy is not formed but rather empathy that has a greater effect flowing towards the Celestial Arcanist. This pertains to mental afflictions both natural and unnatural.

• Aura Tracking is done purely with OOC permission.

• Aura Tracking does not work unless the Celestial Arcanist has previously melded with the individual which is usually a voluntary exercise.

The Untempered Minds of Shades & The Darkened Hearts

LriJE162tnPoi4zrKRHkPA7q9_YfgVy8Je-kQhWPlZ1dfNPqf7xh384eAenl8kJd9IQiG7YU_HJjt1YkA5c6u_9QNX0LDYv-wowMBrThZkfOwyIzklipZ0c3Mi8aTIIMo_60s-kE

Long have shades taken descendants and dragged them from the light into mental depravity. Due to the deeply troubled nature of the afflicted individual and the darkness surrounding their aura Shades will find it impossible to perform a binding ceremony through normal means. It is still plausible albeit must be accomplished via the newest forefather of Shade Magic, Aknu'gul, the Shade Gem. When this transpires it causes an adverse effect to the Celestial magi, instead of Celestials flocking to the Celestial Aura of the mage the shade-inflicted magi will seek to steal or dominate the Celestial. The result of this is unclear at best as the corruption of shade aspires to corrupt it to their whim, thereby creating a demonic-esque familiar akin to other voidal horrors.

It is only through the greater aura of the Celestial Arcanist that Celestial Familiars find their way to the binding ceremony. This usually takes place around an altar in a contained room that allows the collective energy to swell with brilliant light. With a shade involved or if the Celestial Arcanist has been afflicted the result would be darkened, hollow and futile which leads to the secondary approach. Along with this alternative binding process a Celestial Arcanist afflicted by the shade still possesses a Celestial Aura but its Radiance is replaced by a further darkening as it is empowered.

Akin to normal horrors these demonic-esque Celestials are more volatile versions of themselves and are abnormally enraged and because of this they are often completely barred from the normal existence granted to Celestials and sentenced to live a life of perpetual torment causing them to often frenzy, seeking sources of consumable mana. If chained or detained the horror would come to perish as the frenzy places a severe strain on the arcanist stone they are bound to.

Red Lines:

• Shades can have normal Celestial Familiars but only from before they were a shade. All future familiars are akin to regular horrors

• Corrupted Celestials and the unique binding thereof are usually left for event purposes. Other instances will be dealt with on a case by case basis.

• Celestial Arcanists can still be hexed and everything else as this does not affect the relationship between shade and mage.

• Does not apply to other dark arts. I.e. Necromancers, Soul Puppeteers. Frost Witches, etc...

The Blood of Celestials

fgFlgRNji0Ih1ibTA_GWLqmz0N7bCz04jEAU89EvfAG3_HuA9p0RZzeukgKKjRp8fHQVERr1N1khz4T6fAuShj5ZuwcvQhEPj_g2Om7PoDcqRD4tdyC2A6-bXQZJDxP9Nirr858X

Though they may be docile they still are horrors at their core and thus are ripe with the empowered genus blood mages may use in their rituals. Celestials make adequate sacrifices in many blood rituals but the consequences are critical. If a Celestial is sacrificed by their own magus their Arcanist Stone will be torn asunder and instead of being relieved back to the void they are utterly obliterated, suffering the same fate as many do within the abyssal void.

The Celestials of others can be sacrificed as well however they must first be slain, and their blood used within the few minutes it is available for. Additionally the Celestial will recover back to their stone in this case while suffering immense damage to the Arcanist Stone itself.

Red Lines:

• Blood Mages can sacrificed Celestials with OOC consent.

• Blood Mages sacrificing their own familiar will lose that familiar to a PK.

• Blood Mages must still follow their red lines. Celestial blood is Voidal Horror blood.

Greater Celestials or Guardians of the Gardens:

KsQNk4v16BMHQPQjwoZh4M8RVn1L33-5jyqSrDSB-lAudezDk3i0hLvCJSI3zOMgtEXcCKoACixfUXg9awl__2ymhGyTj8YZsF2e3Ay3orkEEmbhGh-j3dYdwNtQoNMaug8l1VZX

Occasionally a master arcanist stone is forged and when followed by the careful process of binding, sometimes between several individuals, a Celestial appears with a threshold of power largely surpassing those of meager familiars. These Greater Celestials appear only in areas latent with enough magical energy to nourish them. In most cases these areas will be the crystal gardens that the Celestial Arcanist have so closely watched and groomed often giving them the name of Garden Guardian or Crystal Guardians. In certain scenarios Greater Celestials may occur spontaneously within the world, having escaped their voidal containment, around ancient areas that have long been surrounded by higher levels of magical potency.

A few differences between a Celestial Familiar and a Greater Celestial are its lack of mobility, its enhanced nesting, added abilities, and territorial nature. If a Greater Celestial is bound to an Arcanist Stone it would have to be of a size too large to transport by most means or at least the Celestial Arcanist would find increased difficulty attempting to use them in combat due to their size. In return for their stone size the Greater Celestial is often many times larger than the biggest of Celestial Familiars and find things such as nesting, where the Arcanist Stone begins to physically root and spread through the adjacent environment via crystal formations, to be effortless. Their ability to draw upon their own pool of mana allows them to shape their surroundings alongside their Celestial Arcanist in a hastened fashion. Greater Celestials also find further potential in their gifts and ability to combat others. While they may be used as a focal point much like a familiar the Greater Celestial will have access to more abilities, many of which are directly influenced by the magics their caster possesses. Where a familiar may have an ability to cast light upon an area a Greater Celestial will cast a light that blinds its foes. Along with this the Greater Celestial is not as docile in comparison and will directly engage opponents like any other feral beast.

Due to their size, their power, and their consumption of mana the Greater Celestial that is bound by a Celestial Arcanist is likely to be found only within their domain. They build their territory and will defend it but lack the ability to move their stone. Without allowing the Greater Celestial to root and form a crystal garden around them they are incredibly vulnerable. If by some force of nature they are outside of their territory they will be drained of their mana quicker than a regular familiar and if found in combat outside of their territory the Greater Celestial is likely to be dispelled back to the void altogether. Outside of their territory Greater Celestials also grow much more docile however they will protect their garden until they cease to exist.

Red Lines:

• 10x the amount of materials used. If 5 diamonds are used for a Familiar. 50 are needed for a Greater Celestial of the same grade (grade being an arbitrary rank) OR via the use of cultivated crystal garden stones  

• Must follow red-lines of magics used

• Follows Celestial Familiar redlines outside of their specific crystal garden

• Fighting with a Greater Celestial outside of their garden will result in immediate unbinding should they receive higher levels of damage.

• Greater Celestials cannot learn new magic nor do they cast new spells. Their abilities are listed in their documentation which may be provided to the opponent if requested.  

WqjEsUpIPAjNnnRIuNLJ6aC44mSoybRJXUJkJRDALMoSgwDYAc564M9QqTenbdHuMn0x79NHVCxbnAgaw_mMMflDJE8FE8U9yk4r-MlLRe_H9tdSxb1IvoJTQCC-03tnbuwXw9Vy

Event Lines:

• Greater Celestials may occur within the realm without a Celestial Arcanist for use of events as a variant of Voidal Horror. These Celestials are found within a specific territory and are up to the discretion of the ET involved.

Notable Example of Greater Celestial Event:

• The White Stag of Fiandria: A mythical white stag could be located within the stag forest of Fiandria during the descendents time in Athera. Those that found the beast often lack the memory of how they arrived home and speak of the visions the White Stag brought to them.

Tier Restrictions & Sharpness

It isn’t my intention to limit the potential of Arcanists but instead allow better clarification in character design when a player chooses to express their roleplay through the writing I have done on this server through the years. That being said I hope to make Arcanism and Celestialism a tincy bit more appealing (not that it isn’t badass) with the clarification of these two things:

• Celestial Arcanism can only be taught to a tier 5 Arcanist. When learning Celestialism all other magics other than Transfiguration can no longer reach tier 5. It takes a disportionate amount of roleplay to maintain Celestial Arcanism however because Transfiguration works hand in hand with the magic it may achieve tier 5 as to prevent needless debuffs of the Celestial Arcanist. Truly mastering Arcanist Stones is something only a tier 5 transfigurationist can do.

• Evoking sharpness into an Arcanism spell is removed from the red lines. Sharpness may achieved with great strain at tier 5 and are strenuous to the caster. Enchanting sharpness is still a viable option with no changes. It made no sense to allow it in enchanting but a master arcanist couldn’t achieve it otherwise. After casting 1-3 sharp spells the Arcanist will find the strain of their depleting mana as I would equate sharpness to the feat of having two complete bubble shields in play.

TLDR;

• Celestial Arcanists are the equivalent of magical hound dogs to those they have melded with.
  • Shades cannot learn or make Celestial Arcanists shades.

• Blood Mages can sacrifice familiars because blood mages are monstrosities.

• Greater Familiars are larger and act as guardians for their specific garden but are almost impossible to use outside of that territory making them somewhat stationary.

• Transfig is an exception to the “no other tier 5” rule

• Sharpness is no longer a red line but can only be cast 1-3 times at tier 5 before exhuasting a mage.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

The point of this lore isn't to be sneaky and buff a magic but rather begin exploring how players can shape their environment. Voidal Horrors operate on a hierarchy and thus it fits to mimic it with Celestials. You know me and how I am always looking for the next step and where to expand and improv upon this diverse magic. So if you have an idea shoot me a pm.

Coming Soon:

• Arcanism Guide Update

• Possible clarifications regarding other beings

• Possible binding of Event Celestials for Event purposes

• Celestial Gods

BONUS ALBUM

K9pC03K8npTX3alSPTRMuDcMvgc9T_FPm-QfHb8p3HzazgEdWlvxiLStg1vpARYoxSBjS5e810o7SZwjFIOP7mCq9wyAtbgR2knL2EHNpdZDKc5M-EtFvznMxbS4UE_T-pLTYwgC

B5NXLPWCzYck-vsQ6kZ76iVTeEDw6TGORjmaslWi2_N4LoSN6Cn8vJgxswtUvWo-Dc9DhjG3-ipsOiSBwLxIYmVx54rmr_A4w5jQCblxTPXY15G-CDq9JiDsPQXympvHXWAhbWK9

8YJHuTvi8uNI2slZNudPhybVAHjix-02Ffu0Hfk6oU_u70z5lyWHmkzSKOXoNvpvmgwZ3K9jFkBnxTJ09OtA4XSHn0Fl_ouTOWZKdDBETZAg195A_O2YN11V4nYVPeaswVpswY4O

ESBJjtzeNIhV1c4UvrmR1uC1Qyc6ScQ5v7T9BDa4seilHLpDJvDjjABt1EFec7xLB4hvkbTvP9M9I_KW3hvH76yKoihWDSnc3I8ZlWdEHwW_sTyJfheCU-dER46f14Rhix7ClRPD

-eO5Uj86J7mAp_woFvAruKwh3WftKeLfg6rAzDlZHCNp8zRrIxY0t2_tHjo3HJ032VNI1m8FCOq25JpxpGmOiS-edpboptlR8IJjLy175GE72OkFZjIUUA9gfIgy2Uw_eBu9x613

10 minutes ago, Sir K Andruske said:

-one moment I fudged up-

i-know-that-feel.jpg

I like the lore in construct though more and more spoilers though it thrilled me to see more and more. This is a magic which enlightens a user and a nice breather to the constant dark-art additions which are seen on the server. I feel like this magic has good potential and RP skills to develop rather then 'pew'. 

I fully support this addition!

A helpful idea? Maybe make it that blood mages when they sacrifice the familiar and the stone cracks they have the potential to summon a more corrupted familiar to even maybe a voidal horror. Though they'll have no control over the creature. Your choice! Anyway love the lore.

GUYS I AM SO SORRY THAT MY SPOILERS DID NOT WORK OUT! 

I completely understand the intense level of content here and it was my intention to have spoilers to make it easier to read and pick through but somewhere in the transition between my google doc and this (which is what I always do) it got borked. I added an overview to help you piecemeal your way through. 

@Evocress Blood Magic can already summon horrors (to my understanding) so by sacrificing a Celestial the blood mage may choose to summon a Voidal Horror in its place. In the future I will be adding a clarification (because this was long enough as is) on how Necromancy, among other things, may corrupt Celestials into Horrors. So same sort of situation in both but slightly different outcomes. Celestial Horror vs. Normal Horror. Forgive me for not including it this round.

5 hours ago, Gladuos said:

Who needs elemental evocation when ya got THIS, ya know?

Really elemental evocationists need a BNK on their team. So much untapped potential in those magics.

The trouble with Arcanism is it is labelled as an evocation but I had always wanted it to be more and it finally is! So I am going full out. Balls to the walls, man.  

On 1/19/2017 at 8:36 AM, Sir K Andruske said:

In the future I will be adding a clarification (because this was long enough as is) on how Necromancy, among other things, may corrupt Celestials into Horrors.

Necromancy has no involvement with the Void and all, and as Celestials are forms of Voidal Horrors, they would have no Lifeforce- because that's the general scope of Necromancy. If something doesn't have Lifeforce, its unable to be tainted, malformed or ressurected by Necromancy, so being able to corrupt Celestials with it seems unlikely.

5 hours ago, Swgrclan said:

Necromancy has no involvement with the Void and all, and as Celestials are forms of Voidal Horrors, they would have no Lifeforce- because that's the general scope of Necromancy. If something doesn't have Lifeforce, its unable to be tainted, malformed or ressurected by Necromancy, so being able to corrupt Celestials with it seems unlikely.

You are likely correct which is why I have held off on its addition this round as well. Necromancy is within the grey area of my knowledge. Though there are other things regarding necromancy that I wish to discuss if you are willing to have a brief chat.

I stand in firm belief that Shade should still function over this magic, it shouldn't be an aversion by any means whatsoever. Shade magic literally operates on the consumption of mana, I'm utterly perplexed. Have you, by any chance, read the Shade lore?

3 hours ago, Tsuyose said:

I stand in firm belief that Shade should still function over this magic, it shouldn't be an aversion by any means whatsoever. Shade magic literally operates on the consumption of mana, I'm utterly perplexed. Have you, by any chance, read the Shade lore?

-redacted-

**Spoke with Tsu on the following;

-Shades may learn Celestialism

-Instead of Radiant Aura Celestialism empowers shade arcanists the other way.

-Instead of binding celestial familiars shade celestial arcanists, through an event process most likely, trap/steal/dominate any celestial they can find before corrupting them towards a darker hearted fiend. Resulting in either an actual horror or a demonic-esque celestial that seeks to feed off mana in a frenzy.

-These are technically no longer Celestial Familiars but rather Celestial Demons. They are volatile and if not allowed to replenish their mana will become unbound much quicker than a normal Celestial would. 

-Removed Celestial Arcanist boon against Shade affliction.